Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Revoltech alien up for preorder !!!!!

FIG-KAI-1562.jpg
FIG-KAI-1562_02.jpg

This Alien is just gorgeous!

Amazing, isn't it?
Even with all the articulation and the small size they managed to get the proportions and feel of the creature right.

Hey just looked these up on ebay, there's a few Hong Kong
sellers with BIN for under $30 us. Cheapest one was $24.99

Hey just looked these up on ebay, there's a few Hong Kong
sellers with BIN for under $30 us. Cheapest one was $24.99

Yeah, but be sure and check the shipping.

Most are charging about $25 just for shipping. :duh

Cheapest I've seen is about GBP £28 including P&P, which is expensive for a Revoltech, but OK as it's one I really, really want.

I'm going to get such a kick out of seeing people who love Alien, but who have never owned any Revoltechs, finding out just how poseable this will be. You will be able to get him in literally any position.

Man, gone are the days where I could get a good Revoltech for $20 flat.

It's a shame that Kaiyodo/Revoltech can't get beyond those ugly and very fragile ratchet ball joints; they snap after only a few basic movements.

They totally ruin the appearance of most of their figures. Some of their robots look good with them.

And it's only 5-6" tall.

$10-15 at the VERY most.

I wouldn't be getting too excited over this one...

Would be good for the kids if the joints weren't so damn fragile!

It's a shame that Kaiyodo/Revoltech can't get beyond those ugly and very fragile ratchet ball joints; they snap after only a few basic movements.

They totally ruin the appearance of most of their figures. Some of their robots look good with them.

And it's only 5-6" tall.

$10-15 at the VERY most.

I wouldn't be getting too excited over this one...

Would be good for the kids if the joints weren't so damn fragile!

I've had a large collection of Revoltech figures for more than three years and all of them are still completely intact. A friend's dog actually managed to nab an old Revoltech Evangelion and wreaked havoc with it and it still was intact, though it does suffer from dents and scratches (but that's to be expected). I feel that their joints are more durable than a lot of comparable toys in this scale, not to mention they'll never weaken do to the ratcheted nature of the 'Revolver' joints.

Revoltech has been getting better at hiding the joints in the aesthetics of the newer figures. They opt to use smaller ratchet joints or non-revolver joints where applicable.

I think they hide them quite well on the Alien:
FIG-KAI-1562.jpg

I do agree that prices for Revoltechs have been climbing. Actually, they've been fairly pricey to begin with.

First time ever I hear about breakage issues with Revoltechs...
I've had two for over a year and my 5 year old plays a lot with them. Still in perfect condition.

I've had a large collection of Revoltech figures for more than three years and all of them are still completely intact. A friend's dog actually managed to nab an old Revoltech Evangelion and wreaked havoc with it and it still was intact, though it does suffer from dents and scratches (but that's to be expected). I feel that their joints are more durable than a lot of comparable toys in this scale, not to mention they'll never weaken do to the ratcheted nature of the 'Revolver' joints.

Revoltech has been getting better at hiding the joints in the aesthetics of the newer figures. They opt to use smaller ratchet joints or non-revolver joints where applicable.

I think they hide them quite well on the Alien:
FIG-KAI-1562.jpg

I do agree that prices for Revoltechs have been climbing. Actually, they've been fairly pricey to begin with.

You'll find out... they snap like twigs (even when being careful). The posts are the worst to remove from the joints. The ratchets tend to set in positions and become very hard to move after a while. They feel like they are going to snap when you change the position. The pins are only moulded to the ball joint by 1mm of plastic, check them out. You have to be very careful with them. Not kids toys, ironically. Pose them and leave them, that's the best way to counter it. You obviously don't play with yours very much, Plasmid. that's all I can say.

You'll find out... they snap like twigs (even when being careful). The posts are the worst to remove from the joints. The ratchets tend to set in positions and become very hard to move after a while. They feel like they are going to snap when you change the position. The pins are only moulded to the ball joint by 1mm of plastic, check them out. You have to be very careful with them. Not kids toys, ironically. Pose them and leave them, that's the best way to counter it. You obviously don't play with yours very much, Plasmid. that's all I can say.

That is the total opposite of my experience with them. I own about 20 Revoltechs, and I've never had any issues with them. I've posed them over and over again and never had any breakages.

In my opinion you are trolling.

Yeah, but be sure and check the shipping.

Most are charging about $25 just for shipping. :duh

The shipping on the auction Nacho is speaking of is $15.00 from Hong Kong. So $45 total for this is about the best price I've seen....so far.

That is the total opposite of my experience with them. I own about 20 Revoltechs, and I've never had any issues with them. I've posed them over and over again and never had any breakages.

In my opinion you are trolling.

Get real man...grow a brain. Because I mention the fact that the revolver joints are fragile and need to be handled with care??:dunno

FACT: A minor amount of lateral stress on the joint will cause it to snap like a twig. It's 1mm of plastic that half hangs over the ball joint.

The reported problems with these joints is well documented, just google "Revoltech broken joints" etc. and you'll see what I'm talking about. Hundreds, and hundreds of pages of problems.

I would rate the joints much higher if they were made of metal. Would it kill them after all this time?

But I think they still make most of their non-robot figures look ugly, ruins the sculpt because they are so obvious.

Last edited:

Get real man...grow a brain. Because I mention the fact that the revolver joints are fragile and need to be handled with care??:dunno

FACT: A minor amount of lateral stress on the joint will cause it to snap like a twig. It's 1mm of plastic that half hangs over the ball joint.

The reported problems with these joints is well documented, just google "Revoltech broken joints" etc. and you'll see what I'm talking about. Hundreds, and hundreds of pages of problems.

I would rate the joints much higher if they were made of metal. Would it kill them after all this time? But I think they still make most of their non-robot figures look ugly, ruins the sculpt because they are so obvious.

You must have gotten a defective batch?
I have a crap load, and "tried" to break some of them with no luck.

I'm not calling you a liar.... it's just the 1st time I've heard of this problem. :confused:

I did a search, and this is all I found:
(which isn't a revolver joint)

DSCN0747.jpg

First time ever I hear about breakage issues with Revoltechs...
I've had two for over a year and my 5 year old plays a lot with them. Still in perfect condition.

Just thought I'd quote myself. :D

As for the ugly joints, dude, it's their philosophy. That's the way they have decided to make their figures, with those big "revolver" joints. It's like getting mad at HT for making their newer aliens with rubber bodies that greatly impair articulation. That is the way they decided to make them, nothing to be done about that.

I've just said that I've had one mauled by a dog and it was still intact. And I play with them from time to time. It's a shame you've had breakages, but you're in the minority (who must be hammering these or something).

This is a moot argument. All I know is that I have 25 Revoltechs and none of them are broken in any way and I don't imagine I'll have a problem with the Alien. Your experience differs from mine, somehow. Too bad for you.

I've only had a couple of minor breakages too, but that's because I know (learned very fast) how to handle them. If someone who had never picked up a figure like this tried to pose it, there is a very good chance that they would snap the joints. Trying to flex the joint against the direction it swivels WILL do that very easily. That's how a couple of my figures got damaged... You have to study these joints. Flex the joint sideways, with a moderately light pressure, and they will snap like twigs... The figure itself is fairly solid (depending on the figure), but the joints would be better made from metal. A dog could give it a light chew, but if he rubbed it on the ground while doing it, there is an excellent chance he would snap a joint or two. One snag and it's broken.

Google this exact phrase: "Revoltech broken joints", you will see hundreds/thousands of people that have troubles with their joint designs. Read the various AMAZON reviews and comments. These figures are for occasional posing and tinkering with, not really for playing with. They aren't built anywhere near as tough as the old 4" Star Wars figures, that's for sure.

I think it's a bit like the Medicom body, it is constructed so differently that I think a lot of breakage issues also stem from the fact that people apply force in the wrong places and directions.
If you don't take the time to look a bit at the construction of a figure and start twisting and turning the wrong way breakage will most probably ensue.

I think it's a bit like the Medicom body, it is constructed so differently that I think a lot of breakage issues also stem from the fact that people apply force in the wrong places and directions.
If you don't take the time to look a bit at the construction of a figure and start twisting and turning the wrong way breakage will most probably ensue.

100% + 100% x 100% ^ 100% true.
:lecture

Back