Return of the King..

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that was changed a bit for how it starts but that thing else I'm pretty sure is minor bits as the EE scenes were added.

I will say that the EEs are for hardcore fans. If you have to talk someone into giving them a try (which was the case with me, originally...RotK was the only film I saw in the theaters), the added scenes of Treebeard musing about Entwives or Aragorn revealing his true age can be kind of distracting.

Yeah, I guess. As someone who has read the books countless times at this point I love the EE because of how much more they blend the book and the movies.

Yeah, I only became a rabid fan after the fact. Only a couple months after reluctantly renting a copy of FotR, I had bought the extended editions of the first two films as well as the books.

Now I'm the kinda fan that was bummed to learn that rumors that there still might be a third "bridge" film along with the two Hobbit films were false.

Well, glad you joined us among the rabid. LOTR is my favorite and for my two cents stands head and shoulders above things like SW, Indy, etc.

A bridge film would have been cool but I think the way they're including stuff within The Hobbit will make up for that.

Well, glad you joined us among the rabid. LOTR is my favorite and for my two cents stands head and shoulders above things like SW, Indy, etc.

A bridge film would have been cool but I think the way they're including stuff within The Hobbit will make up for that.

As much as I love Star Wars...I have to agree. LOTR is my own favorite story well above all others.

Very true. :lol I enjoy both but the many faults within SW is why I can't get all riled up like some. Not that there aren't some things within lotr that I'm not the biggest fan of.

I heard he's in the witness protection program under and new alias which is easier for people to spell. :lol

Can you imagine the Tolkien grandchildren writing sci-fi crossovers or zombie tie-ins.

There will always be a place for SW somewhere in my brain but I have no desire to have statues from that franchise. I can't even really explain why without sounding like a jerk. Its like even a classic trilogy piece from a classic character is tinged with the last decade of drivel.

Now oddly enough Indy for me is pure fun. I take none of it too seriously.

Indy and Star Wars both are just our fun for me. I sit back and enjoy them for what they are. I make nothing more or less of them.

watched this again last night on blue ray. love the scene at the end when all four of the hobbits are back in the green dragon. kind of this 'no need to say anything' look on their faces because after everything they have been through what is there to say. then sam gets up to talk to rosie and pippin's expression is just awesome. sam is by far my favorite in rotk.

watched this again last night on blue ray. love the scene at the end when all four of the hobbits are back in the green dragon. kind of this 'no need to say anything' look on their faces because after everything they have been through what is there to say. then sam gets up to talk to rosie and pippin's expression is just awesome. sam is by far my favorite in rotk.

Samwise the Brave FTW!! :rock :rock
x :wave

Indy and Star Wars both are just our fun for me. I sit back and enjoy them for what they are. I make nothing more or less of them.

Could not agree more. I've noticed over the last few years or so, LOTR has become a far better trilogy than SW. I use to really love SW, but now I am realizing how deep LOTR goes. I know they are based off of a very good book, but even the films do an amazing job of conveying that. The more I watch SW, the more it just seems like a fun ride, and no more. The more I watch LOTR, it seems I get something more/new out of it.

Could not agree more. I've noticed over the last few years or so, LOTR has become a far better trilogy than SW. I use to really love SW, but now I am realizing how deep LOTR goes. I know they are based off of a very good book, but even the films do an amazing job of conveying that. The more I watch SW, the more it just seems like a fun ride, and no more. The more I watch LOTR, it seems I get something more/new out of it.

Shows how good a job PJ did with the films if it leaves you thinking more in depth about the lore of Middle Earth. The Hobbit lured me in many (many) years ago and I still love reading stuff Middle Earth related to expand on it's 'history'. A very good blending of book(s) and film(s) :lecture

That's happening to me as well. With LOTR, there are awesome books and movies I can enjoy all the time. With SW, I only have the OT. I don't need to rewatch the PT very much and all the SW books out there are just meh.

Back