Return of the King..

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing smaller then 50 inches will do for me. I like to be taken away by the movie and actually be part of the experiance. My new Klipsch Reference sound system is got me the most excited though.

Jesse

Josh, you certainly had your priorities set right: Polystone before anything else (even a 19" tv).

Re: Re: Return of the King..

Josh, you certainly had your priorities set right: Polystone before anything else

Well, to tell you the truth this TV is a item I won at my project graduation 5 years ago from High School. :lol Goes great with my $99 DVD player from Wal-Mart.

Yea I love this movie also and gets me everytime.
The one part for me that is the most emotional is Boromir dying.:(

Our 32" is alright.... especially with surrond sound... but we are definately going to be upgrading everything soon.

Wow jesse... I can't believe you've held out almost a year without seeing the EE. My god... I think I watched the preview at least 100 times I was so excited!!!!! Then of course the first thing we did was watch the marathon. I can't imagine not knowing how the Saruman scene unfolds... seeing the WiKi confrontation.... the Mouth of Sauron.... the Houses of Healing... etc etc etc. THAT's will power!

I only watch on the projector... its the only way to go.

But, havent watched ROTK EE since december... cos Im plannning a marathon but havent yet had the time.

Watched ROTK EE sunday night/afternoon too. And when we're talking about inches - I only got 21" :rolleyes

Hoping to upgrade to 37" LCD very soon - but the money....
:ar

I watched all three over a period of a week! :banana

I watched them on my iMac 20" widescreen and hooked it up to my Hi-Fi! :rock

My next door neighbours must have loved me! Especialy as there new born is in the room the other side of my wall! That's my payback for all the screaming and crying in the night! :lol

Psycho Cenobite :hat

I only watch on the projector... its the only way to go.

Me too, I have a small movie theater in my house. A Few months ago I watched all 3 EE back-to-back. Had friends over, it was so awesome!

maybe a little off topic but since you guys mentioned the credits...
other than LastOfNine, how many of you guys/gals' names are in the credits... you know the Charter Club Members...

I'm a member, but my name isn't in the credits. Since my last name is Øien and start with a Norwegian letter, I guess they didn't know where to place me???

I chose to necropost as opposed to starting a whole new thread...deal with it.:)

I am watching ROTK on a marathon on Encore right now. When the movie started, the sound was way off from the movie. I am not even sure if it was early or delayed, but there seemed to be at least 10-15 seconds difference.

But the actual reason I posted is because I have been a dedicated EE watcher since they came out and have not watched the theatrical versions since they were first released in the theaters.

I was surprised to see that not only did they add a lot to the EEs...but they actually cut a lot out as well. I am going to re-watch the theatrical versions and the EEs back-to-back and see how much of this I notice.

Like you, I hadn't watched the theatrical cuts since they were in the movies until a few weeks ago when I caught Fellowship on TV (theatrical version). If I ever had the time, I would like to watch both versions of each movie back to back to see which one works better. Of course, just having more stuff doesn't make a movie better. Could be the theatrical versions flow better somehow, but since the EE versions were released, they are all I've cared to watch.

I'm sure one day we'll be blessed with the complete version of the movies, with everything included from both. I'm thinking 20 or 25th anniversary editions.

IMO the EE are the best of the two versions. I love the TE versions and have watched them but the EE are the closest to the book, and TTT gives a better representation to Faramir as a character. As far as I know while they added a lot they didn't really cut anything in the EE.

I can't really think of anything that was cut from the EEs, either. I guess there was a brief scene in RotK where Gandalf says it's safe to leave Saruman imprisoned in Orthanc, but that's about it.

Back