Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta (post 32)

As long as it looks good i don't care if it is metal or not. Hopefully more will be on the way.

The one plus I must say is the ES......thank goodness

I do think these helms represent a better value than the shields did...these are 1/4 scale while the shield were like 1/10 or close to that

I ordered as well. If they can provide a base that is very similar to the originals, it will be a HUGE plus. Looking forward to seeing how the quality stands up with the change in material. At least it's still an affordable line (for me) at this time.

Well i never hold my helms when they're on display, so as long as it looks cool, which it does, i'm not too worried.

I didn't realize they weren't metal. The old ones had such a nice weight to them.

However, I look at my collectibles, not hold or play with them. Once they are out of the box and on the shelf, that's where they stay.

I agree. As a matter of fact, with the rising costs of petrolium based products, I think plastic should not have been utilized either. Weta should have gone green and used bio-degradable materials...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I just don't understand this excuse/explanation. It's not a matter of if one is going to "play" with them or not. The metal material added to the perceived value of these particular pieces, by giving them both heft and the coolness factor that they were made from the same materials as the original props (more or less...)

Quick question(s): Then why waste time/money with polystone on the other lines? Why not make the environments, statues, etc., completely from plastics as well?

It's just discouraging to see prices rising and materials cheapening.

Doubling the price and not even metal sucks..

It has been almost 10 years since the original line commenced, so I wouldn't have expected the same price point for this new line. But not even being metal definitely raises an eyebrow on the price point and I find it disappointing as well.

The one plus I must say is the ES......thank goodness

It's nice to see a decent ES but I unless the scalpers come out in full force, I don't see this selling out soon.

I'm sure when we be this it will still have a nice heft to it and be much like poky stone which is a plastic.

I always thought polystone and polyurethane are the same.

@FlighAndFight: I completely agree with you. Doubbling the price and decreasing the material feels like quadrupling the price.

To me it seems that some people here are easily to satisfy, just because the name on the product is Weta. They've made many wrong decisions in the last time.

I can't imagine what people would complain if Sideshow would decide to use a cheaper material for the 1/6 line.

People here a term and freak. Let's wait and see how it comes out before going off the rails.

helm is here bag it 500 pieces only

Let me get this right, it is an 8.95 reservation fee and I pay the rest when it ships? I have never ordered from Weta before.

Let me get this right, it is an 8.95 reservation fee and I pay the rest when it ships? I have never ordered from Weta before.

There's NO reservation fee. You pay for it when it ships.

Boromir - yeah, because NO-ONE on this particular forum goes all rose-tinted glasses over some of the stuff Sideshow put out...

OK, got a reservation

500 is not too much, do you think those helms are sort of website exclusive?

I think their items in general are only sold on the Weta site.

This looks great! I have almost all of them...only missing King Theodens helm. The base looks just like the ones from the Sideshow/Weta partnership.

Very cool! Good things for lotr, weta, and the helm line.

Back