Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 1:4 Helm Series from Weta

Have you ever held one?

I'm just curious because I wasn't either until I actually held one and felt how heavy and how well made they are. Then the collecting began...

No, but I am still very eager to see what helm it is. Maybe it will inspire me to collect them if it is a cool helm.

Re: Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta (post 32)

I have all of them including the Witch King.

If you bought their Weta collectibles book where they show you a compilation of all of their collectibles released so far you see that there was quite a few helms that went through prototype and never made it.

I think easily a dozen more or so. At least 3 or 4 Uruk Hai helms I can think of that actually made it all the way to prototype. An awesome looking one was an Uruk Hai General helm and there was a sapper version as well. Then we had quite a few crowns from the Elves . . .

So this line can easily expand and I'd love to keep going until we had a truly definitive, complete collection.

As for the shields, big mistake was making it a pin. That really cheapened it in my view and I lost interest completely. If you're going to make a nice replica then treat it seriously and with dignity don't make it like a toy. The idea of something like that being pinned on a suit was a big turn off.

Glad they didn't make that mistake with the Helms and also that they decided to keep the size and look and base consistent.

One final thing, ALL the helms in the original series were made of metal. Quite heavy with a good amount of heft to them. Hope that remains the same as well. I don't want this line to be polystone . . .

The shields are awesome! I don't even think about the pin aspect with the two I have.

The pin feature was kind of a turn off for me. But the shields just weren't as iconic as the helms i guess. You always notice a Helmet cuz it's on a person's head. Can't say any shield stands out in my mind except for Boromir's. i remember i got my first helm for free from a SS contest. I was amazed at how detailed it was and how heavy it was. I was hooked immediately and tracked down the entire set over the next couple years. Glad i got them when i did cuz some have gotten really rare now. I wouldn't mind increasing my collection. I wish they would make every helm on that unreleased list. I want them all.

I don't know. The shields are pretty iconic I think. I have the Gondorian and Rohirrim shield which for me are important in representing each culture. I still need to pick up Gil-Galads shield as its pretty cool looking. Weta made a really neat poster with a ton of shields some of which I assume we may see. There are a lot of great ones on there including Boromir's.

DFCHANG...is it possible you show some of the helms prototype images you have? I have look for it but I only have found the Pippin in Moria and some enviromments.
Thanks

These are the Prototypes from the Collector's Guide (bit difficult to photograph due to the glosy pages):

img2964e.jpg

img2965h.jpg

img2966k.jpg

img2968v.jpg

img2967g.jpg

It has been discussed that the pixelated picture posted by Weta in their newsletter corresponds to the Uruk-Hai General's Helm (the one with red wings above). Also this helm is the one that did better at the polls and Weta has a prototype for it, so my guess is that this will be the helm that will be released.\

I really wanted the Uruk-Hai Pikesman's helm, it is much more iconic!

No, but I am still very eager to see what helm it is. Maybe it will inspire me to collect them if it is a cool helm.

Darin, I have a damaged helm in my collection that I replaced while ago with an undamaged one. Since you are now interested to explore what the helms are all about, maybe you will be interested to receive it in the mail from me. It is going to be a damaged cool helm, but it may at least get you excited enough to start collecting helms, which will be a good reason to give it to you as a gift. Just send me a PM if you are interested, you also live in Texas so shipping should not be that expensive.

What about these Nazgul-King? Are these of your interest?

[Helm] Theodred's Helm
[Helm] King Theoden's Crown
[Helm] Eowyn's Circlet
[Helm] Queen Arwen's Crown
[Helm] Rohirrim's Plainsman's Helm
[Helm] Wraith Crowns - set of 3
[Helm] Arwen's Butterfly Headdress
[Helm] Gil-galad's Crown
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Captain's Helm
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Swordsman's Helm
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Crossbowman's Helm
[Helm] Cirith Ungol Uruk-Hai Helm
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Scout Officer's Helm
[Helm] Orc Lieutenant's Skull Helm
[Helm] Irolas' Helm
[Helm] Crowns of the Mortal Kings - set of 9
[Helm] Legolas' Circlet
[Helm] King Elessar's Funeral Crown
[Helm] Dwarven Emissary's Helm
[Helm] Fountain Guard Captain's Helm
[Helm] Orc Warg Rider's Cowl
[Helm] Dead Man of Dunharrow Helm
[Helm] Haradrim War Mask
[Helm] Siege Tower Troll Helm
[Helm] Fell Beast Chamfron
[Helm] Roheryn's Chamfron
[Helm] Morgul Horse Chamfron
[Helm] Snowmane's Chamfron
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Pikesman's Helm
[Helm] Uruk-Hai General's Helm
[Helm] Uruk-Hai Sapper's Helm
[Helm] Galadriel's Crown
[Helm] Elrond's Crown

Not really :lol, I was only interested in a few of the helms the first time around. Don't get me wrong, they were very well done and I loved the ones that I had - War Mask of The Morgul Lord, Helm of Sauron and Mouth of Sauron. I've never fully committed to any one line, and only buy what I like, and that goes for Statues, PF's, Environments, Props, etc... So I'm not ruling out picking up a helm or two, but it all depends on what comes along. :duff

Last edited:

The Gondorian helms are the best IMO. The Rohan helms are cool as well.

My favorites are the High Elven, Gondorian Fountain Guard, Theoden and Rohan Royal Guard.

The Gondorian helms are the best IMO. The Rohan helms are cool as well.

Both cultures helms are awesome pieces. Loved having them back in the day.

I love all the helms...the orcs ones are very beautifull, too. It's a very good notice the return of the line.

Expensive compared to the old helms + shipping.

But only 500 may be worth it.

Back