Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta (post 32)

I ordered 5, hope combined shipping is possible.. <.<

Any clue on the ES on the old helms?

Any clue on the ES on the old helms?

Lowest was the witch king crown that was 500...the rest were higher...1000 or more ES...from what I remember anyway

I think that the witch king crown was only 500 and was a gift for the people who bought all the medallions series.
The 4 Gondor Helmets were 1500 I want to remember and the rest of the helmets 2500...I think

It's from polyurethane now! :dunno

Well i never hold my helms when they're on display, so as long as it looks cool, which it does, i'm not too worried.

Shipping seems a bit steep but Darren at Weta say they're looking into it and will change it before they start shipping later in the year.

I didn't realize they weren't metal. The old ones had such a nice weight to them.

However, I look at my collectibles, not hold or play with them. Once they are out of the box and on the shelf, that's where they stay. The Boba Fett PF was lightweight and I could care less because he looks awesome in the display case.

Well i never hold my helms when they're on display, so as long as it looks cool, which it does, i'm not too worried.

Shipping seems a bit steep but Darren at Weta say they're looking into it and will change it before they start shipping later in the year.

Thanx FrodoEyes for the info about the shipping...

When I've checked my order and I saw 55 USD only for the shipping lol! ---> I was like that :thud:

Got the mail from Darren too...so everything will be ok I hope! :D

Just saw the email on my way out of work. Will order when I get home.

Looks nice. :yess: Ordered...helms are what got me started on this awful collecting habit. :gah:

Doubling the price and not even metal sucks..

From Daniel Falconer at Weta:

Yes, sadly that was the one compromise we had to make. Ideally they'd be the same in every way to what went before, but the economics of today are simply not what they were a decade ago when we started doing the Helms. We certainly looked at making them in metal again, but the cost would have been much higher and we didn't feel that would be viable for this product.

We had to let something go and we felt that, in the scheme of things, providing the same level of detail could be achieved (or possibly even improved upon), the material was less important than maintaining consistency in the scale and aesthetic. So, it is our intention that it should look indistinguishable from the past helms as much as possible, but when you might notice the difference would be when picking it up.

Speaking for myself, that only occurs when I dust my collection, so we hope it won't be a deal breaker for most folks, but I appreciate for some that was an important element in the old line. Wish we could have done it, but something had to give.

Thanks to everyone who has supported the return of the Helms! I'm thrilled they're back. I'll be placing my order as well!

Metal would have been nice but the helm looks great all the same.

Na I only bought 2 for myself, 1 for display, 1 to keep unopened and 3 for my friends.

Back