Resolicit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatFanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
In light of the Kotobukiya Danger Room Rogue cancellation, I've noticed that more and more items (not just Marvel) are NOT being released on time, only to learn that they've gone up for resolicit. Does this mean that the company hasn't received enough orders to produce the said item, and they're giving the public a second chance to get their orders in? I ordered a D.C. Direct Two-Face bust over a year and a half ago, it was cancelled, then resolicited and produced at a much lower number. Any insight?

In light of the Kotobukiya Danger Room Rogue cancellation, I've noticed that more and more items (not just Marvel) are NOT being released on time, only to learn that they've gone up for re-solicit. Does this mean that the company hasn't received enough orders to produce the said item, and they're giving the public a second chance to get their orders in? I ordered a D.C. Direct Two-Face bust over a year and a half ago, it was canceled, then re-solicited and produced at a much lower number. Any insight?

That is a very intriguing question you have posed BF; it sounds like a good theory.
will check back to see if the you get a plausible answer, curious also.

Sounds like a trend in the Pop collection industry slowing down in demand and profitability.

I'm not sure, but I think with the Two-Face bust it was actually a production problem. If you look at the resolicit image, they used a different type fabric for the jacket.

I spoke to a Diamond rep and my hunch was accurate. More often than not, when an item is a resolicit it's to generate more sales. Chances are if the sales are not generated the item will be cancelled, pushed to a later release date, and or repackaged in a gimmick-style fashion...e.g. variant (repaint). He also stated the industry has been hit quite hard and half the items that are solicited may not make it to production.
Hard times for us collectors.

You're absolutely right about Hot Toys. I was referring to the statue market more so than anything else.

Back