resin whats the best to use

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi chaps, i have a head i need to cast and adapt for my own display, Whats the best resin to use that will give 0 bubbles and will capture fine detail?

New here myself, but I think I can answer your question.

The best resin I have found is made by smooth-on.

Its called crystalclear220 and it cures rock hard. For making stuff you want rigid with no movemnet, this is for you.

Something more flexable, you could use clear 50, also made my smoothon.

I use smoothcast 327 colormatch for most of my cast projects.

All of the above you will need a pressure pot, this can be made for right around 50.00 and this will crush all the bubbles, and give you crisp clean parts.

all of the above products are clear and will need dye as well, all can be found on smooth-ons site.

Hope that helps a bit.

Dave

New here myself, but I think I can answer your question.

The best resin I have found is made by smooth-on.

Its called crystalclear220 and it cures rock hard. For making stuff you want rigid with no movemnet, this is for you.

Something more flexable, you could use clear 50, also made my smoothon.

I use smoothcast 327 colormatch for most of my cast projects.

All of the above you will need a pressure pot, this can be made for right around 50.00 and this will crush all the bubbles, and give you crisp clean parts.

all of the above products are clear and will need dye as well, all can be found on smooth-ons site.

Hope that helps a bit.

Dave

thanks for the help, the resin you us is that the stuff that when cured goes white or just clear?

also looking at there site do you use Smooth-On's SORTA-Clear® 40 for the mould ?, i realy need to invest in a pressure pot is there a way of doing it without a compressor?

Anyone got any ideas on where to pick up smooth-on products over in the UK?

Is there anything on the market that cures soft and elastic to make flexible tentacles for Kit Fisto?

thanks for the help, the resin you us is that the stuff that when cured goes white or just clear?

also looking at there site do you use Smooth-On's SORTA-Clear® 40 for the mould ?, i realy need to invest in a pressure pot is there a way of doing it without a compressor?

Anyone got any ideas on where to pick up smooth-on products over in the UK?

I've hardly ever used a pressure pot and have never had problems. As long as you pour slowly, aren't casting small bits, bits with odd jutting out parts, or crystal clear stuff you should be fine. :duff

If you play around with teh ratio of the mix to clear flex 50, you could make them no problem.

I swear by a pressure pot, better results IMHO, but everybody has there tricks.

Pressure pots can be made for as lil 50.00 but you will neeed a comp.

hi chaps, i have a head i need to cast and adapt for my own display, Whats the best resin to use that will give 0 bubbles and will capture fine detail?

If you want I can make ya a mold of the head, wouldnt be an issue at all, if your interested send me a pm, cool?

Dave

Back