Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before he gets impaled, he injects himself with the G-Virus which allows him to live. I don't remember where he says it (I think it was in Wesker's Journal) that a person could control the mutation of that virus with strong will and awareness (something I guess Birkin didn't have)

I believe he injects himself with a variation of the progenitor virus. This was given some light in RE5 (please don't degrade into a whether or not RE5 sucks discussion...pleeeease)

According to wiki

Wesker reappears in Resident Evil Code: Veronica with superhuman powers and working for an unnamed secret organization against Umbrella. In the fictional documentary titled Wesker's Report, Wesker reveals that he survived his apparent death in the first game by injecting himself beforehand with an experimental virus, provided by his former colleague William Birkin, that revived and augmented him with superhuman strength, speed and regeneration, but at the expense of his humanity (this can be seen on Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Resident_Evil_series#Albert_Wesker

Also RE 5 sucked. :)

if you read the Albert Wesker file Contained in RE5. It does mention that Birkin gave Wesker the virus, but it also pretty clearly mentions that its the Progenitor virus, or at least an "experiemental" version of it.

Yea sure whatever you say. What is RE5?

Don't care what you all say, RE5 was awesome. Even the weakest RE game is better than 99% of the crap out there

I'd say RE5 was "disappointing" b/c it took the series even further into the "shooter" style but I enjoyed it as a game. I miss old school RE.

Also RE 5 sucked. :)

Don't care what you all say, RE5 was awesome. Even the weakest RE game is better than 99% of the crap out there

I'd say RE5 was "disappointing" b/c it took the series even further into the "shooter" style but I enjoyed it as a game. I miss old school RE.

(please don't degrade into a whether or not RE5 sucks discussion...pleeeease)

aw come on, i asked nicely

:lol

Before he gets impaled, he injects himself with the G-Virus which allows him to live. I don't remember where he says it (I think it was in Wesker's Journal) that a person could control the mutation of that virus with strong will and awareness (something I guess Birkin didn't have)

Clearly not G-virus, or Wesker would have a big ol' eye on his shoulder. Either way, yeah he survived through viral injection from Birkin.

Clearly not G-virus, or Wesker would have a big ol' eye on his shoulder. Either way, yeah he survived through viral injection from Birkin.

My assumption is that the plan was he was originally suppose to die but then the series took off and they wanted to bring him back so then in CV they added that stuff. What would be more interesting is at the point of CV did they know about RE4/RE5. Or did they keep it generic on purpose.

Transcript from Wesker's Report

I had to eliminate Enrico who found out what was behind it all. I used Barry to get to him. After I successfully got rid of that nuisance I awaited the sample specimen that Barry would bring to me in the Tyrants room.

I injected the virus I obtained from Birkin in advance. If I made Umbrella believe I was dead, it made it far more convenient to sell myself to the opposing corporation. According to Birkin, the virus had profound effects. It would put my body in a state of temporary "death." It would then bring me back to life with super human powers. Therefor I unleashed an awesome Tyrant from its slumber and let it attack me.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/t4B73kJd0WA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/t4B73kJd0WA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

As my consciousness faded away I was certain that the whole scheme would end in success.

Never did I imagine that S.T.A.R.S. could slay the evil creation. I lost the Tyrant and the plan I devised which cost me my humanity ended in failure. Now anything and anyone who stood in my way would be terminated. It's been that way for a long time and it always will be. At all costs I had to make S.T.A.R.S. pay.

It doesn't specifically say it was the G-Virus Wesker injected himself with, it just said he got it from Birkin. I allways thought it was some experimental virus developed by Birkin perhaps. I mean when William was killed by HUNK and the Umbrella mercs, why didn't he have the same powes as Wesker does if it was G?

Last edited:
Well, I was reading more up on Resident Evil Wiki and it said that as Albert was apart of Project Wesker, each child received a virus which was supposed to give them powers to make them "advanced and evolved humans" to take over the world for Spencer. It said that Albert received his virus from Birkin, so it could be THAT that he injected into himselfwhich allowed him to survive the Tyrant.

In RE5 Spencer states something along the lines "the Wesker children, given birth by the Progenitor Virus were entrusted with endless potential. Of them, only one survived. You." "you" being Albert Wesker. Remember the Progenitor Virus was the original virus developed by Spencer, Edward Ashford and Dr. James Marcus.

In RE5 Spencer states something along the lines "the Wesker children, given birth by the Progenitor Virus were entrusted with endless potential. Of them, only one survived. You." "you" being Albert Wesker.

Hmmmm, could have been a watered down modified version of the Progenitor I suppose....This is interesting about Alex Wesker, the originator of the Wesker Program; I don't remember this from RE5

Alex was given charge by lord Ozwell E. Spencer to take lead with the creation of a superior breed of Humans. The project involved the abduction of a number of children thought to be of "superior" DNA. The children would then be given the surname: Wesker, in his honor. Alex made a report on Project W on August 28, 1998, which states that when before Albert Wesker faked his death the project was at a 93% rate of sucess, but after the news of his death the project went down to 18%. In Spencer's view, Alex was also one of his "loyal" remaining children that he had at his side although he was actually the director of the project and not a test subject. The brightest of them all, in Spencer's view and words,"so adept at absorbing the talents of others simply by observing them." He was conducting experiments at the South Seas in a island for Spencer. He was researching and studying a virus for Spencer in order to find the secret to immortality for him. Out of all odds Alex accomplished this feat, but betrayed his master by disappearing and taking his results with him.

Either way, the virus given to Wesker by Brikin was not Progenitor since Wesker allready had it in him. I suppose it could have been G and because Wesker all ready had Progenitor, G could have had a different affect than it would on William but that doesn't explain how William would have known to go into a state of "temporary death" since even Wesker didn't know he was a product of Progenitor at the time. Plus it never speciffically says the virus givin to him by William was G. Like I said I allways assumed it was some experimental thing William was working on as a side poject.

True, I guess we'll never know, but I don't think its terribly important....just that Wesker gave himself a virus that allowed him to live after Tyrant and gave him superpowers.

Here's a question,
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know that might be streching it but hey, it could happen, maybe. Another thing I really want to know is, what happened to Sherry? She was infected with G (can't remember if she was cured) and at the end of the original Wesker Report, Wesker stated he had her in his custody (though I belive there was an updated version of the WR that completely left that part out).

Last edited:
Here's a question,
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know that might be streching it but hey, it could happen, maybe. Another thing I really want to know is, what happened to Sherry? She was infected with G (can't remember if she was cured) and at the end of the original Wesker Report, Wesker stated he had her in his custody (though I belive there was an updated version of the WR that completely left that part out).

Personally I don't think so only because they are supposedly changing around gameplay and taking the story in a different direction with the next Resident Evil that I could see them letting sleeping horses lie. Wesker had a full circle story that I think he is done.

Back