Resident Evil: The Complete Series Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh...RE4 was great in a different way. A lot of the gameplay changes are great, but I still hate how they took the "zombies" out of it. RE5 was fun, but as mentioned, way too short. It didn't suck, but I doubt I'll ever replay it just for fun like I used to for the old RE games.

Call me a newb but the first RE game I played was 2 when it came out. I remember renting it and saying "AWESOME!!!" then ran out and bought it along with the first one for the PS1.

YUP same here, RE5 is too short for me. Golden edition would be the better choice. Desperate Escape is awesome!

See, for me, as far as the story goes, the virus' created were about turning people into usable, manageable and eventually saleable BOWs. The zombies in that sense were a failure.

RE1-3 make sense because they occur during that outbreak. While RE4 is almost a side story, the plaga introduced in that allow the story to evolve and move on as in RE5. I never got the impression that umbrella (and its other manifestations) really wanted to go back to making zombies, cause as reliable BOWs, they kinda sucked.

See, for me, as far as the story goes, the virus' created were about turning people into usable, manageable and eventually saleable BOWs. The zombies in that sense were a failure.

RE1-3 make sense because they occur during that outbreak. While RE4 is almost a side story, the plaga introduced in that allow the story to evolve and move on as in RE5. I never got the impression that umbrella (and its other manifestations) really wanted to go back to making zombies, cause as reliable BOWs, they kinda sucked.

This :lecture The zombies were just experiments. The real BOWs were the Lickers, Hunters, Tyrants etc. As great as the zombies are, with various corperations experimenting with new virus' you'd have to suspect they'd become more advanced.

I think you can also view them as an undesired, but not entirely unwelcome side effect.

Sure the real objective may have been the lickers, more advanced thinking creatures, etc, but turning a city against itself via zombie outbreak gives those more advanced monsters more room to operate.

From a tactial standpoint, your create chaos, then send in special forces to target specific individuals.

OK, I just finished RE1 again with Chris this time. Wow! I was impressed just how different they made the story. I was expecting it to be the same just with Chris instead of Jill. But no! I mean Rebecca wasn't even in Jill's story. And Barry wasn't even in Chris' version. And Wesker died instead of getting away. A stupid flamethrower instead of the bazooka and fewer spaces (what a pain!).

So I have to say I liked playing as Jill better, but I think Chris ended up knowing more about what happened that Jill did.

So now on to RE2. With Claire first right?

So now on to RE2. With Claire first right?

yeah. and for future reference, when you beat it as Claire that first time, save the game when it prompts you too at the end. when you go to play Leon make sure to load the file that says something along the lines of "Leon B". It completely fills in the story.

you can do this vice versa starting with Leon as well.

For example
Claire Scenario A
Leon Scenario B

or

Leon Scenario A
Claire Scenario B

both these paths yield different story elements. its really cool.

Claire A and Leon B is generally agreed to be the canon path.

Yea you definitely want to make sure yuh play both the A and B games. I believe if you start with Claire you should take the shotgun in the STARS office but later in the game leave the side back for Leon. I think that is the correct strategy but someone can correct me. Since Leon gets the shotty if you start with him you are suppose to leave the extra shotgun for Claire. Then I believe Claire takes the machine gun later but you should leave the side pack for Leon.

yeah. and for future reference, when you beat it as Claire that first time, save the game when it prompts you too at the end. when you go to play Leon make sure to load the file that says something along the lines of "Leon B". It completely fills in the story.

you can do this vice versa starting with Leon as well.

For example
Claire Scenario A
Leon Scenario B

or

Leon Scenario A
Claire Scenario B

both these paths yield different story elements. its really cool.

Claire A and Leon B is generally agreed to be the canon path.

Man I love the good old days of spending an entire weekend playing through a Resident Evil game with my buddies. We'd rent one, and grab some pizza and just chill while killing some zombies.
Ahhhh....the days when we had no bills, no worries, and still lived with our parents.

Man I love the good old days of spending an entire weekend playing through a Resident Evil game with my buddies. We'd rent one, and grab some pizza and just chill while killing some zombies.
Ahhhh....the days when we had no bills, no worries, and still lived with our parents.

Hell yes! If only we could turn back time.

Sorta related, Chris Redfield is going to be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUWKuVJYnIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUWKuVJYnIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

https://gamerant.com/marvel-capcom-3-teaser-trailer-rory-18068/

That's funny, because I remember it the same way. I even use to bring my psone with me on vacation and play the shat out of Res 2. I loved Symphony of the night and Alundra too.

Sorta related, Chris Redfield is going to be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUWKuVJYnIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUWKuVJYnIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

https://gamerant.com/marvel-capcom-3-teaser-trailer-rory-18068/

Cool! I hope they throw Wesker in there too. RE deserves a little more representation than just Chris (and likely Jill again).

Well obviously he lived, but I think the real story is something inbetween Chris and Jill's stories.

Supposedly the canon is Chris in the lab, so Wesker did end up impaled. Though obviously both stories have different canon elements, as Barry and Rebbecca are both confirmed as surviving.

Supposedly the canon is Chris in the lab, so Wesker did end up impaled. Though obviously both stories have different canon elements, as Barry and Rebbecca are both confirmed as surviving.

Before he gets impaled, he injects himself with the G-Virus which allows him to live. I don't remember where he says it (I think it was in Wesker's Journal) that a person could control the mutation of that virus with strong will and awareness (something I guess Birkin didn't have)

Before he gets impaled, he injects himself with the G-Virus which allows him to live. I don't remember where he says it (I think it was in Wesker's Journal) that a person could control the mutation of that virus with strong will and awareness (something I guess Birkin didn't have)

Yea if you read the book I remember it something along these lines.

Back