Media Resident Evil Revelations 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final fantasy 7 , zelda ocarina of time, portal 2 ,MGS 1 elder scrolls skyrim Resident evil 2 ,mass effect 2 golden eye 007, castlevania symphony of the night chrono trigger super Mario world ,half life 2 and RdR need I say more ?

But krec, you can't just list a number of random games :lol. If you're comparing something, it has to be judged with specific criteria that's shared in common with all of the games that you're comparing. In terms of emotional impact (which I'd say, qualifies as one of those criteria), all that FF VII had going for it was Aeris's death. And aside from MGS 1, the rest of the games that you've mentioned have cardboard characters with very little development.

I'm in the process of getting the ps4 I'll be playing the last of us soon enough.

No doubt, it'll be the best version yet with 60 fps frame-rate.

But krec, you can't just list a number of random games :lol. If you're comparing something, it has to be judged with specific criteria that's shared in common with all of the games that you're comparing. In terms of emotional impact (which I'd say, qualifies as one of those criteria), all that FF VII had going for it was Aeris's death. And aside from MGS 1, the rest of the games that you've mentioned have cardboard characters with very little development.

No doubt, it'll be the best version yet with 60 fps frame-rate.

Everyone of those games has emotional ties to me so I named them there not just random games some of best there are mass effect alone has a lot of emotional impact it's your character.

Everyone of those games has emotional ties to me so I named them there not just random games some of best there are mass effect alone has a lot of emotional impact it's your character.

Isn't that just nostalgia? :lol I grew up playing Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time, FF, and many others. These are games that are very dear to me. But, they just don't touch on the same level of immersion and pure emotional grit like TLOU did. I'd even have to admit, that MGS 1 doesn't even come close. Ellie and Joel have a sort of unique relationship, and they way that they develop and bond with each other is something that I haven't witnessed before in any video game. The entire storyline is really just about them, and the world with the infected and the hunters serves merely as a backdrop to explore the trials and tribulations of their relationship with each other.

The game gives enormous respect to its characters, and Joel isn't just some generic, gun-tootin' action dude that has to kill monsters and protect some random girl. Joel and Ellie are actually characters that are very "human", and you get to experience their pains and the emotional toll of their journey right there with them. For that alone, I'd say that TLOU is a very unique type of experience.

Last edited:
Mass Effect saga as FAR more character development than TLOU :lecture IMHO

... more character development than pretty much any game of last gen

Greatest emotional impact ≠ greatest video game

:exactly:

MGS3 had a great emotional impact for me, but its not the greatest game I've ever played

Isn't that just nostalgia? :lol I grew up playing Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time, FF, and many others. These are games that are very dear to me. But, they just don't touch on the same level of immersion and pure emotional grit like TLOU did. I'd even have to admit, that MGS 1 doesn't even come close.

I'd say that for me no game ever will be as good as the PS1 games I've played, because back then those games had an impact on me, if the games today can't have the same impact on me then naturally I won't like them as much and I won't remember them for so long

To me... IMHO, any MGS has more emotional impact than TLOU the story of that game is very cheesy

On the other hand MGS2 is the only game that tried to make us change our priorities, and to make us to put the controller down and find something bigger than ourselves in life, that is ****ing original even if it didn't work :lol

Last edited:
Isn't that just nostalgia? :lol I grew up playing Chrono Trigger, Ocarina of Time, FF, and many others. These are games that are very dear to me. But, they just don't touch on the same level of immersion and pure emotional grit like TLOU did. I'd even have to admit, that MGS 1 doesn't even come close.

It might be maybe not .

The game gives enormous respect to its characters, and Joel isn't just some generic, gun-tootin' action dude that has to kill monsters and protect some random girl. Joel and Ellie are actually characters that are very "human", and you get to experience their pains and the emotional toll of their journey right there with them. For that alone, I'd say that TLOU is a very unique type of experience.

I'd say that TLOU takes a lot of things that have been done in the past... but the game is well done, its one of the best games out there I can totally see why people love it so blindly. Honestly the only thing I don't like is that, in my opinion, there was nothing that felt trully original.

I'd still give this game a 8.9/10 maybe a 9/10 but I just don't like it THAT much... its because I'm becoming way too selective with games if I played TLOU 3 years ago I'd be all over it

Anyway don't listen to me... I love MGS2 and most people don't, I don't love TLOU and most people do. I'm a rare species :lol

Last edited:
Mass Effect saga as FAR more character development than TLOU :lecture IMHO

... more character development than pretty much any game of last gen

:exactly:

MGS3 had a great emotional impact for me, but its not the greatest game I've ever played

I'd say that for me no game ever will be as good as the PS1 games I've played, because back then those games had an impact on me, if the games today can't have the same impact on me then naturally I won't like them as much and I won't remember them for so long

To me... IMHO, any MGS has more emotional impact than TLOU the story of that game is very cheesy

On the other hand MGS2 is the only game that tried to make us change our priorities, and to make us to put the controller down and find something bigger than ourselves in life, that is ****ing original even if it didn't work :lol

I'd say that TLOU takes a lot of things that have been done in the past... but the game is well done, its one of the best games out there I can totally see why people love it so blindly. Honestly the only thing I don't like is that, in my opinion, there was nothing that felt trully original.

I'd still give this game a 8.9/10 maybe a 9/10 but I just don't like it THAT much... its because I'm becoming way too selective with games if I played TLOU 3 years ago I'd be all over it

Anyway don't listen to me... I love MGS2 I'm a rare species :lol

If the story of TLOU is cheesy, then what the heck is MGS? :lol There's too much corn in the series to shake a stick at. I remember at the beginning of MGS 3, when Big Boss asked The Boss, "What about how to think like a soldier?". Now is that an appropriate or realistic question from someone who has spent years in the Green Berets? The Boss then had to explain Basic Training 101 for ten minutes because stupid Naked Snake forgot that he was a soldier, as soon as he landed on the ground.

I admit that I cried a bit at MGS 3's torture scene, and the ending with Eva's debriefing was very powerful. But, still, we're talking about a few specific scenes from MGS 3, versus an entire storyline from TLOU that was primarily focused on the "human" nature of it's characters.

I can't argue with you that TLOU lacked originality in its storyline. But, the execution of the story, was something that was very unique for me.

The MGS's set the standard for emotional impact, but TLOU raised the bar far above anything Kojima has done... and gaming in general. TLOU has a simplistic story, but what did people really want? It was never about the fungus or the apocalypse, it was ALL about a father's love for his daughter and what he would do to protect her.

The MGS's set the standard for emotional impact, but TLOU raised the bar far above anything Kojima has done... and gaming in general. TLOU has a simplistic story, but what did people really want? It was never about the fungus or the apocalypse, it was ALL about a father's love for his daughter and what he would do to protect her.

I've seen that kind of stories since I was old enough to see movies and understand them thats why it didn't impact me that much :dunno

I don't even know if MGS set the standard, to be honest :lol. FF VIII had a lot going for it, and even FF VII with Aeris' death.

I don't even know if MGS set the standard, to be honest :lol. FF VIII had a lot going for it, and even FF VII with Aeris' death.

Well in terms of compelling acting, it changed the industry. MGS1 is still in the top VA games there ever was.

And it's AeriTH :nono :lol

If the story of TLOU is cheesy, then what the heck is MGS? :lol There's too much corn in the series to shake a stick at. I remember at the beginning of MGS 3, when Big Boss asked The Boss, "What about how to think like a soldier?". Now is that an appropriate or realistic question from someone who has spent years in the Green Berets? The Boss then had to explain Basic Training 101 for ten minutes because stupid Naked Snake forgot that he was a soldier, as soon as he landed on the ground.

I admit that I cried a bit at MGS 3's torture scene, and the ending with Eva's debriefing was very powerful. But, still, we're talking about a few specific scenes from MGS 3, versus an entire storyline from TLOU that was primarily focused on the "human" nature of it's characters.

I can't argue with you that TLOU lacked originality in its storyline. But, the execution of the story, was something that was very unique for me.

I knew I had to shup up I don't feel like writing now :lol

Anyway, lets see, yeah... I totally see your point :lol you could even argue that MGS had NOTHING original aswell. Its always like that, when you think something is super original there is always someone out that that may find it unoriginal or even a little cheesy. I don't feel like explaining why I love MGS so much I would write a lot and people would think I'm a ronri copycat :lol

We can agree that both MGS and TLOU are great games and its rare to see a game become such a big deal

I knew I had to shup up I don't feel like writing now :lol

Anyway, lets see, yeah... I totally see your point :lol you could even argue that MGS had NOTHING original aswell. Its always like that, when you think something is super original there is always someone out that that may find it unoriginal or even a little cheesy. I don't feel like explaining why I love MGS so much I would write a lot and people would think I'm a ronri copycat :lol

We can agree that both MGS and TLOU are great games and its rare to see a game become such a big deal

MGS wouldn't exist if Kojima didn't rob everything from the Escape films, Rambo films, Universal Soldier and 1984 :lol

Ada's death in Leon's scenario A was emotinal as **** I cried like a baby

Glee1.gif

I also cried for Dylan's death in Dino Crisis 2...

robin_crying_gif_by_namgis-d5zpvrb.gif

Damn even if I think about Dylan now it brings a lot of feelings and makes me truly sad, not kidding my eyes are a little watery now... that game ruined me

Last edited:
Well in terms of compelling acting, it changed the industry. MGS1 is still in the top VA games there ever was.

And it's AeriTH :nono :lol

Well, MGS 1 is the forefather of cinematic video games, but I won't say it was the most effective game for delivering something with emotional impact. I mean, in the end, we have to look at MGS 1 for what it is - as a blatant rip off of the storyline from "Twins" with Arnold and Devito :lol. It's still my favorite game in the series, though.

And as for FF, I remember having this argument with a friend in grade 7. I'll call her Aeris if I want to, mmmkay! :pow

Oh crap... you got the bad ending ? :lol

The first time I've ever played it yeah, I know Ocelot said he would kill her if you submitted but I didn't think it would actually happen. I quickly started a new game to rectify it :lol

Even when I play it nowadays, I can't submit to it... it still leaves me with a bad feeling if she dies :rotfl

"Aerith" sounds like something you'd say if you have a speech impediment.

It's supposed to be related to EarTH, but Aeris sounds better.

Back