Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

Normal honestly seems more difficult to me than it did on normal on the GC. Chris was going into caution much much easier than on GC.

Normal honestly seems more difficult to me than it did on normal on the GC. Chris was going into caution much much easier than on GC.

On the contrary, Jill is much easier for me (so far) than on the GC. I'm in the caves and I have more than 23 ink ribbons, 35-40 health items and 117 handgun bullets left, I have no idea why, cuz I'm not the type who gets wiser with age. :lol

I'd also think I'd skip the cropped ratio on my 2nd playtrough onwards, it's a bit too zoomed in and every once in awhile I'd run straight into zombies because the perspective can get a bit cramped.

The mansion itself is the greatest boss I've ever faced in the past few years of gaming. My lord.

Yeah I still can't believe you never got to play it. Loving it I'm guessing? I'm going to do a speed run tonight to try and get the Rocket Launcher. I already got the unlimited Samurai Edge, so it should make things easier.

lovin_it.gif

I haven't gotten that far in, but this game is true survival horror. It's immensely better than the garbage that was RE 5 and 6.

If you hear those Crimson heads on surround sound.. omg.

I couldn't tell you if Crimson Heads do that though, never encountered it. One thing funny I remember from the GC version. The room to the east wing on the first floor, there you go through the curtains next to the statue with the map, where you need to push the dresser out of the way? You get attacked by a zombie back there after you get the dagger, if you stab it with it and it "dies", when you come back later it will be a crimson head and if you didn't push the dresser out of the way... it will be stuck back there forever running in place :rotfl

I didn't kill the dresser zombie, but he's locked behind there :lol. I thought it was so pointless running through that section, and getting the survival knife, but you're forced to use it on him.

The mansion itself is the greatest boss I've ever faced in the past few years of gaming. My lord.

Hahaha. Exactly. The mansion itself kicks your ass. I'd be completely lost without a guide. One of the hardest games to complete for sure.

I know the Spencer Mansion like the back of my hand. Wish I could explore it IRL sans zombies/monsters/viruses.

Yeah, after so many years of the PS1/GC version... I could do it blindfolded.

I've been out of practice with RE for sometime, so I don't remember it :lol also gonna have to register on RE.net at some point. I bought REmake with the 10% discount on PSN, have it downloading! Can't wait to play.

I do need RE3 at some point, I really do. Besides 0, it is the only classic RE I Have not beaten, while 0 is the only one I haven't actually played.

Same here, need to play 0. I also forgot the mansion's layout and with a 3 year old boy it's hard to get in the groove to remember it. This is gonna take me a while.

I'm going to start my Normal speed run in a few, wish me luck. I printed out a guide for time efficiency, since you can outright skip rooms altogether.

For anyone trying for the special weapons, use this. It's extremely efficient at cutting a lot of time off your playthrough. I just completed basically the entire beginning Mansion section by getting all four death masks in 33 minutes... I timed myself :lol I just need to go kill the Crimson Head Elder.

The main thing that makes this ideal for under three hours is, you kill all the supporting characters and you skip entire sections of exploration. Killing all the characters means no Tyrant fight on the Helipad.

GameFAQs: Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS3) Jill Speed Run Walkthrough by fastkarate

For anyone trying for the special weapons, use this. It's extremely efficient at cutting a lot of time off your playthrough. I just completed basically the entire beginning Mansion section by getting all four death masks in 33 minutes... I timed myself :lol I just need to go kill the Crimson Head Elder.

The main thing that makes this ideal for under three hours is, you kill all the supporting characters and you skip entire sections of exploration. Killing all the characters means no Tyrant fight on the Helipad.

GameFAQs: Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS3) Jill Speed Run Walkthrough by fastkarate

Good to hear that link is a good one since I don't have to try to memorize routes people use on youtube. I hope to get it by the 2nd or 3rd try since I haven't attempted this for a long time.

Good to hear that link is a good one since I don't have to try to memorize routes people use on youtube. I hope to get it by the 2nd or 3rd try since I haven't attempted this for a long time.

I recommend reading the beginning section prior to the playthrough, since you don't want to stop in mid-playthrough for long periods of time since there is no way to stop the clock.

Back