Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

Actual survival horror Resident Evil or horror RE would be great. RE6 is deceptive - it looks like it is due to Leon, but it isn't. RE5 you can tell isn't horror, since you're in the bright sun a lot. Still don't get how RE5 got great reviews praising the horror element :dunno:

The reason why RE5 got good reviews is becuase people were still riding the hype train that was re4 so everyone thought resident evil could do know wrong after four's innovative success but people took a huge step back and saw re5 was actually a bad game that felt more MGS than RE.

Hey folks, I've only recently just gotten back into the gaming world, & was just wondering how close this new version is to the original PS1 game?

I know it's based on the 2002 'Gamecube' version - but I'm not familiar with that version at all. One of my all time fave PS1 games was the original Resident Evil - & I see this version will be available on PS3 (I just bought one), so if someone can please shed some light on my query, it'd be much appreciated. :duff

Hey folks, I've only recently just gotten back into the gaming world, & was just wondering how close this new version is to the original PS1 game?

I know it's based on the 2002 'Gamecube' version - but I'm not familiar with that version at all. One of my all time fave PS1 games was the original Resident Evil - & I see this version will be available on PS3 (I just bought one), so if someone can please shed some light on my query, it'd be much appreciated. :duff

Zombies become reanimated into faster stronger zombies if you don't burn the bodies after you kill them.

Zombies can follow you into other rooms.

Entire new sections of the mansion and even a brand new forest area outside the Mansion.

All the same weapons, plus you get defensive items that allow you to get out of grappling animations of zombies.

I think there is 8 or so endings you can get.

All around, it's FAR superior to the PS1 version in every conceivable way. If you've played the original, you'll notice everything that carried over into the REmake, although some of the puzzles are different.

Cheers SP! :hi5:

Wow - sounds HUGE, & very fun. I remember vaguely being able to walk outside the mansion front doors in the original game, but aside from maybe some dogs ravaging you or something, I don't think you could do much else. The exploration part of the game was excellent - as well as everything else of course, but working out the puzzles & linking items to actions / other rooms etc was great.

The shooting aspect of the game was excellent too, the horror elements were spot on - the whole game was nearly perfect form start to finish. This new one sounds like it could be pretty addictive..

I started, but never finished RE2 - that was shaping up to be an instant classic as well, & I've been meaning to get a hold of it again. Man - if they made that for PS3, I'd be very happy.

Wow - sounds HUGE, & very fun. I remember vaguely being able to walk outside the mansion front doors in the original game, but aside from maybe some dogs ravaging you or something, I don't think you could do much else. The exploration part of the game was excellent - as well as everything else of course, but working out the puzzles & linking items to actions / other rooms etc was great.

The shooting aspect of the game was excellent too, the horror elements were spot on - the whole game was nearly perfect form start to finish. This new one sounds like it could be pretty addictive..

I never finished RE2 - that was shaping up to be an instant classic as well, & I've been meaning to get as hold of it again. Man - if they made that for PS3, I'd be very happy.

I think it's very debatable what is the best RE to date, I'd say overall it's RE2... but REmake could definitely be it as well, comes down to personal preference really. REmake is without a doubt in my mind, the best video game remake ever done.

Also the music in REmake is the same music from the original, but done so much better and gives the Mansion such a creepy ****ing atmosphere.

Yes! The music was wonderfully frightening, this new one sounds awesome man. :)

It's funny - I didn't finish RE2, but I did finish RE3 'Nemesis'.. didn't like the ending. I actually don't remember much about 3.

I checked out that link to the Asian website that's offering an early release - has a general release been date mentioned yet?

I believe it's only been said early 2015 and nothing concrete yet. RE2 is one of those few sequel games that I personally believe, beats the original out completely. But REmake on the other hand, definitely raised the bar. I can't quite pick one over the other since RE2 is timeless, aside from the graphics obviously.

I like RE3, it was different enough from RE2 to be it's own thing and I like that it almost intersects with RE2 story at the police station. A RE2 remake has been begged and begged for by fans for over a decade now since the REmake originally came out in 2002. And I actually started playing the REmake again recently prior to this announcement, and even today I think the game is still pretty to look at and it's got 12 years on it.

I played the original Resident Evil to death back in the day and it's one of my all time favorite games, I bought the REmake on the Gamecube years later and blown away by how superior it was. The game looks prettier, is more scarier, the gameplay is more intense and while still being a remake, about 70% of the game's content is brand new. This is THE pinnacle of videogame remakes.

The bottom line is if you love the first RE, you'll NEED this game, it should be a day one purchase for you. :)

I started, but never finished RE2 - that was shaping up to be an instant classic as well, & I've been meaning to get a hold of it again. Man - if they made that for PS3, I'd be very happy.

There's also a new sidestory that was somewhat meant to be in the original PS1 RE as well involving George Trevor, the architect who built the mansion. Lisa Trevor in the REmake is that new sidestory and she sets the precedent for the G-Virus in RE2. RE2 is available for download on the PS3 if you can stomach the 32-bit graphics.

I believe it's only been said early 2015 and nothing concrete yet. RE2 is one of those few sequel games that I personally believe, beats the original out completely. But REmake on the other hand, definitely raised the bar. I can't quite pick one over the other since RE2 is timeless, aside from the graphics obviously.

I like RE3, it was different enough from RE2 to be it's own thing and I like that it almost intersects with RE2 story at the police station. A RE2 remake has been begged and begged for by fans for over a decade now since the REmake originally came out in 2002. And I actually started playing the REmake again recently prior to this announcement, and even today I think the game is still pretty to look at and it's got 12 years on it.

:rock I'm in the same boat as you man. I originally had the first Resident Evil on the Sega Saturn, but never finished it for some reason. But, a good friend of mine that I worked with got RE2 for the playstation and just wouldn't stop talking about it. So I went over to his house on a day we both were off. We spent a good 6 hours playing that game. I was hooked from that point. I went out and bought both for the PS1 from Gamestop and haven't looked back.

I played the original Resident Evil to death back in the day and it's one of my all time favorite games, I bought the REmake on the Gamecube years later and blown away by how superior it was. The game looks prettier, is more scarier, the gameplay is more intense and while still being a remake, about 70% of the game's content is brand new. This is THE pinnacle of videogame remakes.

The bottom line is if you love the first RE, you'll NEED this game, it should be a day one purchase for you. :)
Thanks RP - it's now on my short list! :rock

It's been years since I paid attention to the gaming world, & over the past year or two, I've been watching a couple of review shows on TV, & just taking in bits of info here & there to catch up on stuff that interests me. So much has happened with gaming in the last 15 years, it's unbelievable.

There's also a new sidestory that was somewhat meant to be in the original PS1 RE as well involving George Trevor, the architect who built the mansion. Lisa Trevor in the REmake is that new sidestory and she sets the precedent for the G-Virus in RE2. RE2 is available for download on the PS3 if you can stomach the 32-bit graphics.
Cheers for the heads up man! :)

Is that the PS1 version that you can download? I'm guessing so..

Actually, I want to buy the original PS1 hard copy release when I can find it. There's a local gaming shop that carries a lot of PS1 stuff, & I keep an eye on what they have from time to time.

Beautiful! It would actually kind of be cool if they added an option where you could go into 3rd person mode, but if they don't that's okay with me, cause' either way, we're getting a remake that the gamers deserve, unlike cash grabs like Tomb Raider Remastered or Metro Last Light Remastered. I also like how they are going to eliminate tank controls, but still have an option for them for those hardcore fans of the series. Looking great and hopefully, after this game (if it does successful) then we may finally get the Resident Evil games that fans deserve, like actual horror instead of action.

I hope so, after this Outbreak HD would be a dream come true :pray: won't happen though :lol I'm one of the few who loved that game I'd buy a PS2 just for Outbreak 1

Last edited:

There are a lot of people complaining about the remaster but I think it looks amazing...

Its a little ironic that they have no plans to put the HD version on the WiiU :lol

What's that?

tumblr_inline_nakwml4Naf1qbxejp.gif

I know the ps3 Hk version will have a disc any news that the ps4 Hk version.

Back