Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unpopular opinion but I just never liked the fixed camera and tank controls in resident evil. I just don't see how that can work today. I mean I just never got into it. That's just me tho. Hate the controls on the resi and Dino crisis games .

Well they are from a time of thinking to where you conform to the game instead of it to the audience. Tank controls were a ***** to learn the first few hours but it worked in adding difficulty and tension. Now later they did do freestyle joystick options which I think is a great option as a compromise.

To me the fixed camera is THE greatest thing about these games, Devil May Cry, and God of War. I really don't get why game developers can't seem to sniff that out. It makes them play like 2D games in 3D. So much less development especially nowadays. And yes I meant "engine" as in style earlier.

Spoiler Spoiler:

RE7 might good as a game but this just isn't Resident Evil enough.
If REmake 2 is FPS or isn't a carbon copy REmake 1 & 0 then burn it and Capcom can just let RE die as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Surprised how poorly RE7 seems to be received over here. All the fan specific sites/forums/Reddit seem to be responding pretty well to it. I personally absolutely loved it. Found it to be very true to RE outside of the perspective (which in itself is only a minor change from the 3rd person of 4-6). Everything else felt like a riff of something from the classic games. I know some were turned off by the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" vibe from all the preview materials but for me it felt like a fake out and gave way pretty quickly to a traditional series feel.
Hope the 2 remake gives you guys what you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Surprised how poorly RE7 seems to be received over here. All the fan specific sites/forums/Reddit seem to be responding pretty well to it. I personally absolutely loved it. Found it to be very true to RE outside of the perspective (which in itself is only a minor change from the 3rd person of 4-6). Everything else felt like a riff of something from the classic games. I know some were turned off by the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" vibe from all the preview materials but for me it felt like a fake out and gave way pretty quickly to a traditional series feel.

People see it as an Outlast/P.T clone and Capcom just cashed in on the youtuber jump scare reaction video craze I dont think they are actually wrong.

Unpopular opinion but I just never liked the fixed camera and tank controls in resident evil. I just don't see how that can work today. I mean I just never got into it. That's just me tho. Hate the controls on the resi and Dino crisis games .

People see it as an Outlast/P.T clone and Capcom just cashed in on the youtuber jump scare reaction video craze I dont think they are actually wrong.

And that's the funny part. It's not at all a clone of those, despite initial appearances. You can count the number of moments you have to rely on the 'hide and hope they don't see you' moments on the fingers of one hand, and I think there are only one or two jumpscares in the entire game. All the horror comes from the atmosphere and the tenseness of trying to deal with the enemies while not running out of ammo.

And then there are all the typical RE staples! Even the weirdass puzzles are there, and actually explained in the story. Not to mention

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really, it's the most true RE game we've had in ages, just in first person. :lol Don't let the similarities to every indie horror game ever fool you.

Awwwww don't be like that snake .

6SZuxP6.gif

tumblr_inline_nrnekwT7NE1srwt8s_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's the funny part. It's not at all a clone of those, despite initial appearances. You can count the number of moments you have to rely on the 'hide and hope they don't see you' moments on the fingers of one hand, and I think there are only one or two jumpscares in the entire game. All the horror comes from the atmosphere and the tenseness of trying to deal with the enemies while not running out of ammo.

And then there are all the typical RE staples! Even the weirdass puzzles are there, and actually explained in the story. Not to mention

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really, it's the most true RE game we've had in ages, just in first person. :lol Don't let the similarities to every indie horror game ever fool you.

:goodpost:

At this point I don't even think we know what we really want out of the series any more. We want change but as soon as we get that, nooooo let's go back. :lol

A top down RTS card game directed by Kojima is the only way forward for the series. Anyone who doesn't agree will be thrown into a pit of snakes. :lecture

Yea. this thread is the only thread that kinda responded negativly to the game. Everybody else seems to be pleased with it. I'm just glad its not action anymore and more horror. It felt like a modern RE to me except for the those stupid molded. Guarantee if you replace those silly molded with zombies and dogs and lickers you'd get a perfect 10 game. O and also other monsters. You can keep the bakers. jack was a fun character. felt sorry for him at the end.

I have negatives about the game, and there's quite a list of them... but I don't lump it in with the RE6 terms of awfulness. Or even RE5.

True. It's the best part about it, and it's the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6 was eh. I hated the ground view angle when you'd run around in it.

Except this has no jump scares....Anyways, peace out dudes. See you all in Re8!

Thats the point! Youtubers are acting all jumpy and as if this has jump scares which puts action fans off and classic fans. After you leave the house, its incredibly simple to kill moulded and theres no jump-horror.

Its the perception. Even the RE7 hype and marketing played that angle.

Except this has no jump scares....Anyways, peace out dudes. See you all in Re8!
Jack smashing through walls, Molded falling through the ceiling, licker molded breaking through walls, Marguerite Repulsa bursting through a door. Theres way more but basically youd be explaining the entire game. " mimic " boxes for Dark Souls fans. .

One that got me good, got me reallll good was when i was on the bridge of the ship, just looking out the window at the wreckage. Took a sip of my tea, did a quick turn to turn around and carry on exploring but as i quick turned Eve was stood right in my face. Its a FNAF scare. Its not the kinda scares i want from RE but it did get me good.

Back