Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed RE6. I know its not a Resident Evil game but i loved the constant killing of Zombies in Leons campaign. The attitude Chris had in his campaign. The first time ive LIKED the character. Jake & Sherry are both awesome and i hope are future game charecters. Ada, shes a milf and her scenario reminded me of seperate ways.

The overall story of the game was pretty crap. But then, if you were asked to type out the story of all the other RE games in 3 sentences they would look pretty weak. RE has always relied on atmosphere to get you through the game as there was no " character ". Now in change of atmosphere we have "characters". In nowadays i feel we actually get to know the people we are playing as more and get more story. In the older games it was " us " who was living the survival horror in the skin of whatever character we chose. Now the characters are built into the game and we just need to progress through the levels for them.

I thought the story in Revelations was average, but it made more sense than Resident Evil 6's. I don't totally hate Resident Evil 6 like a lot of other gamers do, but the whole plot being disjointed through the 4 separate campaigns, not really know what's going on as you play and finish each part, and then finding out that much of the plot is driven by the fact that Simmons wanted to be Ada's boyfriend and she rejected him just didn't work for me story-wise.

Revelations actually has some decent plot twists, and at least the villains motives make sense. And yeah, separating the story into 4 different campaigns only weakened the narrative and diminished the character development. It's a neat idea but I hope the next one goes back to a single characters point of view. Or at least go back to the traditional two.

Revelations actually has some decent plot twists, and at least the villains motives make sense. And yeah, separating the story into 4 different campaigns only weakened the narrative and diminished the character development. It's a neat idea but I hope the next one goes back to a single characters point of view. Or at least go back to the traditional two.

:exactly::goodpost:

I also wish they had left the in-game files that you find as you progress in this game as well instead of making them available in the jukebox thingamajig after you beat the campaign. They may be old school, but I think they add dimension to the story.

I know. :lol wouldn't surprise if Capcom rushes it and we get this year.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

I also wish they had left the in-game files that you find as you progress in this game as well instead of making them available in the jukebox thingamajig after you beat the campaign. They may be old school, but I think they add dimension to the story.

Exactly. They're there to build up event in your mind as you progress. To build up backstory. So you're hoping what you just read about isn't waiting for you right around the corner.

Obviously when you're playing with a friend in co-op, it's not likely you're both going to stop to read it, but there's a very simple solution to that outside of what Capcom did in RE6...Don't stop and read it :duh

Exactly. They're there to build up event in your mind as you progress. To build up backstory. So you're hoping what you just read about isn't waiting for you right around the corner.

Obviously when you're playing with a friend in co-op, it's not likely you're both going to stop to read it, but there's a very simple solution to that outside of what Capcom did in RE6...Don't stop and read it :duh

I think Capcom should maybe try to drop-in/drop-out co-op thing in Resident Evil like EA did with Dead Space 3. With that method, they can offer the old tension of single player on your own and without a partner while leaving the option of playing with a friend there for players as well. That'd make me happy.

How about the save rooms with the type writers and item boxes?

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

I liked it better when they had the save rooms. As far as inventory, I preferred the attache case in RE4 the most out of the more action-oriented games in the series.

Yeah, I like the attache case, but I also liked the storage method they implemented with RE5. At the end of each level they had the big universal storage where you could swap out what you needed etc...

So a combination of the RE4 attache case and the RE5 storage would be ideal to me.

I think Capcom should maybe try to drop-in/drop-out co-op thing in Resident Evil like EA did with Dead Space 3. With that method, they can offer the old tension of single player on your own and without a partner while leaving the option of playing with a friend there for players as well. That'd make me happy.

I agree, though I'm interested how it will effect the story. How crucial to the story will the new Co-op partner be in DS3? If I play through without one, am I missing a key part of the narrative? Those are my only concerns.

Yeah, I like the attache case, but I also liked the storage method they implemented with RE5. At the end of each level they had the big universal storage where you could swap out what you needed etc...

So a combination of the RE4 attache case and the RE5 storage would be ideal to me.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

Back