Resident Evil 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jump from veteran to professional is a bit high, IMO. On veteran, you're like "^^^^^^ yeah! I am the resident evil 5 king!" As you lay waste to 5 enemies at once with a shotgun, but then on professional, it's like "Sheva, ^^^^^***g heal me! ffs. dead."

Yea, that's why I don't think I'm going to try Professional. I'm content with my 930 GS. Might try some of the Multiplayer ones though.

For pro, If you max out one of the magnums with unlimited ammo and give it to Sheva, man she is deadly and accurate with that thing. That helps alot!

Also when playing on Pro, when your at the part with the spinning platform, giving your partner a sniper rifle (preferably the Dragunov or PSG1) make life quite a bit easier as well and when you fight U8 (giant spider-like boss) give you partner an Ininite Rocket Launcher if you have one.

Question to you veterans...

Any hints on the Mercenaries mode? I'm trying to build up my points so I can buy unlimited ammo for my guns, but I suck at the Mercenaries mode! I got up once over 20k points but died. Because I can't get a decent score, I can't unlock any of the other stages so I'm stuck on level 1.

Any hints on the Mercenaries mode? I'm trying to build up my points so I can buy unlimited ammo for my guns, but I suck at the Mercenaries mode! I got up once over 20k points but died. Because I can't get a decent score, I can't unlock any of the other stages so I'm stuck on level 1.

If you have Xbox, you can message me (CONGERKING) if you need some help, I got everybody unlocked and can help out. Honestly, Public Assembly is probably the toughest one too :lol

I really sucked at Mercs when I started, but you really just have to practice and learn the layout of the levels, where the time bonuses are, and when to use the combo times. develop a pattern of getting to one time bonus to the next (or collect all of them as fast as you can) while making sure you try to build up as large and as many kill combos as you can. Try not to kill the stray enemies; try to lump them into groups while luring them close to barrels or grenading them so you can get big combos--it's dangerous, but you'll grow more confident as you practice.

Conserve ammo by shooting guys in the face/kneecaps and meleeing them, as that'll give you a +5 time bonus. I also find that BSAA Chris is the better character to start off with, as he has a shotgun. Things get progressively easier once you unlock more characters (Midnight Wesker and Tribal Sheva are great).

and KEEP MOVING. Don't stay in the same place waiting for guys to come to you. You'll just waste time that way.

You should be able to get 40k to get an A rank no problem. =)

The advice you guys gave was great! I checked some videos out on youtube as well to see what others were doing. I was able to pull out an A on Public Assembly with Chris. I was then able to pull out an A with the unlocked Jill on Public Assembly by utilizing her melees. The mines are tough because of those stupid bugs! I need more practice on that map for sure!

It's nowhere near as tough as the prison! haha. Chris BSAA makes it hard work on that map. You deffo need a magnum on those red majini executioners!

Just got SS on experimental facility and ruins with Chris BSAA though! that takes him up to 4 SS ranks.

Stars chris is awesome!

Last edited:
Still haven't touched Mercenaries... trying to get all the other achievements first before I go into Mercs and versus.

That "Lead Aspirin" acheievement was pretty tricky! Anyone know any easy tips on getting the "Drive By" achievement/trophy?

It's nowhere near as tough as the prison! haha. Chris BSAA makes it hard work on that map. You deffo need a magnum on those red majini executioners!

Just got SS on experimental facility and ruins with Chris BSAA though! that takes him up to 4 SS ranks.

Stars chris is awesome!

Anybody wants to play mercenaries (with an average player:lol) my PS3 ID is "rmp1098"

Yeah, the Red Executioners are ridiculous... >_<

Is the Experimental Facility the one with the lickers? I HATE the lickers so much simply because there are so many of them.

How many points do you need to get SS rank? 80K? I think the most I got was a little more than 70k with Midnight Wesker.

Still haven't touched Mercenaries... trying to get all the other achievements first before I go into Mercs and versus.

That "Lead Aspirin" acheievement was pretty tricky! Anyone know any easy tips on getting the "Drive By" achievement/trophy?

I remember getting it quite easily , I think its one of the last trucks that comes at you on the right of you and sheva. Just take out the driver before anyone in the back.

Stars chris is awesome!

Anybody wants to play mercenaries (with an average player:lol) my PS3 ID is "rmp1098"

I could definitely use the help. If you get a message from SwedishHeat, don't run away, it's just me. :D

Try as I might I just can't seem to get an A rank on anything. I'm playing with other people who are always using STARS Wesker, but they keep dying, and I'm like "How did you guys get so good that you unlock all the characters, but can't seem to stay alive??"

I could definitely use the help. If you get a message from SwedishHeat, don't run away, it's just me. :D

Try as I might I just can't seem to get an A rank on anything. I'm playing with other people who are always using STARS Wesker, but they keep dying, and I'm like "How did you guys get so good that you unlock all the characters, but can't seem to stay alive??"

If you want to cheap it up, use Tribal Sheva. She's a one-hit kill for all non-bosses and can kill things pretty fast. STARS Wesker can be quite the badass if you know how to use him. His shotgun is extremely gnarly, message me if you want some help, my name is a couple of posts down.

As for the prison, I got an S with Safari Chris, his rocket launcher gets the Red Executioners is one fell swoop. Haven't played the level since then, it's a giant pain in the ass

Count me in.

I have a problem i bought and installed the versus game mode and it doesnt appear in my Resident evil 5 menu.How can i fix this?

Back