Media Resident Evil 4 - 5 - 6 (PS4 / XBONE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My marathon of RE continues. Watched the CGI movie, De-generation with Kennedy and Claire....it was 'ok' lol.

Decided to play RE5, then Revelations 1, followed by the next movie, then RE6, and then, finally, Revelations 2. After that, a break. and then check out any of the other 'side' titles. Already have Survivor, and Outbreak 1, so those will be the next two most likely. Anyone disagree with that order, please let me know. Trying to get the max effect out of the story.

When RE5 started, and Chris had the flashback of Jill's grave, I quickly went online to make sure there wasn't some kind of side title that went into it prior to Re5's original release.

Played the first two or so levels of RE5, and gotta say, I am really enjoying it. Yes, it's very action packed. And very clearly designed with co-op as it's main mode of play, making it feel a tad tougher in the beginning. Personally, really feel that this game is a natural extension of what they did in RE4. And while the outside areas are not scary or creepy, some of the inside areas feel atmospheric. And so far, the monster designs - outside of the standard 'zombies' are pretty cool. Love seeing a variation of the Leech type creature from RE0, and that Butcher dude was pretty awesome.

Only annoying thing to me so far: Chris now looks like he added 85 lbs of muscle. I mean, its what, ten years since the events in RE1 for the characters? Still that is quite a transformation from RE1 and his appearance in Veronica X. Just how many steroids has he been taking?!@?

What I absolutely love: the files that unlock and how they are quite detailed. Very much enjoy reading all of that info
:)

Update:

Finished the game last night. Overall, very, very enjoyable. Coming off of RE4 immediately, then going into RE5, this game felt like a natural extension of the prior. Yes, it is very action oriented, and the level with the tomb is right out of Tomb Raider, but great conclusion to the Wesker storyline.

Enjoyed the mansion dlc as well - atmospheric and a nice throwback

Onto RE: Revelations on my 360@!

Last edited:
On a separate note, I am loving how light the ps3 non dualshock controller is - while no rumble is odd at first, this thing weighs nothing in the hands....pretty decent game thus far.

I did get this on the 360 but the wired controller I have - which I thought was a first party legit one - feels off..........ps3 version is pretty solid, control wise.

Update: finished RE: Revelations. It was 'ok.' did like the new characters, like Jackass though.

Started RE: 6 and the changes in controls - ie left stick to pick up items is a little annoying. Looks nice though

So far, I don't get the RE6 hate. Seems pretty solid, and clearly the best looking title done yet - and it's a rock solid 60 fps at least.

Last edited:
Well I've committed a grave sin as a RE fan... I got into sadomasochism and bought RE6. I haven't played RE7 for a week and have no motivation or care to bother with finishing madhouse. So yeah... If anyone wants to COOP :lol

Just finished RE6 for the first time. It was a decent co-op experience. Leon's campaign was the best by far. They obviously didn't put much effort into the tacked on co-op in Ada's campaign.

Sadly, Chris' campaign was my least favorite. Far too much of an action/shooter vibe, yet they hardly give you any ammo during the first few chapters. I could have just been unlucky I suppose. It had the weakest story in my opinion, as well. I REALLY disliked what they did with Chris' character.

I was already a non-Chris fan going into it, but Capcom's character choice on making him a blundering alcoholic/rageoholic made me dislike him further.

I only played a little bit of RE6 last night. I will say (at least for the Tall Oaks sections) there's interesting set pieces, more fun to be in than just about everything in RE5. I found all the Africa sections and especially the Temple of Doom areas really too drab and dull.

I can't tell if they're spruced up the graphics for it or it always looked this good.

I also can't believe I never noticed this... but Capcom turned Leon into Bond. Except this one only flirts and doesn't bang any broads :dunno

Last edited:
Well, he's a government agent. I don't really see any similarities to Bond beyond that. No luck with the ladies, no crazy gadgets, no suave demeanor, no Tuxedos.

I didn't say he was a Bond clone, but they tried to make him into a super agent working for the government which gave me that impression. One similarity I do see is that in RE6 he went back to the VP70 for whatever reason, which the interpreted model they went with reminds me of the P99 Bond used in the newer films.

Just finished RE6 for the first time. It was a decent co-op experience. Leon's campaign was the best by far. They obviously didn't put much effort into the tacked on co-op in Ada's campaign.

Sadly, Chris' campaign was my least favorite. Far too much of an action/shooter vibe, yet they hardly give you any ammo during the first few chapters. I could have just been unlucky I suppose. It had the weakest story in my opinion, as well. I REALLY disliked what they did with Chris' character.

I only played a little bit of RE6 last night. I will say (at least for the Tall Oaks sections) there's interesting set pieces, more fun to be in than just about everything in RE5. I found all the Africa sections and especially the Temple of Doom areas really too drab and dull.

I can't tell if they're spruced up the graphics for it or it always looked this good.

I also can't believe I never noticed this... but Capcom turned Leon into Bond. Except this one only flirts and doesn't bang any broads :dunno

I enjoyed RE6 much more than RE5. RE5's pacing kinda went downhill as soon as you enter the tombs. To it's credit, RE6 kept the pacing really fresh and fluid, and the less than stellar sections never overstay it's welcome.

Not that I'm saying RE6 is great or anything, mind you. :lol

On a side note, after 10 years sitting on my bookcase, I'm finally getting some progress on RE0. I never really bothered to finished the game as I didn't liked the partner swapping aspect but I think now it's not too bad. Also, am I supposed to kill those leech zombies that pops out from time to time?

I have RE 0 downloaded on Steam :lol. I'll get back into RE once I finish off the Silent Hill games.

I enjoyed RE6 much more than RE5. RE5's pacing kinda went downhill as soon as you enter the tombs. To it's credit, RE6 kept the pacing really fresh and fluid, and the less than stellar sections never overstay it's welcome.

Not that I'm saying RE6 is great or anything, mind you. :lol

It's odd, I'm actually starting to push RE5 as the worst of the newer generation trilogy since it's so incredibly dull. RE6 does have better pacing, but the problem is it's not grounded. Not to mention the most uninspired monster designs of the series. I'd say Verdugo is the best monster to make an appearance in recent memory.

On a side note, after 10 years sitting on my bookcase, I'm finally getting some progress on RE0. I never really bothered to finished the game as I didn't liked the partner swapping aspect but I think now it's not too bad. Also, am I supposed to kill those leech zombies that pops out from time to time?

Leech monsters should be avoided at all cost. Although there's one in the place under the Church that shows up that must be torched with the molotov since it's blocking a corridor.

I prefer RE 5 over RE 6. It thought it was a great co-op experience. I heard that it's terrible if you don't have a human player controlling your partner. RE 6 was far too focused on over the top action and had a ridiculous amount of repetition in it.

The set pieces in RE6 are more fun, but there's no "soul" to them. Very inconsequential. RE5 did it better, but I think it's hurt by how incredibly boring the majority of it is.

Capcom needs to lay off Temple of Doom nuances... like forever.

What made me happy about RE 7 was how atmospheric it was. It really brought the horror element back for me in a big way. I hope that Capcom can bridge the gap between the old games and RE 7 with the next release. I want to see more of the old characters and story brought back. I did like the first person view since it reminded me of the limited view you had in the older RE games. I was always worried there was something coming from behind me or standing around a corner that I couldn't see around.

The set pieces in RE6 are more fun, but there's no "soul" to them. Very inconsequential. RE5 did it better, but I think it's hurt by how incredibly boring the majority of it is.

Capcom needs to lay off Temple of Doom nuances... like forever.

They need to lay off temples and boats...seriously no more boats...

Haha, the boat segment in Jake's campaign was so lame. All of the quick time events made it out to be a very dramatic event and then the boat would just slowly turn away from oncoming obstacles.

More like nearly every qte made everything out to be overly dramatic despite being somewhat slow.

Back