Media Resident Evil 4 - 5 - 6 (PS4 / XBONE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some disagree, but RE4 is the last true solid game of the series in all aspects. It went action and that sucks of course, but I think it was done well that it didn't become like one of the films like how the other two sequels did. It has way more horror elements in it than anything after. It's got the typical 80s level action movie plot almost with Leon's cheesy one liners (which I love since he does them without a hint of sarcasm :lol)

It's atmospheric as hell, probably as much as REmake. It's also the longest RE I believe. You can knock RE5 in like half the time. Couldn't say about RE6 since it's multiple scenarios and I haven't played it in years and years.

Your right and that's what they didn't get. Re4 works cause it still makes you feel uncomfortable but it still fast paced fun. It's just a good game. Re5 didn't have a scary atmosphere which is sad since your in Africa and Africa can be very scary but nope. Re6 was only good from the college to the city and then it went to **** .

Your right and that's what they didn't get. Re4 works cause it still makes you feel uncomfortable but it still fast paced fun. It's just a good game. Re5 didn't have a scary atmosphere which is sad since your in Africa and Africa can be very scary but nope. Re6 was only good from the college to the city and then it went to **** .

Soon as you get to the Church grounds, it becomes dog ****.

RE5 is a fun game in it's essence. The reason it catches flack is because it pretty much abandons the survival horror element. But it IS fun. I'd say if you enjoy the Gears of War games, you'll enjoy RE5. Stay away from 6 though. It will make you question your love of the series :lol

Just do yourself a favor when playing RE5. Go into the options menu and turn off The Sheva reaction option. That way when she actually gets in the way of your bullets (and she will) it won't knock her ass over. And vice versa. I'd say this option is crucial to your enjoyment of the game :lol

I've heard complaints from people about how awful Sheva is. Then I tell them about that option and they have a completely different and more positive experience with the game :lol

They aren't bad games. They just aren't what we want from resident evil . If you name 5 and 6 something else they'd be entertaining games but the fact that these are resident evil games it just makes people's blood boil. It's just not what fans want from the franchise . I don't know if Capcom learned there lesson or not but we'll see in January.

RE5 is a fun game in it's essence. The reason it catches flack is because it pretty much abandons the survival horror element. But it IS fun. I'd say if you enjoy the Gears of War games, you'll enjoy RE5. Stay away from 6 though. It will make you question your love of the series :lol

Just do yourself a favor when playing RE5. Go into the options menu and turn off The Sheva reaction option. That way when she actually gets in the way of your bullets (and she will) it won't knock her ass over. And vice versa. I'd say this option is crucial to your enjoyment of the game :lol

I've heard complaints from people about how awful Sheva is. Then I tell them about that option and they have a completely different and more positive experience with the game :lol

Sheva pissed me off. She broke the glass were the lickers were being held at and I got surrounded. Not to mention she always shoot my ****ing back. She was still fine tho.

So, RE4 is the first appearance of Jack krauser, right? Game acts like I am supposed to know who this guy is.....?

If you play the game darkside chronicles you'll get it. Has better backstory.

So, RE4 is the first appearance of Jack krauser, right? Game acts like I am supposed to know who this guy is.....?

As Wez said, Darkside Chronicles does give more back story (but not much) It shows Leons and Krausers first (and last I think) mission together, but yes at the point of RE4's release it was the first time Krauser is introduced.

Yeah Krauser's introduction is pretty stilted since it's supposed to be some big reveal and it's his first appearance on screen. I like his character a lot though. I'd put him and as my 2nd favorite villain under Wesker. I kinda like Nikolai in a way too, since he's a villain that's still alive.

I feel like they tried a bit too hard with Krauser in RE4, at least for an impact. With that music (though it is great, like the rest of RE4's soundtrack) and the boss cutscenes, it's like you were supposed to feel some sort of emotional impact. But we just met him and he wasn't brought up before hand, unlike Salazar and Mendes who had build up, cutscenes and were great. Well, Salazar was great :lol

Krauser is better in Darkside Chronicles though, and is still a pretty good character. But his relationship with Leon wasn't that well done imo.

Well, finally beat RE4....28 hours lol. I swear there were more boss battles in this one game than Re1-3 combined.

Gonna take a night off before checking out the ADA add-ons..

Great game overall, if a tad long. Lots of designs in this one reminded me of: dead space, tomb raider........

Can't comment on Tomb Raider but the developers of Dead Space were huge fans of Re4, so yeah. But great to see another fan who doesn't blindly hate on RE4 :lol

Can't comment on Tomb Raider but the developers of Dead Space were huge fans of Re4, so yeah. But great to see another fan who doesn't blindly hate on RE4 :lol

Tomb Raider in the sense of all the browns, and some levels having an almost archaeological dig site type look. If anything RE4, is a pretty awesome game. Tank controls took a while, but i got passed it

I mastered Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube and PS2, but something seems off playing it again on the PS4. I don't know if it's pointing with one trigger and shooting with the other or something, but I'm having a tough time with it.

Back