Media Resident Evil 4 - 5 - 6 (PS4 / XBONE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_o3arugVC0j1to58pho1_400.gif

Shut up sexy bearded Ryu!

wait a sec...are these just gonna be ports from ps3 that are playable on ps4 or are they gonna get a higher res upgrade like the last of us?

Most likely just ports. I doubt they'll put much time or money into these. Maybe they'll fix Weskers disappearing head :lol

latest

Just ports, I think. Capcom wants more $ which RE4 always sells, no matter how many times they re-release it. Plus, they want to make up the loss of sales that RE6 was.

Maybe they'll pull a RECVX with RE5 and just retcon the **** out of Weskers involvment, making him NOT DIE! :cuss :pray:
I could jive with this. It would be a new Wesker mode - alternate reality where Wesker thrust punches Sheva, evil hands Jill, and pimp slaps Chris :lecture

They will be ports, more than likely of the PC version with a few settings turned down. It wont literally be the ps3 versions. There wont be any new game modes added. but the textures and framerate will be better. The assets, higher quality textures and 60fps already exist and have for years. Going from playing Re5 on ps3 to top specs on a PC is night and day. If they could pull this off with the ps4 tech i think people would be happy

Is there even a reason for this other than a Capcom cash grab. How about you spend your time making a decent RE game we all want Capcom.

Damn. If it's just ports, I'll pass then. I still have my PS3. Bummer, I was excited cause since we've getting lots of remastered games, I assumed at least 5 and 6 would be remastered.
I guess the fact that 6 is coming out in a month is a strong indication it's just a port. :gah:

Is there even a reason for this other than a Capcom cash grab. How about you spend your time making a decent RE game we all want Capcom.

Capcom still run events for Revelations 1 and 2, they are making Resident Evil the remake 2, 7 is in the works and they are gearing up to release umbrella corps. Thats 2 RE games actively getting new content and 3 new games coming.

Damn. If it's just ports, I'll pass then. I still have my PS3. Bummer, I was excited cause since we've getting lots of remastered games, I assumed at least 5 and 6 would be remastered.
I guess the fact that 6 is coming out in a month is a strong indication it's just a port. :gah:
Saying they are just ports and not remasters doesnt mean they are not the same jump in graphical quality. Remake, 0 and 4 were released on the optimal platform at the time which is why they had to make new assets and stuff to make it look nicer ergo " remaster ". 5 and 6 already have the great assets on hand but they couldnt implement them them on the tech of the last gen technology so they were nerfed. They dont need to remaster 5 and 6 they just need to copy the pc version back to the consoles which can now have the settings turned up to high instead of medium and low. If the copy we are getting of 4 is the Ultimate HD edition then it is technically a remaster too as it had PC exclusive textures added that wasnt on the ps3/360 version as it didnt have the juice to be able to run them.

If the prices are reasonable it will be worth the rebuy.

6 is not a good sign to start with imo. Hell, releasing the remasters soon after 0 is strange...but we need to wait and see.

I saw that RE4 Ultimate HD had some improved textures, but some that were untouched. I think if Capcom used the improved ones and touched on the untouched ones, it'd be fantastic but I can get why or how they max miss some. I can see RE5 looking pretty good though, RE6 maybe not due to being more recent.

Meh.... give a me a remake of Dino Crisis or make a new one. Is Capcom making anything else besides RE games or re-releasing the sames or SF games? :lol

tumblr_o2momdauIk1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

But SFV is AWESOMESAUSE!! Please. That series has been van down by the river for a decade now.

:lol I haven't played a SF in years!

Capcom needs to make a new Power Stone game... the only thing I'm excited for is 2 and maybe 7, but if its like 6. There's no hope! If that's the case, then Capcom should remake 3, longer game and more expanded levels.

I am really looking forward to 5 again. I played the living hell out of the originals when they came out but when I try to pick them up now it feels so tedious and I get bored. RE:5 however, I just really enjoyed and played it over and over.

I know this might be an obvious statement but for me 5 feels so Resident Evil but more graphically refined. Unlike 6, which had great graphics but did not feel like RE at all.

FYI, Resident Evil Sale starting today on PSN. $1.49 ea. for RE2 and 3 and sales on the other games.

Meaning for the 2 people on this forum that hasn't bought digital versions of RE, now's your chance.

I might buy 3 to use on my future Vita. Assuming REmake 2 is good, I would love to see them tackle RE3 somehow. Perhaps show more on the UBCS, tie more into RE2 somehow? I can see RE5 being enjoyable but not for the reasons I'd like it to be. But visually that game was stunning, still to this day! RE6's visuals seemed ok to me, not really above RE5 but I think that's due to the environments

But you know what I want? Devil May Cry 5! Or remake DMC 2 with the gameplay and personality of DMC 3. Hell, remake (not reboot, REMAKE!) DMC 1 with DMC 3's style! Or give me Mega Man 11, Mega Man X9! Oh Capcom...you batter us like Kojima battered the MGS canon, and some of his few intelligent fans :thud:

SFV looks almost average, even the collector's edition is half assed. I saw someone's art book was printed upside down :lol

Back