Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's everybody's guess at which monsters from other RE games Crapcom's putting in RE 2 2019 since they hinted at it?
Originally i was going to say id hate crimson heads, so i dont want to see them. (Not that i "hate" them but i think it would completely detract from the game to have them be an element). But in part of this new trailer we see Annette standing over a burning zombie body, so maybe we might at least get 1?

I think we should not get anything easter-eggy monster wise until we get to the lab. When we get to the lab, sure enter an area with bio tubes and broken stasis capsules where 2 hunters broke out or something. An area to see experiments. I do NOT want to be fighting hunters in the city, or drain demos, or anything that wasnt really in the main game. Because then what happens if we get Resident evil 3 remake, and we are going through the city again, fighting the same monsters we did in the Re 2 remake because they thought it would be a cool easter egg?

k, maybe give us a Leech zombie encounter in the sewer, maybe as we chase Annette a Crimson head pops up to give u a mini boss encounter in order to buy her time to get away. Maybe in the lab we get a couple of hunters.

But even then i hate that, if it was like an all-star cast of monsters. i believe monsters should be kept to their specific games. I actually dont want to see anything outside of a file, or something on a computer screen to be honest. Having Leon encounter a hunter is blasphemy in the scenario of Resident Evil 2. It should never happen. Jill should never meet a licker in Resident Evil 3. Yes they are all there in-canon but in the games they are not. The tone of each game is different, different characters different monsters. Dont step on each others toes.

Last edited:

Hmmm. So Irons really IS a pedophile now, lol. Wonder if we can unlock Ada's original outfit, not digging her wearing sunglasses in a dark parking lot under ground like...Wesker! Weird they didn't have her mention John too. No sighting of Ben the reporter yet either...OR the G-Type offspring. I hope it pops out of Irons, not Ben. I also hope they animate it's rapid growth like in the original RE2. That thing was gnarly in a great way.

Leon sounded less whiny overall, which is a great thing, and I think that's the best trailer that's been released so far. It was good to see G1 and Leon together, since I've been playing RE2 for 19 years Claire A, Leon B. ONE MORE THING. Where's Mr. X? Is the derp face hat wearing tyrant from the concept art an additional tyrant, or is it replacing Mr. X's design and role? We'll see.

EDIT: One more thing I've been noticing in the gameplay, did anybody else pick up on this??? There's no target reticule, or lazer sight to assist in aiming! How are we supposed to shoot monsters and zombies from farther than point blank range, since it's not like we can look down the guns sights? I definitely don't want a reticule breaking immersion. They should just go with lazer sights since they're doing over the shoulder. Aiming just looks awkward in these trailers. The blood also looks kinda cartoony, they need to darken it a tad. Not a lot, just a tad.

So yeah - hopefully HT makes at least babyface Leon here.

Is it concerning that their aren't any announcements about it? How long was it after RE6 was released that Hot Toys announced RE6 Leon? Do they wait to see if a game sells well first? Didn't RE6 bomb since it was a steaming turd of a game? Legit asking here, not trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't into collecting back then.

EDIT: Butt chin Leon lol.

Four more months. Which version are you getting? I got the Deluxe for the original soundtrack option and extra costumes.

Probably the deluxe as well. The collectors is cool but it's sold out and i'm normally disappointed by the statue/figure offerings that come with these collectors editions because they're usually just cheap lightweight/hollow plastic. I've been spoiled too much by collecting statues so I have an unrealistic expectation for these collector edition statues.

Although the collectors edition for Mortal Kombat X surprised me with the quality of the scorpion model.

I’m so glad the dogs are in and is that a zombie mutant child in the game ? I wonder if she has a Lisa Trevor like back story cause she was shown in the announcement trailer aswell

giphy.gif

:lol :lol :D :wave

Had to come back from the dead to clean this thread. Thanks Snoopy!

*buries himself back in his hole*

:lol :lol :duff No problem, brother!

It's a quick flash. 1:30 start. at 1:26 to 1:30. Its a very quick cut.

it's a little zombie mutant girl. Alot of people seem to overlook this. SHe was teased in the first trailer and now she is seen in this trailer. I'm wondering if she is a new boss or a new enemy type.
She doesn't seem to be full on zombie either

Last edited:
The fact we see a " flash forward " to an adult version makes me think the kid is just in flash backs, and is some characters origin story. (so were not actually getting Zombie kids as an enemy type. i did see some people reacting to that with joy)

The lady is asian, Ada has her eyes hidden behind sunglasses, its Ada's story trailer and we know she has a new motivation for the game. It might be Ada's actual origin story? Maybe a sister? Mother? In the first trailer when we saw the child it was in a dark city setting, with parked cars and a bus. But theres no actual Zombies, or fires or destruction. So it feels like they tried to slip that scene in and make it seem like she is there during the outbreak but i think its a red herring and its a flash back also.

vlcsnap-2018-09-21-09h02m13s328.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-09-21-09h02m41s440.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-09-21-09h24m30s354.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, ok.
Interesting idea, maybe...just maybe...it´s Capcom´s way to show in this trailer how this doesn´t show mercy to kids.
This virus will. just. kill.

But...I need to admit: Ada origin could be in too. Maybe something with Wesker´s virus/vaccine? A prototype of that?!

Either way: Game can´t come soon enough.

I rewatched the new trailer and they show William in enough light to see his mutations more clearly than in the Claire gameplay trailer. He actually looks pretty great. I've always thought Birkin is the real star of RE2, like Nemesis is in RE3.

It's gonna be awesome to see his evolution throughout this. Can't wait to see his second, third and fourth forms in their full glory with his original themes playing.

Just wish his G eye wasn't yellow, though it seems to fluctuate between yellow and orange. They should have made it bloodshot, would make it look more realistc. That's just nitpicking though.

Annette looks like a dude though. Ugh. She looks worse than William!

Its funny to think when you look at Annette Birkin, and G, you think G can do better from what we saw so far. But its odd, Annette ( apart from the face ) looks like Alex Wesker from REV 2.

Its funny to think when you look at Annette Birkin, and G, you think G can do better from what we saw so far. But its odd, Annette ( apart from the face ) looks like Alex Wesker from REV 2.

I snapped a screen capture on my laptop, I'll upload it later, but Annette is absolutey....fugly as funk. She looks like a...goblin. She serioulsy looks like a fifty year old male goblin...in drag. She makes Claire's redesign look like a gift from the gods.

William's turning into G2 at the end of the trailer. I got some good screen caps of him from throughout the trailer I'll post along with Goblin Annette. Ugh. I'm not even exaggerating either. A goblin.

The fact we see a " flash forward " to an adult version makes me think the kid is just in flash backs, and is some characters origin story. (so were not actually getting Zombie kids as an enemy type. i did see some people reacting to that with joy)

The lady is asian, Ada has her eyes hidden behind sunglasses, its Ada's story trailer and we know she has a new motivation for the game. It might be Ada's actual origin story? Maybe a sister? Mother? In the first trailer when we saw the child it was in a dark city setting, with parked cars and a bus. But theres no actual Zombies, or fires or destruction. So it feels like they tried to slip that scene in and make it seem like she is there during the outbreak but i think its a red herring and its a flash back also.

View attachment 427431
View attachment 427432
View attachment 427433

She definitely doesn’t look like she is dead to me. She may have some type of new virus strain

Back