Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. One more post :lol

You initially said that it was definitely a flash forward for the following reasons...

Different length of hair. But, the hair is clearly the same length. Any perceived difference in length is so slight that it's negligible.

The background is different. Even if the background is an entirely different location, such a thing would not be evidence of a flash forward. It would be evidence of nothing more than a change in location. You also ignore the similarities in the background.

The shoulders are more broad. I don't agree that the shoulders are noticeably more broad. You're trying to prove a difference in the size of her shoulders by comparing two figures that were photographed at entirely different distances from the camera. It's a flawed method that is unlikely to produce an accurate result.

The facial structure is different. Her face is too obscured by shadow in the first shot to draw any reasonable conclusions about that.

You've neglected to address any of these points, and now you're trying to sidetrack the discussion by drawing me into a highly subjective debate about her age in each shot. It's problematic because we can't see her face in the first shot, and we can't see her body in the second shot, so the basis of comparison is poor. Trying to draw conclusions from such a poor basis of comparison is an endeavor that would lend itself to far too much subjectivity to be useful. Anyway, if the face on the right is that of a fifteen-year-old, then the figure on the left is fifteen. Happy? I already said, multiple times, that I believe the face on the right could belong to the figure on the left. Whatever her age, I can accept that the figure in both shots is meant to be the same age.

I encourage anyone that's been following this debate to pull up the trailer and watch the moment in question again. This whole argument that it's definitely a flash forward is based on a split second of frenetically edited footage. It's rather absurd.

I'm not even arguing that it definitely isn't a flash forward. I'm simply arguing that there is not enough information in the footage provided to draw the conclusion that it's definitely a flash forward. You're touting it like it's an obvious fact. It's not an obvious fact; it's wild speculation on your part.

Anyway, I don't know what else can be said about it. We're just gonna have to wait for the answer.

Make another post, about who or what you think this lady is. Your posts seem to want to undermine mine, but yet you havent put fourth who or what you think this character is. I think we see a child, theres some back story, we get a time lapse to the future ( still slightly in the past to current events), its an adult woman and then potentially turns out to be Ada. Rather than arguing over shadows. Do you have any theory on this character?

https://www.skepticsfieldguide.net/2012/04/moving-goalposts.html

l set out to question the logic behind your claim that it's a flash forward, and I have done exactly that. I'm not interested in speculating on the identity of the character or her role in the story, as it's not relevant to the point that I was trying to make.

You're only proving my point that you're engaging in wild speculation. There's nothing wrong with moderate speculation, but there just isn't enough information in the footage to support your conclusions. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're wrong. But, you're taking a shot in the dark rather than following the available evidence to a logical conclusion.

Feel free to continue speculating wildly, if that's what you'd like to do. I won't butt in anymore.

this is pure speculation, but I think there might be more than one pistol attachment upgrade, I was looking at screenshots, and there is one with leon walking towards ada (I will post it later if I remember) and the pistol looked like it had a muzzle on making the pistol slightly longer. im not even 100% myself because it isn't too clear but there is a possibility of multiple attachment upgrades or the burst attachment upgraded from that's in the original will add more than just a stock to the visuals of the gun or maybe my eyes just aren't the best xD.

l set out to question the logic behind your claim that it's a flash forward, and I have done exactly that.
My logic, is that being that you need to buy a special edition of the game that has the gore, and decapitated/severed limbed zombies in it (otherwise still have their appendages) that they wouldnt make an enemy type of which you need to kill children in ANY way.

I'm not interested in speculating on the identity of the character or her role in the story
Oh, thats great for a discussion thread.
You're only proving my point that you're engaging in wild speculation. There's nothing wrong with moderate speculation, but there just isn't enough information in the footage to support your conclusions. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're wrong. But, you're taking a shot in the dark rather than following the available evidence to a logical conclusion.
Ok guys you've heard it. Nobody is allowed to discuss anything. No speculation, no theories. Anything you say that cannot substantiated until the game is out is crazy talk. You are not allowed to have fun and indulge in the fantasy. You've been waiting for this game for 20 years? Well screw you guys. We are not allowed to engage our brains here.
I won't butt in anymore.
Its a discussion forum. Take this pompous sell-centred attitude out of here. Not willing to answer simple questions, nor willing to put fourth your own ideas and speculation. We are all in the same boat. I see footage and see things one way, you see footage and see it another. I say what way i see it, you say im wrong and then wont reply with what you think it means? You are about as useful as a pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear.

this is pure speculation, but I think there might be more than one pistol attachment upgrade, I was looking at screenshots, and there is one with leon walking towards ada (I will post it later if I remember) and the pistol looked like it had a muzzle on making the pistol slightly longer. im not even 100% myself because it isn't too clear but there is a possibility of multiple attachment upgrades or the burst attachment upgraded from that's in the original will add more than just a stock to the visuals of the gun or maybe my eyes just aren't the best xD.
Id love there to be a silencer, it would be a great way to avoid confrontation if you can pick a passive zombie to come closer and you take a herd down 1 by 1. Burst would be great too, if its like the original you end up needing to dump the pistol and ammo in the item box because it isnt viable anymore. If the pistol had burst like the original attachment it would make it way more useful in more dangerous encounters. I also imagine some kind of steady hand/anti recoil upgrade too.

My logic, is that being that you need to buy a special edition of the game that has the gore, and decapitated/severed limbed zombies in it (otherwise still have their appendages) that they wouldnt make an enemy type of which you need to kill children in ANY way.
Your original argument for it being a flash forward was that the length of her hair is different between shots, the background details are different between shots, the size of her shoulders is different between shots, the structure of her face is different between shots, etc. Now, after I've pointed out the flaws in your argument, you're suddenly presenting a brand new argument out of nowhere.

There is no special edition of the game with more gore. The standard edition of the game will have all of the gore. A censored version of the game is being released in Japan. There's a difference.

Japan has a long history of censoring violence in video games. For example, "Doom 64" was censored for violence in Japan. "Mortal Kombat II" was censored for violence in Japan. Those are old games. It's clearly been going on for a long time. It's not specific to the Resident Evil 2 remake. It's very specifically related to the standards of morality in Japanese culture. So, your current argument is misleading. There's no reason to believe that the Resident Evil 2 remake was created with the intention of shying away from extreme gore. On the contrary, it was clearly designed to feature loads of explicit violence and gore, which is exactly why Japan feels the need to release a censored version of it in the first place.

And, once again, you're reaching a conclusion without thinking critically. Let's say that you're right - the girl is a child, and Capcom would never make us kill a child. Okay. Well, maybe the girl only appears in a cutscene and you never have to fight her. Or, maybe you encounter her during a segment of the game in which you're without any weapons, and you have no choice but to run from her. Maybe, like Lisa Trevor in 2002's Resident Evil, she's practically invulnerable to weapons, and you can't hurt her even if you try. There are numerous possibilities that don't require a "flash forward" to her being an adult.

Ok guys you've heard it. Nobody is allowed to discuss anything. No speculation, no theories. Anything you say that cannot substantiated until the game is out is crazy talk. You are not allowed to have fun and indulge in the fantasy. You've been waiting for this game for 20 years? Well screw you guys. We are not allowed to engage our brains here.
The above is what's known as a straw man argument (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman). I never once said that speculation shouldn't be allowed. In fact, I said exactly the opposite. I even said that you should feel free to continue speculating wildly, if that's what you'd like to do, and that I wouldn't butt in anymore. You could've very easily accepted that and moved on.

You're not addressing the arguments that I've actually made. You've attempted to move the goalposts. You've used straw man arguments against me. You've hurled personal insults at me. You've done everything but address my actual arguments. Yet, in an earlier post, you accused me of lacking the ability to debate. :huh

Its a discussion forum.
What exactly is it that you think we've been doing?

Take this pompous sell-centred attitude out of here. Not willing to answer simple questions, nor willing to put fourth your own ideas and speculation. We are all in the same boat. I see footage and see things one way, you see footage and see it another. I say what way i see it, you say im wrong and then wont reply with what you think it means? You are about as useful as a pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear.
Notice how kfcolt1911 qualified his post by stating that it was pure speculation? Notice how he allowed for the possibility that he could be wrong?

You didn't do either of those things.

You claimed that it's a "fact" that there's a flash forward.
You claimed that "in the first picture its clearly a kid, in the second its clearly an adult."

I've done nothing other than make the case that you don't have any good evidence for such claims. Instead of accepting the constructive criticism like an adult and allowing for the possibility that you could be wrong, you've chosen to double down on insisting that your dubious theory is the correct one. And, yet, you accuse me of being pompous...

But, if you really want me to speculate on the character, I'll offer up two theories...

1. The girl is just a random zombie of no particular importance. Maybe she appears briefly in a cutscene to help establish the gravity and horror of the situation in the city, and that's it.

2. Maybe the girl is related to Ada. Let's just say, for the sake of this post, that the girl is Ada's little sister. Maybe Ada is out for revenge over what happened to her little sister. Or, hell, maybe Ada's looking for a cure to bring her sister back to normal.

Who knows? We have very little to go on, after all.

Her sillouete appears in the first trailer and now she’s in this trailer she must have some importance. They are definitely hinting she has some kind of large role

From the bottom of post #1347:

"2. Maybe the girl is related to Ada. Let's just say, for the sake of this post, that the girl is Ada's little sister. Maybe Ada is out for revenge over what happened to her little sister. Or, hell, maybe Ada's looking for a cure to bring her sister back to normal."

Didn’t they say that this isn’t exactly a remake but a reimagining or a continuation of re7’s new path so maybe the child shown is another version of Evelin or maybe she’s not either way I’m excited for this game and to spend long hours of the night with it

RE2_Sept_Screen19.jpg
Here is the image I said I would upload, to me I think it looks like a muzzle on the end of his pistol.
when searching for that image again on my laptop to post I found this
RE2_Sept_Screen16.jpg
the shotgun on his back looks visual different to me, so I speculate again that the will be multiple attachments in the game and not just for the pistol. although it could be a different shotgun entirely I personally think its an upgrade or an attachment.
let me know what you guys think

Id love there to be a silencer, it would be a great way to avoid confrontation if you can pick a passive zombie to come closer and you take a herd down 1 by 1. Burst would be great too, if its like the original you end up needing to dump the pistol and ammo in the item box because it isnt viable anymore. If the pistol had burst like the original attachment it would make it way more useful in more dangerous encounters. I also imagine some kind of steady hand/anti recoil upgrade too.

if there are indeed multiple attachments in the game, its entirely possible one is a silencer, although I don't remember a silence in any of the previous numbered titles so maybe not I dunno. if that is a muzzle upgrade like I speculate I assume it would help reduce the recoil a little. I personally want a laser pointer attachment.

Why do you keep posting pics from the trailer?

Because William looks amazing and I thought fellow fans would enjoy stills of him since the trailer goes by so fast, and kinda just shows quick flashes.

You realize G is the real star of RE2 right? Like Nemesis is the real star (pun intended) of RE3. It's not the human characters who are truly memorable, but these badass mofos that stalk the players through these stories.

Why do you think they not only serve as the main bosses throughout their respective entries in the series, but also serve as the final bosses? They both are also extreme badasses and mutate after taking enough damage to show how resilient and elite they are.

Just enjoys the pictures and respect G's authority. Bow to King William the G.

Back