Replacement jacket and whip for Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have emailed Shawn, about some of the posts, warning him that there are rumblings of a Howes type witch hunt. I have outstanding stuff since April that was to be 4-6 weeks in the making, but I know Shawn keeps on improving his gear and he takes time to do this right. He is really busy getting peoples ordered done, and he is certainly no thief or scammer.
He replied to me the same day I sent the mail, so have no fear, stuff is getting done.

A business or dealer or anything is only as good as their last package or deal out the door.

Sovereign emailed me about 2-3 months ago about potential custom sculpts. I didn't reach out to him, he reached out to me on his own, which was nice. When I saw his potential backlog though, I decided to wait to see if his docket would clear a little.

I can only speak for me, but I could care less what a guy did a year ago, five years ago. What did he do last week? What did he do today? That's what happens when you take people's money, you are beholden to their expectations. Fair? Unfair? Doesn't matter in my book. If you take the money, you go for distance and you trade for weight. What did the guy in Miami Vice, when he pays, he's paying for a result, that's all that matters. Anything else is moot.

I wish Sovereign nothing but luck. And people here too.

Gekko

A business or dealer or anything is only as good as their last package or deal out the door.

Sovereign emailed me about 2-3 months ago about potential custom sculpts. I didn't reach out to him, he reached out to me on his own, which was nice. When I saw his potential backlog though, I decided to wait to see if his docket would clear a little.

I can only speak for me, but I could care less what a guy did a year ago, five years ago. What did he do last week? What did he do today? That's what happens when you take people's money, you are beholden to their expectations. Fair? Unfair? Doesn't matter in my book. If you take the money, you go for distance and you trade for weight. What did the guy in Miami Vice, when he pays, he's paying for a result, that's all that matters. Anything else is moot.

I wish Sovereign nothing but luck. And people here too.

Gekko

Why do I feel like I am watching a movie? :D

Well, I'm actually trying to get rid of my Sovereign Studios Indy gear...There's more where that came from!

indygear2v.jpg

indyjacket.jpg

:lol Oh, I bought this a long time ago, minus the gloves and the fedora, I had to buy those seperately and paint them myself.

I need to get rid of it because I need money for college and I already have a Sideshow Indy keeping me company. So I know others really need a kit like this more than I do at the moment, so I'll make it easy for them, any takers, please PM me.

Any update? I notice some people who are behind me on the list have received their full kit and I have still no contact from you or the kit.

Ta.

Also still waiting on my full kit. Paid in full in February.

I just bought a Sovereign Studios Keaton Batman (presumably the most recent iteration) off this same seller and was seriously wondering whether or not this guy might actually be Shawn or at least a business associate of his. I mean this seller seems to be constantly and consistently selling off Sovereign Studio stuff. If this is the case, then its kind of messed up considering that people have been waiting (and screaming at each other) for their Indy jacket. Does anyone have any info about eBay seller "foreverannoyed" ?

May have to get one of those. Thanks for sharing.

So. Did you go for this one Snake? I notice he is using Shawn's photo's from the begining this thread. He may not even posess one.

I'd also be weary of buying from that eBay, Shawn's making coats for the Pro and TrueType, depending on the body you want to use, you may not get the right coat for it versus direct orders where you can specify to him the body your Indy is on.

I really don't see any way around this but just ban this kind of sale on the forum. Some people can't appreciate a customizers schedule and having such a public arena for them to air their dissatisfaction just adds to the bad atmosphere on the board.

And on the other side it also allows for the Howes situation and people actually getting scammed.

I'm still analyzing the situation, but I'm definitely leaning towards not allowing any kind of customs solicitations here at all.

Dave, please don't let a few attitudes ruin some great opportunities for other members. I have multiple items on pre-order with Shawn and I patiently wait because I know just how time consuming this type of work can be. And if it wasn't for Shawn, I don't know where I would go to find the quality clothing and accessories he provides.

Also, I have been working hard on a few items that I am planning to offer on these boards. They would not be pre-orders, but rather I would offer items after they are made and ready to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back