Replaced my SSW Argonath for £4.70!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
About three years ago my wife was cleaning my office and knocked my FOTR Argonath Bookends off the shelf and they shattered.

I was distraught.

Every now and then I'd look on ebay and be dismayed at the prices they were reaching.

Last night whilst doing an Ebay trawl I found them. The seller had not listed the Argonath and just listed as 'Fellowship of the Ring'. Checking the photos the argonath were still secured to the box. With 2 hours still to go they were at the start price of £2.50.

Two hours later I checked back to see if they had been spotted...no bids.

With a minute to go I stuck in a bid of £15.00 and hoped for the best.

In the last seconds of the auction a flurry of bids pushed it up to £4.70..

An excellent price to pay for these works of art.

Sometime, patience IS a virtue.

Great find!! The Argonath set is really nice, and every time I clean I am afraid of what might happen to these two. A friend of mine knocked his over and popped the hands of each one!!

Excuse my newb question but I have never bid on eBay before. If you put in a bid for 15 pounds, why did you end up gettin it for 4,70:confused:

They seem to be going cheap lately. Anything to do with the new Weta enviro shipping soon?

By the way, i'd get on the wait-list to get that bud! It's the full environment, not the butchered version we saw for the DVD.

I was going to say the opposite. Why settle for these bookends, when the full featured version is going to be available!

Yeah, don't do it! I'd much prefer the scene how it was meant to be, and the river flowing betwen them is a must surely...plus the rocks either side, and the boats give it a sense of scale. The bookends just look like they could be statues from anywhere, and give no idea of big they really are.

Back