Repairing my Iron Man MKIII Eye Problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Comparison

That is such a Excellent Job and Walkthrough, Broman, Excellent Post my Friend

P.S. to all collectors "Always be Patient with any Project"

Be Cool
Al

Re: Comparison

As my Ironman AND my T-800 bust died (no light anymore), I'm more than happy that I've found this thread.

Thanks for that! Good work!!

No problem - are you going to try fixing your T-800? Mine still works, but think it would be more of a challenge....

Yes, I have to fix the T-800, too. I hope it is only the electronics board and not the LEDs, because that's fitted in the base.

Sorry to revise an old thread but I need to remove the faceplate. So looking at the pics posted earlier, is it glue holding the plate on or just the three tabs.. and are they removable without breaking? It looks like they were snapped off. Besides using an exacto to cut the paint seal, any advice on how to cleanly remove the faceplate without it breaking any pieces? I dont mind having to glue the face back on but Id like to get it off with minimal damage and no paint retouch. Thanks.

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry to revise an old thread but I need to remove the faceplate. So looking at the pics posted earlier, is it glue holding the plate on or just the three tabs.. and are they removable without breaking? It looks like they were snapped off. Besides using an exacto to cut the paint seal, any advice on how to cleanly remove the faceplate without it breaking any pieces? I dont mind having to glue the face back on but Id like to get it off with minimal damage and no paint retouch. Thanks.

View attachment 282141

If I remember correctly the tabs lined up with holes that had been glued - after I finished I added glue back into the holes and pushed it back into place. The tabs pulled some material away when it came off, but didn't affect anything you could see and I was able to get it back on securely. I was lucky in that it did not take a lot of pressure to remove the faceplate, I was worried it would crack as I pried it forward, but once I had some room on both sides I pried a bit farther on each and eventually it popped. I don't recall the tabs being snapped off, I think the inside material just stuck to them, but honestly can't remember.

I did damage to the paint so not sure how much advice I can give - my hands were not steady and kept slipping and nicking things. One annoying scratch came when I put the faceplate down onto something, have some soft clothes around to protect it. If I could do it again I'd take it slower with the exacto blade and pay more attention (or have someone with steadier hands do that part.)

ffs...this makes me never want to buy a statue with a light up feature. Grinds my gears that SS makes it so difficult. Good luck to all going through this repair.

The quality of SS is really low! Both, my Terminator and Iron Man Busts don't work anymore and the inner workings are an embarrassing shame. It looks like it's designed and manufactured by a kid without any knowledge!

ffs...this makes me never want to buy a statue with a light up feature. Grinds my gears that SS makes it so difficult. Good luck to all going through this repair.

That definitely looks daunting. I own this and WM. If lights go out, no big deal. They still look BA. And I never turn on the lights anyway.

Back