Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a sneaking suspicion that once repaints started showing up, people would be buying multiples.

How the heck can you go wrong for $35???

Looks great. What and how did you do the LEDs?

Hmm I took the hulk buster apart then drilled holes in the areas I want the leds done and then retired it with a switch to the battery compartment and removed the annoying sound board and red led and replaced it with mine.

I just finished my repaint today. No pic of the back because I didn't finish detailing it yet.

b0f6Nvr.jpg

Which red paint did you use Xero? Spray can or airbrush?

Sorry! I thought I responded.

Step 1: Clean the entire thing down with dish soap and water. Make sure to rinse well and do not get the electronics wet! Let it dry well.
Step 2: Spray paint a primer coat for plastics, let dry well.
Step 3: Spray paint your desired red color choice, let dry well.
Step 4: I used Sharpie brand permanent marker paint pens to do everything else (Gold, Silver, Blue and black) on this figure. (I don't have access to an airbrush or the space for it yet)
Step 5: Add weathering with silver and black
Step 6: Clear coat with desired shine. (I still have to finish the back so I didn't clear coat it yet.
Step 7: Enjoy a $35 figure looking like a $150 model.

Edit: I also thought about taking the figure apart and filling it with GREAT STUFF or something else heavier to give it that solid feel. The figure stands very well on it's own so this is in no way needed.

This weekend I started mine and sealed all the holes and when the weather was warm enough I went to prime it aaaannnnnddd mid way i ran out and it spit primer all over and its not pretty... well m progress is delayed 8(

If this was 4-5 inches taller I would buy it and do the repaint.

Any ideas on how to get it taller? Would really want it in scale.

Yeah it really is too bad he isn't about 2" taller. I suppose if you put him behind a couple of figures and put him up on a platform of some kind. But he's definitely undersized compared to HT figures.

The Titan line is 12" figures, so my guess is they decided to undersize him to keep the price down. I'm sure all of us would gladly pay $50-70 for one that was in scale. But not sure many parents would.

Rare photo of one being used as intended!

Someone should call child services on this kids parents,how dare they let there kid play with a toy!dont they know it should be displayed in a detolf,not in the back of q wagon

Rare photo of one being used as intended!

Someone should call child services on this kids parents,how dare they let there kid play with a toy!dont they know it should be displayed in a detolf,not in the back of a wagon

Back