Premium Format Red Sonja Premium Format Figure 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20180715_154443-01.jpg

The previous Sonja had some shape to her ass.
It's funny too, because people were calling this one Fat Sonja when pics first came out.
Lol I agree her, her ass maybe flatter that Aspen but I'm still happy with it lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I need a Conan PF to compliment this statue and then some Kulan Gath or the Pirate Queen Belit. SSC needs to get on this asap.

Does she still have freckles? Hard to tell with the flash, I liked that aspect on the prototype.

Flat butt might be due to the mold for the statue, the prototypes was rounder.
Yea, the lights in my office are halogen spots and they wash out a lot of detail.
Her freckles are there...
20180717_210317.jpg

Nice they look good. Transfers for the eyes but hand painting them perfectly can be close to impossible. I’ve used Archer ones and they look good.

Nice they look good. Transfers for the eyes but hand painting them perfectly can be close to impossible. I’ve used Archer ones and they look good.

Ha! I had this same conversation on FB. Archer is the only way I can do eyes.

I just opened my Red Sonja earlier tonight and I'm very pleased. She looks amazing. The face is beautiful. I don't think I had ever owned or read a Red Sonja comic book (maybe her appearance with Spidey in Marvel Team-Up) but I had to buy this. This piece is one of Sideshow's best.

As much love and respect as I have for Harbottle's work, I gotta say the new one is my favorite Sonja piece by a good margin.

I don't say that lightly or arrive at it because it's the newest and shiniest either. There are a host of qualities about the previous one I could enumerate as to why I think it's a master class of figure/diorama sculpting. But it's hard to beat a solid museum pose that efficiently gets across the spirit of the character as exceptionally as this one.

I had to rotate it out a little quicker than I wanted because of new stuff arriving that I needed to vet, but it's the one I'm going to be most anxious to set up again in the future.

Great pic!
And a good example of how collectibles should be produced. Each one of these is vastly different from the last in setting, pose, and accessories.
For a character that is a red head in steel bikini, Sideshow have done a great job in makin each statue unique.

As much as I wanna be done with statues and collecting....this new one is amazing. Having a hard time unsubbing this thread so I can remove temptation. Lovely. Just lovely.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I brought Red Sonja back in the studio just for fun, and ended up with some nice shots that I think capture the mood of the piece really well... She's still one of my very favorites from Sideshow.

red sonja 1.jpg

red sonja 2.jpg

red sonja 3.jpg

red sonja 4.jpg

Back