Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Red Sonja gets a real preview tomorrow. But if not, at least we know she's confirmed for SDCC.

If you read any of the original REH stuff for Conan you cant go wrong. I have some of the Dark Horse trades which are good because you get the visuals, but the small pulp novels are great reading. Truly reading for guys. Adventuring, killing, wine and women. Not a single mention of washing dishes or paying bills... :lol

Yeah I've wanted to read the novels for years, but I'm not sure where to go. What's the best collection of them? Stuff like this gets reprinted and collected in all sorts of different ways. It's hard to figure out what the ideal Conan purchase is.

It's like Lovecraft. I've wanted to get into Lovecraft for years, but I have absolutely no idea how to or where to start.

Yeah I've wanted to read the novels for years, but I'm not sure where to go. What's the best collection of them? Stuff like this gets reprinted and collected in all sorts of different ways. It's hard to figure out what the ideal Conan purchase is.

It's like Lovecraft. I've wanted to get into Lovecraft for years, but I have absolutely no idea how to or where to start.

This is Dark Horse Conan Vol. 1
13029.jpg

Not sure what vol they're up top now, I stopped at vol 8.
This is the taken from REH books (I have a bunch of old paperbacks from a local used bookstore) now with graphics.

Or you can get this which is the complete collection in order.
chronicles-conan-howard.jpg

There is also this which I have yet to get.
cbrlg.jpg

I have this for Lovecraft which is not everything but most of his well know and important work.
1335019.jpg

All of the collections are pretty thick books at about 800-1000 pages and can be found on ebay for $35 and up for HC. Local booksellers should be able to get them, but may have to wait until an there is qty enough to get from the publisher.

Very similar, I prefer the statues expression.

lhd5.jpg

sduj.jpg

The inspiration ?

Wow! Love the way she's holding the head and the dead body on the base. Hope those are include with a killer ex! What to do.... Must stick to the gun and resist a order so soon. :panic: lol it's only been 2 weeks that I've said to not order anytime for a long time.

Last edited:
All I can say is, I had a great first impression from this statue. And I still do. And if Tony C. truly is the sculptor for this, as some stan from the other forum insists, then okay, I'll probably still get this (a great sculpt is still a great sculpt), provided there are strong indications that this would not be sent to the low-QC factories. And seeing as this is Dynamite Ent. property, not Marvel, then this should probably get the same QC treatment as, say, the Vampi PF.

Face-wise, I am truly impressed. Maybe Tony has other detail tricks up his sleeve.

That said, I'll still stand by my opinion that the Rogue and Psylocke PFs were less than desirable. AND THAT IS MY OPINION.

Anyways, if they did include a dead body on the base, does it still count as a PF, rather than a dio?

lhd5.jpg

sduj.jpg

The inspiration ?

It's quite similar. I like when statues are inspired by a picture but do not just copy it and convert it into 3D. The statue, from what we can see, is an improvement over the picture in a lot of ways and makes better use of the three dimensions.

All I can say is, I had a great first impression from this statue. And I still do. And if Tony C. truly is the sculptor for this, as some stan from the other forum insists, then okay, I'll probably still get this (a great sculpt is still a great sculpt), provided there are strong indications that this would not be sent to the low-QC factories. And seeing as this is Dynamite Ent. property, not Marvel, then this should probably get the same QC treatment as, say, the Vampi PF.

Face-wise, I am truly impressed. Maybe Tony has other detail tricks up his sleeve.

That said, I'll still stand by my opinion that the Rogue and Psylocke PFs were less than desirable. AND THAT IS MY OPINION.

:goodpost: now please use the factory with the high QC! :pray: btw vampi PF was superb QC and just o stunning! I compare each statue with that one. Everything from the base, details, ex head, and even a print with a low ES? Plus 350.00? Just wow!

13029.jpg

This is the taken from REH books (I have a bunch of old paperbacks from a local used bookstore) now with graphics.

Or you can get this which is the complete collection in order.
chronicles-conan-howard.jpg

There is also this which I have yet to get.
cbrlg.jpg

I have this for Lovecraft which is not everything but most of his well know and important work.
1335019.jpg

All of the collections are pretty thick books at about 800-1000 pages and can be found on ebay for $35 and up for HC. Local booksellers should be able to get them, but may have to wait until an there is qty enough to get from the publisher.

Thank you so much. I'll have to check all of these out! I will finally be able to get the Lovecraft references everyone always uses :lol

13029.jpg

Monger, instead of going for those individual books, you might be interested in pre-ordering the massive '[ame=https://www.amazon.com/Colossal-Conan-Kurt-Busiek/dp/161655228X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373199959&sr=1-1&keywords=colossal+conan]Colossal Conan[/ame] hardcover containing all 50 issues of that first run, which will be released in November.

lhd5.jpg

sduj.jpg

The inspiration ?

Though not as similar, there's also this one.

red-sonja32C-g.jpg

Clearly there's a pattern in fantasy sword and sorcery works. :)

Back