Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, just making sure.

I personally like Rogue (though I had to pay $100 plus shipping to have her face repainted), and I loved Psylocke (though I had to send her back because of the cracking).

No worries. :duff

You've always been tactful, IMO, when you've given your opinion on different collectibles.

Yes! Yes!!! This is a three way bromance!!!!!

Darth Snoopy and Northern Lad... grupal hug NOW!!!!

:hi5:

By the way, just tonight I was checking some Red Sonja statues in Amazon... wasn't convinced by any of them. I don't consider myself to be picky, but it's like they based all of them on the wrong pictures.

I'm SICK of this stupid keyboard! Gotta get a new one. :mad:

Yes! Yes!!! This is a three way bromance!!!!!

Darth Snoopy and Northern Lad... grupal hug NOW!!!!

:hi5:

grouphugg.gif

By the way, just tonight I was checking some Red Sonja statues in Amazon... wasn't convinced by any of them. I don't consider myself to be picky, but it's like they based all of them on the wrong pictures.

I'm SICK of this stupid keyboard! Gotta get a new one. :mad:

I always liked, and have considered getting, this Red Sonja statue...

ChoRedSonjaPaintCorrection01.jpg

based off of Frank Cho's cover...

SavageRS1ChoPosterBIG.jpg

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm a big Frank Cho fan. :D

Actually, I didn't see that one among the ones I browsed tonight.

It's REALLY nice looking!

I like Cho's art, too. I love how she's in full body (the one based on Marc Silvestri didn't have the legs, and it's not a mini-bust), based on a beautiful art-style (with all due respect to J Scott Campbell and Michael Turner, but sometimes their art don't translate well in 3D), fully armed (as opposed to most images that accentuate her feminine attributes), full color (Adam Hughes statue has her skin colored grey...), and just plain bad-@$$!

:eekStatue looks amazing!!! But I would need a closer look at the face before I commit....

**** if the Grevious comes with the dead troopers then that is a definite buy!!! :eek

Actually, I didn't see that one among the ones I browsed tonight.

It's REALLY nice looking!

I like Cho's art, too. I love how she's in full body (the one based on Marc Silvestri didn't have the legs, and it's not a mini-bust), based on a beautiful art-style (with all due respect to J Scott Campbell and Michael Turner, but sometimes their art don't translate well in 3D), fully armed (as opposed to most images that accentuate her feminine attributes), full color (Adam Hughes statue has her skin colored grey...), and just plain bad-@$$!

:hi5: Right on! :yess:

If you don't like an artists work then that's fine...but there's no reason to bash their work just because you don't like it.

Overly criticizing an artists work is one of the reasons we don't see many sculptors, or other artists, here anymore.

Show some respect or at least pretend to.

Anyway I like what I see but I want to see more before I make any decision on buying Red Sonja.

Thankyou DS I was amazed to see the outright bashing of one of the nicest guys working in the industry who's body of work is top notch. It's a real shame that some keyboard aholes have driven the amazing talent away from the forums. It's no wonder SS post rarely too with the amount of bashing and downright personal attacks they receive every day.

BTW If those aholes want to say these offensive things directly to Tony PM me and I'll give you his email.

grouphugg.gif

I always liked, and have considered getting, this Red Sonja statue...

ChoRedSonjaPaintCorrection01.jpg

based off of Frank Cho's cover...

SavageRS1ChoPosterBIG.jpg

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm a big Frank Cho fan. :D

I find Cho female drawings are a little beefier then I like. I do like that his girls have a pinup feel to it. Love that era of art.

Thankyou DS I was amazed to see the outright bashing of one of the nicest guys working in the industry who's body of work is top notch. It's a real shame that some keyboard aholes have driven the amazing talent away from the forums. It's no wonder SS post rarely too with the amount of bashing and downright personal attacks they receive every day.

That's my point. People need to show respect regardless if they like the work or not.

I'd like to see the sculpts/paint applications of those who trash a professional artist's work, let others critique their work and see how they'd feel afterwards.

If keyboard commandos were as good or better than the artists they bash then they'd be working with Sideshow, Hot Toys, Enterbay, Gentle Giant, etc. instead of posting on a toy forum.

Are u talking about me??:monkey1

I have a lot of his work. I like some more then others. If I didn't like him, there would be no reason to buy from SSC. :peace

I wasn't talking about you, Jason. :lol

Id like to see them do a better job :lol

:exactly: :lol

Oh I like that cover, really like her thigh.

If you don't like an artists work then that's fine...but there's no reason to bash their work just because you don't like it.

Overly criticizing an artists work is one of the reasons we don't see many sculptors, or other artists, here anymore.

Show some respect or at least pretend to.

Anyway I like what I see but I want to see more before I make any decision on buying Red Sonja.

As consumers we have the right to bash and critique them as we see fit. If they cannot handle the criticism, to which I don't blame them, then they shouldn't be here anyway. Having the artists hang around the forum creates an artificial environment where people endlessly praise the piece or sugar coat any negative things they have to say. Through the process those who just straight up critique the piece get alienated and look bad because of it. We shouldn't have to pull our punches.

Just as we can bash a movie, a sculpt, a book, etc... we should be able to do the same to statues and their artists. Think of how often we all bash movie directors based on their previous creations. Those directors can handle it and so can these artists. They are being paid big bucks to make this stuff if they can't handle random people mocking them then they should probably save face and just never go onto the internet or ask anyone in real life for criticism, advice, etc...

They don't need defending. If you disagree though feel free to just delete this post since having active moderators also creates nearly the same environment I was talking about: an artificial one.

Back