Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow amazing! I hope mark Newman sculpted her! Marks so talented I wonder if he will open his own company in the future? I think mark and Tim could start thier own company and rule this industry. Just a thought. Those two guys is so talented they rule! That would be some serious competition for SS.

So it seems that SS has a foothold on producing PFs of Dynamite Entertainment babes (Vampirella, and now Red Sonja). Here are a few more I'd like to see get done, again by Mark if possible :)

Dejah Thoris
DEJAHTHORISMain.jpg

Jungle Girl (in a different pose, naturally)
JUNGLEGIRLMain.jpg

Pantha (Vampirella's foe, no-brainer)
PANTHAMain.jpg

Xena (Good to pair up with Red Sonja)
XenaMain.jpg

What's wrong with cipriano? He did Silver Surfer com, gambit PF, Hawkeye PF, Mary Jane com. and the turned out really nice.

Let's just say he was involved in projects that Psylocked the Rogue outta Spider Woman :lol

What's wrong with cipriano? He did Silver Surfer com, gambit PF, Hawkeye PF, Mary Jane com. and the turned out really nice.
TC has some hits & misses. I own SS and IMO, he's anatomically incorrect; Rogue (art direction to change the culo and QC paint app on face didn't help). Though this may not be he's own fault; Cyclop & Buckys PFs ex heads....seriously bad; Namor comiquette....just bad.

He does have some good ones though. Gambit PF, Vamp com, Psyclocke PF, The Thing PF, Hawkeye and Black Panther PF. Just wish he was more consistent with his sculpts

The other problems is, it seems Sideshow likes to give his pieces lower grades at the factory, because 3 of his females had major issues that practically ruined them (Rogue, Spider-Woman and Psylocke).

The other problems is, it seems Sideshow likes to give his pieces lower grades at the factory, because 3 of his females had major issues that practically ruined them (Rogue, Spider-Woman and Psylocke).

I don't know what's up with that or is it just coincidence that his pieces go to lower end factories. SSC needs to be better at this. They can single handily destroy a reputation of an artist.

I don't know what's up with that or is it just coincidence that his pieces go to lower end factories. SSC needs to be better at this. They can single handily destroy a reputation of an artist.

Yeah, but I totally know it happens with him. All of Mark's and Tim's sculpts have turned out amazingly, while Tony's have been marred by horrible issues.

The sculpt looks great, but.... I always end up disappointed whenever I see one of those pieces of the character holding a head o any other parts from an enemy, suggesting that they were victorious in battle.

Not that these are bad ideas, but the logical thing is that if you decapitate someone with a sword, then you'll have some of your enemy's blood splattered all over yourself.

Here's that same thing happening... she should be drenched in blood, IMO.

If you don't like an artists work then that's fine...but there's no reason to bash their work just because you don't like it.

Overly criticizing an artists work is one of the reasons we don't see many sculptors, or other artists, here anymore.

Show some respect or at least pretend to.

Anyway I like what I see but I want to see more before I make any decision on buying Red Sonja.

Ok, now i see what all the red sonja fuss is about. This is definitely more appetizing than the new BW PF. Not a huge interest in the character so probably still a pass for me but we'll see how the full reveal looks.

Hey, Darth Snoopy, I 'm not criticizing the artist or bashing... the problem sometimes with the written word is that sometimes much depends on the interpretation of the reader.

I was in fact, talking in general terms... notice that I wrote that there's been other times in which I've seen the "no blood splattered" issue. Never said this was the only case.

But again, interepretation on the reader's part can give the written word a context that was no intended.

And in any case, you said exactly the same I did in your last sentence.

Hey, Darth Snoopy, I 'm not criticizing the artist or bashing... the problem sometimes with the written word is that sometimes much depends on the interpretation of the reader.

I was in fact, talking in general terms... notice that I wrote that there's been other times in which I've seen the "no blood splattered" issue. Never said this was the only case.

But again, interepretation on the reader's part can give the written word a context that was no intended.

He wasn't talking about you

I wasn't talking about you, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you were talking to me, I don't feel I was bashing Tony as a sculptor, but more the fact that the statues he does end up having bad QC at the factory. That's really not the fault of him, just bad luck maybe?

Back