Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what origin you follow - the rebooted Sonja just has a rough start (her village being pillaged/slaughtered) and she escapes into the wild where she learns combat/survival skills & she's not visited by Scathach. She's captured later and has to fight in an arena which is where she learns her crazy fighting skills.

The original Sonja has a similar start (village is pillaged, people are slaughtered, rape, etc). After they leave, Scathach visits her and bestows unparalleled fighting skills on the condition that she would never lie with a man unless he defeated her in fair combat. I wouldn't say she's got 'super powers' - more like, she's extremely skilled but is still able to be defeated by extremely good fighters (it happens periodically).

Sick. Thanks for the info man. The Abridged Sonjapedia

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Haha, no problem. She's one of my favorite comic book characters (I get a lot of slack from my boyfriend about it!).

Yeah I've always thought she was cool ever since I saw the movie as a kid. Didn't know that much about her aside from that. Picked up all the #1s from the first 4 volumes too. And like I always say I love me some bada55 b*****s, probably why I married the woman that I did. The bladder the better. He should love the fact that his girl is a comic book fan

Yeah I've always thought she was cool ever since I saw the movie as a kid. Didn't know that much about her aside from that. Picked up all the #1s from the first 4 volumes too. And like I always say I love me some bada55 b*****s, probably why I married the woman that I did. The bladder the better. He should love the fact that his girl is a comic book fan
He's more into video games than comics (I'm the comic book person in the relationship); I think he just thinks it's funny since I tend to like the 'scantily clad' characters like Sonja, Jungle Girl, and Vampy.

They have 4 Sonja Omnibus' out; I'd definitely recommend them if you'd like a good read (and don't already have them).

He's more into video games than comics (I'm the comic book person in the relationship); I think he just thinks it's funny since I tend to like the 'scantily clad' characters like Sonja, Jungle Girl, and Vampy.

They have 4 Sonja Omnibus' out; I'd definitely recommend them if you'd like a good read (and don't already have them).

Lol those are also very strong characters so makes sense. Yeah not a gamer either, bought a PS4 and have used it to watch Blu Rays. Waiting for the Batman game, never played my old PS3 either. Lol yeah love me some comics

If memory serves, it was the Roy Thomas/Frank Thorne RED SONJA Marvel comic from the late '70s that made her a "star"... indeed, the most popular female hero of her day, hipper and fresher than Wonder Woman and something of an answer to Warren's lessening Vampirella, featured in Marvel ads with Spider-Man and the Hulk. Even George Lucas had a poster of her in his Lucasfilm office circa 1979. Thorne's Sonja remains the definitive version of the character to most purists, who shrug at that mediocre BN movie incarnation... Sonja had a distinctive, wide, girlish face, almost Deborah Harry-ish, a look this current statue embraces (dig those Elisha Cuthbert eyebrows!). It successfully captures the character's iconic look as described, one of the reasons I believe responses to it have been so positive.

If memory serves, it was the Roy Thomas/Frank Thorne RED SONJA Marvel comic from the late '70s that made her a "star"... indeed, the most popular female hero of her day, hipper and fresher than Wonder Woman and something of an answer to Warren's lessening Vampirella, featured in Marvel ads with Spider-Man and the Hulk. Even George Lucas had a poster of her in his Lucasfilm office circa 1979. Thorne's Sonja remains the definitive version of the character to most purists, who shrug at that mediocre BN movie incarnation... Sonja had a distinctive, wide, girlish face, almost Deborah Harry-ish, a look this current statue embraces (dig those Elisha Cuthbert eyebrows!). It successfully captures the character's iconic look as described, one of the reasons I believe responses to it have been so positive.

Love this sculpt. I couldn't do anything BUT order the moment she went up. I fell in love the moment I saw the SDCC preview. Man I waited like a crazy person. All those hot Toys and Iron Man figures drove me insane waiting for her. So glad. She's almost home. Most anticipated piece EVER for me, so far ;)

Wait is she arriving soon? did i miss that somewhere?

Nevermind:-(

Love this sculpt. I couldn't do anything BUT order the moment she went up. I fell in love the moment I saw the SDCC preview. Man I waited like a crazy person. All those hot Toys and Iron Man figures drove me insane waiting for her. So glad. She's almost home. Most anticipated piece EVER for me, so far ;)

It depends on what origin you follow - the rebooted Sonja just has a rough start (her village being pillaged/slaughtered) and she escapes into the wild where she learns combat/survival skills & she's not visited by Scathach. She's captured later and has to fight in an arena which is where she learns her crazy fighting skills.

The original Sonja has a similar start (village is pillaged, people are slaughtered, rape, etc). After they leave, Scathach visits her and bestows unparalleled fighting skills on the condition that she would never lie with a man unless he defeated her in fair combat. I wouldn't say she's got 'super powers' - more like, she's extremely skilled but is still able to be defeated by extremely good fighters (it happens periodically).

Been reading the reboot, so far I think its about the same as how you describe the original. All the goddess stuff is told in flashbacks and doesn't really come up until well into the series. I haven't made it to any arena training flashbacks yet but who knows. Its been a great comic so far, hard to put down- warriors, gods,demons, snow monsters, sea monsters, zombie pirates, flying Lions... and I'm only about 1/3 thru haha ...the statue will be epic

That is good news for you both and me as well, only a few days in between now. I was thinking I may have waited too long, but looks perfect now. Thanks for the update

That is good news for you both and me as well, only a few days in between now. I was thinking I may have waited too long, but looks perfect now. Thanks for the update

I'm sure this is only few of several WL conversions with SDCC coming and all. People r getting late conversions for Harley Quinn, though the EX for RS is much appealing.

:hi5: Awesome!! Ex looks amazing! :D!

:hi5: agree, IMHO, it's the way to go.

With the ES so high and its looking like August-September could be very busy, there will be more conversions. The EX on this one is a keeper though.

Back