Red Skull IS HERE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I didn't realize how many people recieved damaged pieces.

Mine came in absolutely perfect. :) wheww..

I just figured I would give an update. My Red Skull PF EX. replacement is scheduled for Thursday delivery. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that it's mint this time.

My MINT-condition Red Skull EX came today from Sideshow! I was so relieved.

HOWEVER, I don't know how long I'm going to keep him around. I bought him to accompany Captain. But honesty, after being able to finally display him, I'm not sure how long he will stay. The quality is amazing (don't get me wrong) but I'm not sure if he's fitting in with my theme. I think I've mentioned this before but I'm more of a Superhero fan and surrounding him amongst my other Marvel PF's, he stands out like a sore thumb. And since I originally ordered it, I've acquired quite a few more PF's. :D But who knows it may stick around after all. :huh

I'm more of a Superhero fan and surrounding him amongst my other Marvel PF's, he stands out like a sore thumb.

thats the exact reason I did order him.
I dont collect super heroes but collect monsters. Fits great in my collection .... :rock

thats the exact reason I did order him.
I dont collect super heroes but collect monsters. Fits great in my collection .... :rock

Right now, I'm on the fence so we'll see. I know come movie time this guy will soar. And then I'll want him again. :lol So if I don't sell it, worst case scenario I'll box it up. But of all of the Marvel PFs by Sideshow this has been the FIRST villian to an already existing Superhero PF (Captain America.) That's what really attracted me to it. (Now I have the "Yin and Yang" balance.) Mystique isn't really a MAJOR villian and without the other 3 FF PF's, Doom has no one either.

got a question, does the regular versions left hand come off or is it fixed in place?I really need to know because I think some a$$ is trying to scam me on an ebay sell I made.

got a question, does the regular versions left hand come off or is it fixed in place?I really need to know because I think some a$$ is trying to scam me on an ebay sell I made.

All I know is that the Exclusive comes with two detachable hands for interchanging.

I need to check mine, I didn't even try to detached the other hand with the gun!

So Chapter, if the Red Skull becomes a grail (guys i said what if, don't smash me to a million pieces saying "THIS CAN'T EVER HAPPEN, SUCK A$$ RS CANNOT BE THE NEXT GRAIL", i can hear it all ready) but what if, then you would sell him, LOL!!! Then sky rockets to $1500 like the next Doom after the Cap movie, again would u sell him?

I need to check mine, I didn't even try to detached the other hand with the gun!

So Chapter, if the Red Skull becomes a grail (guys i said what if, don't smash me to a million pieces saying "THIS CAN'T EVER HAPPEN, SUCK A$$ RS CANNOT BE THE NEXT GRAIL", i can hear it all ready) but what if, then you would sell him, LOL!!! Then sky rockets to $1500 like the next Doom after the Cap movie, again would u sell him?

I see your point! :D So that's my thing though, should I hold onto him expecting that to happen? I honestly feel that once the Capt. movie comes out or even when the trailer is released, Red Skull will skyrocket. But is it worth holding onto for 2 + years? As long as I get my money back out of it, I'm happy. That's why I need advice! :lol

I see your point! :D So that's my thing though, should I hold onto him expecting that to happen? I honestly feel that once the Capt. movie comes out or even when the trailer is released, Red Skull will skyrocket. But is it worth holding onto for 2 + years? As long as I get my money back out of it, I'm happy. That's why I need advice! :lol

I say enjoy it man! Just put it on display and admire it. I'm sure if it's kept in PERFECT condition and well maintained then you will get your $$ back on it. There's really no difference in a NIB PF and a MINT PF really, IMO :) Both are going to sell for great $$ if they reach the coveted "grail" status :)

Hey guys,

My Red Skull PF statue arrived today, with a broken right leg (sniff sniff) The leg had snapped off just above the boot, I guess from a fall in transit.

Upon examination, the break is actually completely invisible, as it is hidden by the fabic of the trouser, which tucks into the boot.

In fact, when I placed the statue onto the base, he seemed to stand pretty stable with no movement in the broken leg. The metal peg from the booted half of the leg fitted firmly into the hole of the polystone thigh, thus making him quite rigid when on the base.

I'm now faced with a tough decision. The UK dealer I bought from is sold out of this piece (I got the statue for a great price of £160 inc shipping) and they have offered a full refund.

Alternatively they might also offer me some money back if I decided to keep it. Should I keep him and do a repair job, as it is a totally invisible break? If so, any ideas on what would be a good material to use to repair snapped polystone?

Your advice and help is greatly appreciated!

~ D ~

Hey guys,

My Red Skull PF statue arrived today, with a broken right leg (sniff sniff) The leg had snapped off just above the boot, I guess from a fall in transit.

Upon examination, the break is actually completely invisible, as it is hidden by the fabic of the trouser, which tucks into the boot.

In fact, when I placed the statue onto the base, he seemed to stand pretty stable with no movement in the broken leg. The metal peg from the booted half of the leg fitted firmly into the hole of the polystone thigh, thus making him quite rigid when on the base.

I'm now faced with a tough decision. The UK dealer I bought from is sold out of this piece (I got the statue for a great price of £160 inc shipping) and they have offered a full refund.

Alternatively they might also offer me some money back if I decided to keep it. Should I keep him and do a repair job, as it is a totally invisible break? If so, any ideas on what would be a good material to use to repair snapped polystone?

~ D ~

Well, the good thing about polystone is that it breaks clean, so it can be easily repaired (say if you wanted to glue it, etc.).

If he's stable and it doesn't bother you knowing that it's broken there, and that you can't tell, then I say keep it.

Hey guys,

~ D ~

Man that must of been some drop!!! I would say if u could put some slight glue under the break maybe with a super glue pen, no too much when it squeezes it doesn't come out the side, u'd prolly never could tell...

yeah, if you can get a bit of a refund from the seller, and the break will be completely covered with fabric anyway, i would keep it.

cause this is a kickass statue, as most pf's are.

yeah, if you can get a bit of a refund from the seller, and the break will be completely covered with fabric anyway, i would keep it.

cause this is a kickass statue, as most pf's are.

i agree. the break should be an easy fix and is hidden! this is an awesome PF statue. it should get a lot more love from everyone!

Thanks for the advice - you guys rock!

Any tips on what is the best glue for repairing polystone?

Cheers!

~ D ~

Back