RED led Iron Man vs YELLOW led Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane Auction said:
This auction is for a real treasure, one of only two ever made, a prototype of the Iron Man Comiquette featuring working lights built into the armor. Excited about the upcoming Iron Man movie, the development team at Sideshow returned to the previously released Iron Man Comiquette to develop a new edition of the statue, with working lights and a new paint scheme. The working lights were developed before the new paint was ready, and two pieces were produced with the traditional red/gold armor. One of the light-up statues was given to Robert Downey Jr. to celebrate the first day of filming on Iron Man, and the other was reserved for this auction. The Iron Man Comiquette will never be offered for sale with the red/gold color scheme and working lights - this is your opportunity to own a true holy grail.

There may be a similar one made for the film version with light up features but as for the red/gold comic on you only have to read the quote.

Boy do I wish the yellow/gold edition had been a light-up exclusive. I'm just not that big of of a fan of the Stealth costume.

Boy do I wish the yellow/gold edition had been a light-up exclusive. I'm just not that big of of a fan of the Stealth costume.

customize it and commission one of the artists here on the board to do a repaint.

I think the cost involved with getting this repainted into the Red/Gold not to mention the shipping both ways, I think it'd be too much of a hassle personally....not to mention that I think we'll be seeing a light up movie Iron Man in a different pose once that merchandise hits.

customize it and commission one of the artists here on the board to do a repaint.

Yeah, I'm leery of customizing a piece like this. I know there are some incredibly talented people here, but my first choice is to buy, take it out of the box, and put it straight on display....

Indeed this will be a huge pain to customize properly. Not for the timid or novice. There is a good chance anyone trying to do this will completely screw up a beautiful piece. That being said, if you feel up to the challenge go for it. I still have no idea how to go about changing the LEDs. I'm going to wait until it's in hand to decide whether or not to break out the hammer and airbrush.

My wife asked me today why this thing was so cool. I told her that it's eyes glowed red and stuff. She said and I quote "If you don't cancel this thing or get rid of it you will see red come out of my eyes!" LOL! :lol

P.S. She said she tolerates Star Wars, but has never heard of this guy or have ever seen me take interest in him before. This is true I could care less about the Iron Man story accept that he loves his alcohol. Other than that I couldn't tell you a thing about him.

My wife asked me today why this thing was so cool. I told her that it's eyes glowed red and stuff. She said and I quote "If you don't cancel this thing or get rid of it you will see red come out of my eyes!" LOL! :lol

P.S. She said she tolerates Star Wars, but has never heard of this guy or have ever seen me take interest in him before. This is true I could care less about the Iron Man story accept that he loves his alcohol. Other than that I couldn't tell you a thing about him.

sucks you have an in-house moderator. if i ever had a woman tell me what to do i'd say, "hey! shut your mouth and get in that kitchen and make me some pie!" :lol

sucks you have an in-house moderator. if i ever had a woman tell me what to do i'd say, "hey! shut your mouth and get in that kitchen and make me some pie!" :lol

And that'd be the only pie you'd be getting from that point forward........

JS :eek: :monkey3

I posted this pic in the SIM Repaint thread but it appears to be better suited here. Anyway, the image of the R&G is from the auction, you can see that while the LED may be the same color, the clear casing for the lights are yellow on the R&G and red on SIM.

imlights.jpg

i think if we let SS know right now that the light should be yellow on the SIM, they should have enough time to change it.

Back