Premium Format Red Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifting hollow statues will not build muscles...

They display the same as solid statues though.

Large solid statues are a thing of the past with Sideshow me thinks.

And a hollow plastic roto mold figure displays the same as well. Sideshow was able to ask the high prices by adding Gypsum to the mix and called it Polystone. It felt like stone and was heavy. Now we are willing to pay twice as much for Poly-light??? If what it is made of means nothing then 12 inch spawn figures are superior to most statues as they display fantastic. And 1/6 scale ArtFX statues should be all we buy as they are under $100 if what they are made of does not matter.

Heck, I do not have to have them made with quality and weight, I would happily pay $150 for this hulk made of PVC like a Koto statue, If we are going for cheap production lets get the cheap price as well. I would be super happy with this piece for $150 in PVC, it is almost at that level of production quality now so why not just made all the Premium formats plastic from now on.

I do like the sculpt they gave us of Red Hulk but at what point is lowering quality and raising prices become enough?

Nope. Too much money, there is no justification for this high price IMO. Even with Sideshow's inflated prices $449.99 should be the absolute max for this one. But a fair price would be $399.99.

I agree with you 100% SpawnDude... I think the Spawn are the best value, that's what got me into collecting. I paid no mind to weight, just wow by the level of detail it had, plus it was affordable during high school era.

If gonna go PVC, plastic, resin, why not as long we can't tell the difference, unless we picked it up... At the same time, price it accordingly.

And a hollow plastic roto mold figure displays the same as well. Sideshow was able to ask the high prices by adding Gypsum to the mix and called it Polystone. It felt like stone and was heavy. Now we are willing to pay twice as much for Poly-light??? If what it is made of means nothing then 12 inch spawn figures are superior to most statues as they display fantastic. And 1/6 scale ArtFX statues should be all we buy as they are under $100 if what they are made of does not matter.

Heck, I do not have to have them made with quality and weight, I would happily pay $150 for this hulk made of PVC like a Koto statue, If we are going for cheap production lets get the cheap price as well. I would be super happy with this piece for $150 in PVC, it is almost at that level of production quality now so why not just made all the Premium formats plastic from now on.

I do like the sculpt they gave us of Red Hulk but at what point is lowering quality and raising prices become enough?
May I suggest not purchasing the item then?
I'm not getting it but plenty will.

Good luck finding a heavy alternative Hulk statue.

According to Jerry at Pop Culture Shock PVC costs more at these sizes than Polystone until the Edition Sizes get large enough due to the expense of the molds.
He states that PVC is actually a superior product due to it always casting the same and therefore enabling the use of copper paint masks to automate much of the painting instead of by hand.

There has to be some form of alternative to make stuff large like this without it being so expensive.

I wouldn't mind lighter statues especially if it results in better quality and less breakage in shipping, or lower prices. Still there is some (false?) perception of value in a heavier item especially for something like a statue.

Well decided to pass on Rulk. Will prolly only get green one. Although, the grey is very good too.

Just too much $ to get all 3. So will just get the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing with business, if you can sell 1/2 the statues for double the price then you only need 1/2 of your current customer base to buy them to keep the same profits. I wouldn't be surprised to see SS keep raising their prices until they find a point where they can continue with the same profits but have to deal with less customers. Reduces the amount of customers service you have to deal with and with less statues you probably have less QC issues.

Of course I'm just guessing. I just can't see how a PF can cost $150 more then all the other PF's. I know Gladiator Hulk is $600 ($50 more then Red Hulk) but he is also 10" taller... Only thing else I can figure is SS thinks there not going to sell many of these Hulks so they have to raise the price on them :dunno

Here's the thing with business, if you can sell 1/2 the statues for double the price then you only need 1/2 of your current customer base to buy them to keep the same profits. I wouldn't be surprised to see SS keep raising their prices until they find a point where they can continue with the same profits but have to deal with less customers. Reduces the amount of customers service you have to deal with and with less statues you probably have less QC issues.

Of course I'm just guessing. I just can't see how a PF can cost $150 more then all the other PF's. I know Gladiator Hulk is $600 ($50 more then Red Hulk) but he is also 10" taller... Only thing else I can figure is SS thinks there not going to sell many of these Hulks so they have to raise the price on them :dunno

He might be 10 inches taller but the same amount of material went in to making them, just because the Hulk pf's are bent over doesn't mean they aren't that tall scale wise... And 10 inches? Come on, that little gladiator poof at the top does not count to me...

What makes you think any future release will be cheaper or better value for money?
Prices will keep rising.

What I mean is I'm keeping my money for other characters.
There are plenty of premium formats around the corner and if there won't be a hulk statue to my liking than I wont have a hulk statue.

And prices will go up as long as we'll be willing to pay them.
I say it again: Sideshow is testing us with this piece.
If people will buy this statue for 150$ more with nothing in return than you can expect 550$ to be the new premium format price.
If nobodie will buy rulk they will have to do some serious thinking.

Of course I'm just guessing. I just can't see how a PF can cost $150 more then all the other PF's. I know Gladiator Hulk is $600 ($50 more then Red Hulk) but he is also 10" taller... :dunno

Yeah it is hard to swallow when you look at G hulk. The shield is as large as this one, the detail on G hulk and size, sword, helmet, obedience disk, great base, and outfit. Makes you wonder about price....

It isn't a single color. There is a lot of shading and highlighting that are different hues of red. The veins are not even red.

Yes but figuring out if we want it for the price is what we really mean. I want them all, Red the most but not for the price. If they were $50 a piece everybody would be wanting them.

I just don't get this thread at all. Why is height the only measurement of size? In that pose if it was 25-30" it would be waaayy out of scale. What about width and depth? The volume of this statue will be plenty Hulk like.

Oh and 20" & 18lbs? Perfect I won't have to worry about finding a shelf that will fit him and the other Avengers without bowing under all the weight.

Back