Recovery at Serpent Temple - 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I figure MY order basically gets put on hold at least until I'm ready to re-order :lol

But yeah, if there is a NRD, I don't order unless I know I'm getting it no matter what. Thankfully, there aren't very many items like that for me (Bigfoot, Joker PF, Jack Joker, etc) are some of the few I've ordered with a NRD. Its a good policy though to keep things (or at least Exclusives) from getting huge edition sizes. So I'm not really thrilled with the NRD and TBD edition sizes. It should be one or the other IMO.

Is there anyway you can measure how big the top step platform is? the one that beachhead is standing on?

I might like this piece a lot more if there was a second wall at a 90 degree angle (like the other two environments) featuring the detail on the back. Since you have to use foliage to really make this look right, a lot of that will be unseen.

Hmmm.

I don't like it.

A nicely printed landscape backdrop and some aquarium foliage and you would be able to achieve the same look.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to sway anyone from buying this piece.

Hmmm.

I don't like it.

A nicely printed landscape backdrop and some aquarium foliage and you would be able to achieve the same look.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to sway anyone from buying this piece.

No, you're absolutely right. When all is said and done, it's a generic backdrop dio, a clay snake and a mock-satellite wrapped up in a $200 price tag. :lol

LOL. I can say with assurity that a 3 dimensional sculpture is not the same as a printed piece of paper.

That said, this piece is definately overpriced. I don't like how much of the work on the piece is on the back side. It makes sense for something with the open door like the Desert Cache to have detail on multiple sides, but something like this is display one side or the other. I agree it would be better 1)with a second wall and 2)with all the plastic plants.

This one is definately low on my priority. Who knows if I can ever snag it for really cheap.

Definitely overpriced for what you get, but someone who is creative can probably turn this into a really nice diorama.

Lost interest in the environments coming out with the exception of the Arashikage Temple, hopefully they will start doing something a little more familiar to the Joeverse...I would still like to see a scene from the inside of a HQ or Terror Drome to name a couple. The Joe control station looked a bit generic. Watchtower would be killer.

QUICK CELL PIC

Nice set-up you put together there:clap. Did you add something green to the tree trunk? If you did, it definitely adds some nice needed color to it. The carvings on the temple walls are really nicely done. :ideaI think this would be a perfect backdrop for Indy.

I like the detail on it, but it is missing something. The pics shown definitely made it seem more that what it was and you have to make even more of an expense in greenery from your local hobby store to give it more dimension. If it was lower priced, definitely but not 200 bones.

At least the satellite should have lit up with an LED or something...

I like the detail on it, but it is missing something. The pics shown definitely made it seem more that what it was and you have to make even more of an expense in greenery from your local hobby store to give it more dimension. If it was lower priced, definitely but not 200 bones.

At least the satellite should have lit up with an LED or something...

Spend another $50 at Michael's floral department and you're good to go. :monkey1

If I can find this for $70-80 down the road, I might snag it.

That would be OVER half off. I don't think we would see it that low. $100 maybe, but not $70.

Spend another $50 at Michael's floral department and you're good to go. :monkey1

Why $50? Use those 40-50% coupons they have every week and spend $25! :yess:

You should NEVER pay full price for ANYTHING at Michaels unless you need is NOW instead of being able to piece to together over time.

Why $50? Use those 40-50% coupons they have every week and spend $25! :yess:

You should NEVER pay full price for ANYTHING at Michaels unless you need is NOW instead of being able to piece to together over time.

Apparently you don't remember just how much ____ they packed around the dio for the proto shots. :lol

Back