Reconsidering how I order stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am just going to hack Skiman's account info and have everything redirected to me from now on :p

In all seriousness, I still go through SS but I actually think hard about do I really want to pay for that item? Once I have it, will i enjoy it or will it just be a dust collector for me.

Before I got divorced, I would buy everything I thought was cool. I had amassed a great collection but when the divorce happened and I had to get rid of it all, I honestly did not miss it. I did manage to hold a few items but that was because I truly enjoyed them and the judge didn't know about them LOL.

So now I take the mindset, Am I really going to miss it if I sold it after having it? Most of the time the answer is no.

Out of everything I sold off in the divorce, the only things I wish I still had that was SS related was the Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike PF, LSB Iron Man, and the Stealth Iron Man comiquette.

Just curious, why would you have to sell off your collection in a divorce? Would the ex-wife really want half of it? Cant you leave her the kitchen pots and pans and call it even? :lol Was that sexist?

Just curious, why would you have to sell off your collection in a divorce? Would the ex-wife really want half of it?

I'm sure she'd want half the money after they were sold. :lol

Cant you leave her the kitchen pots and pans and call it even? :lol Was that sexist?

Yeah that's uncalled for man. Baby Makers are people too. Have some respect.

Bastards, both of yas! :lol

Maybe she helped pay for them?

I'd have to be pretty pissed off to want every single item sold off and split. I'd just take the LotRs stuff and any Marvel crap he could keep. :D

Would the ex-wife really want half of it?

In this situation the only reason the evil witch would want any of your collectibles is because she'd know how much it would piss you off that she would get them.

~~~Recently, I've canceled everything from SS. The only order I have with them is the Wolverine PF Excl. Everything else I canceled because I know I could save a few bucks buying elsewhere.

Just curious, why would you have to sell off your collection in a divorce? Would the ex-wife really want half of it? Cant you leave her the kitchen pots and pans and call it even? :lol Was that sexist?

Her lawyer was able to prove to the judge that the collection was acquired during the marriage and that the value of it should be put towards her and the kids. In reality it meant - I'm going to make him sell all of his stuff give it to me and make him pay child support, alimony, child care and all of our insurances as well as my credit card debt.

My lawyer was floored by how the judge hammered me.

If he's in Cali, then I believe the law states that the split is 50/50

HA!!! It may state that but the judge didn't see it that way.

I got stuck with all debt, insurance, alimony and childcare.

Word to the wise, make your woman get her own credit cards. NEVER let her put her name on yours. :slap

Her lawyer was able to prove to the judge that the collection was acquired during the marriage and that the value of it should be put towards her and the kids. In reality it meant - I'm going to make him sell all of his stuff give it to me and make him pay child support, alimony, child care and all of our insurances as well as my credit card debt.

My lawyer was floored by how the judge hammered me.

:slap Damn. Might just be cheaper to hire someone to put her down.

I don't think I'll ever get married. I've heard too many horror stories of how over half of them end terribly.

Serious question, IF I were to get married, and I brought into the marriage my collection now, which is a large collection, would that have to be split in half (or sold) if I were to later get divorced (even if I had this collection prior to getting married)?

Serious question, IF I were to get married, and I brought into the marriage my collection now, which is a large collection, would that have to be split in half (or sold) if I were to later get divorced (even if I had this collection prior to getting married)?

No. It was yours before you got married, and my understanding she has no stakes in that property. Of course, you could just use my tactics and threaten their life should they ever try to take your collection.

if i ever got married i'd be divorced for sure by the end of a year. every time i'm in a relationship i can't go for more than a few months before i'm bored with the woman and cast her off. how people stay married for 25+ years is beyond me.

if i ever got married i'd be divorced for sure by the end of a year. every time i'm in a relationship i can't go for more than a few months before i'm bored with the woman and cast her off. how people stay married for 25+ years is beyond me.

You just haven't met the right one. My brother used to talk that way all the time too and he got married young and has been married for a looooooong time.

I don't think I'll ever get married. I've heard too many horror stories of how over half of them end terribly.

I think it's up to 2 out of 3 marriages end in divorce. I think most just jump into marriage anymore. There really isn't a need for it except when you get older and the rules when it comes to social security and insurance come into play.

Most marriages end on a good note and settlements are easy. Then you have the ones that are a real mess. My niece was married for about 5 years and lost everything she had. She and her son moved back in with her parents for awhile till she could get back on her feet. She's now living with another leech. She makes 65,000 a year, which is damn good money around here and she's filing for bankruptcy. Her BF has a good job too, but he pays for nothing. She just doesn't learn.

I'm going wait to get married in the nursing home! :lol

Chicky speaks the truth. In my case, I acquired mine while being married. I didn't have anything but my seabag when I got married. So I went in with nothing and came out with nothing plus all of her bills :huh

If a guy whipped a pre-nup out on me, I wouldn't get married. I don't need to be married that badly that I'd go into it with the idea that it could fail.

I know SS has great customer service when it comes to issues but so does AE. eg. my T-800 came with a paint mark on it's jacket and AE took care of it with no problem.

I broke a wrist peg on my HT Deunan Knute, and they replaced the whole figure for me. AE customer service rules.

I minimized my SSC purchases a while ago. While I can't say its totally about the price increases, that certainly played a big part.
The other issue is space at this point, but I frequently use Alterego or BBTS for when I want something outside of the rare exclusive that i want.

Back