Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
Hey, Here is the version that I purchased. However there’s another version that I don’t have in my hands just yet. Hopefully, this helps. And don’t forget if you want the ultrasmooth version like the high priced version from Shapeways, you can order directly from Ace. I bought a printer for him to use for projects like this.

The size/ scale looks good to me.

0F4F9048-3FEB-426B-9478-8062A8C28ECF.jpg

190F2572-05F5-4E0C-878C-5D55432E9D21.jpeg

Yeah, I have Tessek in hand - size is perfect. I spent like half an hour doing various sized prints before I sent in the dimensions - thankfully it all worked out. Its a gorgeous sculpt - really Ace's best imo.

I'm just waiting on Ace to get a chance to tweak the Tessek hand sculpts then I'll dive into doing him (another board member is sending some fabric too.)

One thing I wasn't prepared for - these 3D print heads STINK.:lol

Leave them out of cabinets and open air for a few weeks.

Ace, is there any way you could tweak your Quarren hand sculpt to make it specific to Tessek? They're a bit more uneven/gnarled and less even/cylindrical - as seen in the ref pics below.

Also, it would be great if you separated out the flatter hands from the "gripping" hands so people could buy one set rather than two (currently it's four hands in one purchase; two flatter and two "gripping".) Even if you offered each hand separately as a single purchase if someone wanted a flatter left hand paired with a gripping right hand.

7AZbk7Y.png

Ace, do you think you'd be able to tweak the Tessek hands by mid-January? I'm hoping to be underway on my full Tessek custom around then.

Should be doable, sorry I'm not that much around at the moment but I'm moving with my studio together with two colleagues and it's more work than anticipated. So I try to get my work done, doing renovations and the whole 3D printing stuff at the same time. I'll get to it though, I haven't forgotten, just can't make the time right now and decembre is always super busy for sculptors as people seem to remember just now, they need their commissions made asap, preferably yesterday....

Should be doable, sorry I'm not that much around at the moment but I'm moving with my studio together with two colleagues and it's more work than anticipated. So I try to get my work done, doing renovations and the whole 3D printing stuff at the same time. I'll get to it though, I haven't forgotten, just can't make the time right now and decembre is always super busy for sculptors as people seem to remember just now, they need their commissions made asap, preferably yesterday....

Great! Yeah, I always imagine you're pretty swamped most of the time!

Even end of January would be fine for the Tessek hands. Here's another few ref pics in addition the ones I reposted above. Seems like there's a small ridge along each finger (like what runs along the sides of a squid body) and he actually has little suction cups on the inner side of the fingers - seems very squid!

Ras0nct.png

^

Internet hi-fi! I’m very glad to see that there’s actually interest.

Yes, that is on Ace’s list, but lower priority. He is currently very busy right now.

But I have to admit that we are both very disappointed that more people are not ordering. :(

Your Bistan custom is absolutely insane.

I think RO has some of the best alien designs in decades. Two Tubes is, for me, the best alien I've seen since the original Star Wars. I wouldn't know where to begin as far as putting an outfit together but I would love to build/bash that figure for my shelf somehow.

Oh, and I prefer Benthic to Edrio...

tumblr_oppqfo5yZZ1r3v33jo2_540.gif

Thank you so much! That is very encouraging. We do have some surprises in store and will reveal new items relatively soon.

I did try an experimental kit bash of Two tubes, but it definitely did not look as good as the character. But that is not keeping us from at least attempting the head.

Thank you again. I hope to be able to reveal many things in January.

I will be ordering after the holidays, been busy and distracted. I will most definitely be ordering the updated Tessek hands whenever those get updated and most likely a lot of others.

Back