Ready Player One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless my kids want me to see this I ain't, except for Netflix DVD queue ...back to pong and breakout

Coming out in March? That doesn't sound like a movie the studio has any faith in.

I think it looks like utter trash, but what do I know? I'm a bitter, cynical, out of touch old man.

Coming out in March? That doesn't sound like a movie the studio has any faith in.

I think it looks like utter trash, but what do I know? I'm a bitter, cynical, out of touch old man.

Actually March is the new movie month. Lots of movies are starting to come out during March now. Pretty decent movies to

Yeah, I'm very much on the fence with this one. It certainly doesn't feel like a return to the Spielberg glory days to me. Curious enough to check it out on Netflix, but not enough to see it in theaters.

I Think it will be a fun movie. like guardians of the galaxy. a fun sci fi adventure

March release tells me all I need to know.

It's Spielberg. No summer? There's a problem.

I remember they moved it to avoid TLJ the week before Christmas. The Matrix almost 20 years ago did set the precedent of mid/late April as the "early summer" release date, but yeah - March is probably second only to August as the "hmm, we're not 100% behind this movie."

It was fascinating to read several articles about The BFG and how even a titan like Spielberg got his movie - well, not dumped, but sidelined without a major push (which at that level is kinda like dumped.) Many were shocked, but it showed Spielberg needed the studio more than they needed him - like they didn't care about creating bad blood with him going forward. And the movie was Spileberg's farewell to Melissa Mathison (who passed away during shooting,) who wrote it and E.T., so he really cared about the movie.

You have to wonder if WB is doing the same with this - still a big release, but maybe 25% less screens and 50% marketing budget to hedge things a bit, all in the much less competitive and intensely watched month of March. It's really odd it wasn't moved to the Summer. It all probably signals that WB isn't all that excited about the finished movie, but still have a Spielberg movie based on a big book to sell.

Spielberg or no Spielberg, it just looks like a boring movie we've all seen before. Big CGI video game races and action sequences. Oh, but remember the 80s? That's it...that's the hook? I'm supposed to get all excited cause the Delorean is in it?

This looks just like Valerian except it has the Iron Giant in it. I think it will underperform, if not flop altogether. Cause do kids or teens give a crap about seeing fake CGI renditions of old 80s movies? Are 40-somethings gonna go flock to this in droves to feel that precious little dopamine hit of nostalgia? Who is this movie for?

Delorean? It it wasn't for BTTF no one would care for those junk heaps.

Iron Giant? Never saw it.

I like the things I'm supposed to remember, but nothing about the movie is making me want to see it. Will I when that weekend rolls around? :dunno

I could've sworn it was jan and feb and september. I keep hearing March is the new movie month but hey.

I could've sworn it was jan and feb and september. I keep hearing March is the new movie month but hey.

Hollywood is telling you March is cool now. :lol

Well we'll soon see.

Jan and Sept are other dead months -- but Sept gets the notoriety of being the start of the Oscar movies. Jan just sucks, post holidays. March might be good for comedies or light fair -- pre summer crush stuff -- but its generally the films that couldn't quite hold up against the summer's heavy hitters.

When did Spielberg's BFG open?

This will bomb and Spielberg will go to Indy 5 next hoping for a big hit(big mistake)

This will bomb and Spielberg will go to Indy 5 next hoping for a big hit(big mistake)

I fear that's true. Spielberg wants to retain the value to his name and at this point there's only two ways of doing that: 1) make a great movie, or 2) return to your greatest hits.

Most go back to their hits.

Back