Reading List?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just read old man logan

all I can say is meh, I've read better

all the fights are 3 panels long & the plot felt rushed. I've already forgotten it

I give it a 6/10

now on to read kick ass

l just bought a book on screenwriting off ebay. its supposed to be one of the top 5 best books explaining screen writing. hopefully it is.

I'm reading The Black Hand by Will Thomas. It is a basically a book series about a detective, forgive me, a Private Enquiry Agent and his assistant. It draws on Sherlock Holmes alot, but adds alot of flair. I think the recent Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ would have been better suited to be based on this character than Holmes.

Always listen to your dad. And me. :lol

The only Stephen King story where I didn't like either the book or the movie was Cujo. They were both awful.

Reading two books at the moment:

The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson

Second book in his trilogy. Really loved the first one and this one is shaping up to be just as good.

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris

The latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I find her books to be rather light, easy reads. I enjoyed the ending of the last book and I'm looking forward to see where Harris goes with the story.

Two books?! You're crazy! :lol

I don't think I want to read any of the True Blood books. Not yet anyway.

Two books?! You're crazy! :lol

I don't think I want to read any of the True Blood books. Not yet anyway.

Well the Sookie books are such easy reads - that I can get through it in a couple days. They are fun books. And to be honest, I imagine they probably appeal more to a female audience.

Well the Sookie books are such easy reads - that I can get through it in a couple days. They are fun books. And to be honest, I imagine they probably appeal more to a female audience.

Funny thing is I got my sister into the show. She has been a big fan of the books for a long time and has them all. She got me to read the first one and I quite halfway through it. Definately a girl/romance type to me. I got tired of reading about her and Bill doing the nasty :lol

I don't want to read them just because I don't want to know anything that might happen on the show.

Reading two books at the moment:

The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson

Second book in his trilogy. Really loved the first one and this one is shaping up to be just as good.

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris

The latest book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I find her books to be rather light, easy reads. I enjoyed the ending of the last book and I'm looking forward to see where Harris goes with the story.

How is The Girl Who Played with Fire? It is on my wishlist and I have a friend who just bought it.

I've got the first Sookie Stackhouse book on my wishlist too. Curiosity compels me since True Blood is so popular.

Anyone read or start the Left Behind series? Worth the read? Is there A LOT of religious stuff?

I read the first 5 books a long time ago. It's a Christian book series, so yes...pretty religious. I have no problem with religious stories and would have continued with this series except it was just too darn predictable (and I'm not just talking about the ultimate ending that the series was setting up for), that I just got bored with it and didn't continue. They were pretty easy reads though and some of the characters were interesting.

I read them, it is chock full o' religion. My biggest problem is that the writing was poor and like CA said it wasn't all that interesting. It got to a point where it seemed pretty obvious they were dragging things out in order to make the series longer. But they aren't horrible so give it a shot, you may like them.

I read the first 5 books a long time ago. It's a Christian book series, so yes...pretty religious. I have no problem with religious stories and would have continued with this series except it was just too darn predictable (and I'm not just talking about the ultimate ending that the series was setting up for), that I just got bored with it and didn't continue. They were pretty easy reads though and some of the characters were interesting.

I read them, it is chock full o' religion. My biggest problem is that the writing was poor and like CA said it wasn't all that interesting. It got to a point where it seemed pretty obvious they were dragging things out in order to make the series longer. But they aren't horrible so give it a shot, you may like them.

Thanks! You said enough that will make me pass. I am almost done with the Saga of Seven Suns so I need another series of books to read next. That is a shame cause I liked the idea of Left Behind.

Yeah it has a great idea behind it. Are you looking for a series where each book is like a chapter in a larger story, or are you looking for a series with (more or less) stand alone books?

I recommend Jim Butcher's Codex Alera for the first. Excellent fantasy series (if you like fantasy) or if you prefer Sci-Fi I just finished Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet series and I thought it was very enjoyable.

For a stand alone series I love Butcher's Harry Dresden books. There urban fantasy and he does a fantastic job modernizing folklore and fantasy aspects and really making it seem plausible. Plus his writing style is funny as hell.

Yeah it has a great idea behind it. Are you looking for a series where each book is like a chapter in a larger story, or are you looking for a series with (more or less) stand alone books?

I recommend Jim Butcher's Codex Alera for the first. Excellent fantasy series (if you like fantasy) or if you prefer Sci-Fi I just finished Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet series and I thought it was very enjoyable.

For a stand alone series I love Butcher's Harry Dresden books. There urban fantasy and he does a fantastic job modernizing folklore and fantasy aspects and really making it seem plausible. Plus his writing style is funny as hell.

I think I am looking for a series where the story continues with each book so like you said a chapter in a large story. I don't mind fantasy but I am on a Sci-Fi kick right now. I heard some good stuff about the Lost Fleet series.

Back