Reading List?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^

I'm planning to pick it up as well. I was weary of it at first, too many vampire books on the market these days, but Stephen King seems to really recommend it. His endorsement shot it to the top of my read list.

Just read Blockade Billy, fun fast read.

I'm currently reading an alternate history series of books by Robert Conroy...

0345506073.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

1945.jpg

rilg.jpg

I love this kind of stuff! :D

I would very highly recommend the Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan...probably the best fantasy series I have ever read; The Eye of the World is the first book. If you decide to read them, get ready to use Wikipedia alot at first because there is a pretty large character list.

I just finished reading the three Darth Bane books and they were so, so and I am currently reading book two of the Twilight War trilogy, Shadowstorm, but anything I read right now is just to kill time until Towers of Midnight comes out in October.

I would very highly recommend the Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan...probably the best fantasy series I have ever read; The Eye of the World is the first book. If you decide to read them, get ready to use Wikipedia alot at first because there is a pretty large character list.

I just finished reading the three Darth Bane books and they were so, so and I am currently reading book two of the Twilight War trilogy, Shadowstorm, but anything I read right now is just to kill time until Towers of Midnight comes out in October.

Have you ever read the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin? There's only 4 books in the series so far...

A Game of Thorns
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast For Crows

It's a fantastic fantasy series. The wait for new installments can be long (it's been almost 5 years since the last one was released), but so far it's been worth the wait. There are a projected 3 more books to come in the series, and the author updates from time to time on the progress of the current book (A Dance of Dragons).

I tried to get into Jordan's series once, but it just wasn't my type of fantasy series. I do know that many love and adore it though.

I was looking into that series the other day. I may give it a try. I have a hard time waiting in between installments though. I like to wait until all the books are out or close to being out before getting into them.

Jordan's series turned me off because alot of reviewers make it sound like he was dragging things out to write more books. I hate it when authors do that so that was a turn off for me.

I'm about 100 pages into 'Heart-Shaped Box' by Joe Hill and am quite enjoying it so far. Creepy at times and the characters/story are quite compelling. Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

Plus, I'm on the 7th trade paperback for the Fables Comic. The plot(s) are pretty predictable in this series (thus far), but I'm enjoying the ride of the stories and characters ten fold.

Back