Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best thing is to have a web-page reference as to what class each animal is, and what weapon/ammo to use. So many times I've messed up because of silly mistakes like assuming the correct combo for an animal.

Has anyone had the american horror story reference or the taking the guy to the doctor? I highly suggest if you come across that you stay with him in the doctors :rotfl

This game is insane! Can't praise it enough.

Yeah I randomly came across the doctor visit. Hadn't been to the town through natural story progression and really did want to wait before spoilering town information, but once you have a random stranger mission you want to finish it.

I had a weird occurrence straight out of Deliverance when I prematurely went looking for the Trapper and used youtube to pinpoint his location in the east area of the map. I decided to set up camp not far from the Trapper and then do a manual save. Next thing these two random yokels snuck up on me threatening to remove me of my life savings and no doubt my innocence if I ever came back to their territory again..

Didn't enjoy the first one, but a lot of my friends and coworkers are saying its awesome...even a couple of people who did not like the first one like me.
Think its time to give it a try ;)

I highly advise anyone who comes across the guy near camp who has been bitten by a snake to help him out, then talk to him in front of the gun smith's shop in Valentine later as its well worth it.

Yeah, helping out randoms will later bag you one free purchase at a store they have credit at. You don't need to spend a lot on guns as you will pick them up as the story progresses.

I came across these KKK bozos and their leader near the second camp, and was about to blow them away when one of them set themselves on fire lighting a cross. Later you see two of them trying to lift it and it falls and crushes them to death. :rotfl

I highly advise anyone who comes across the guy near camp who has been bitten by a snake to help him out, then talk to him in front of the gun smith's shop in Valentine later as its well worth it.

tks, I already helped him out but haven't talked to him in front of the gun shop yet. Will do that tonight.

I'm surprised at the lack of Rockstar figures as a whole.

Grand Theft Auto V best selling game ever, not a single figure other than third party stuff.

Red Dead Redemption 1, one of the most popular and a great selling game, not a single figure that I know of. Now we have part 2, which is a massive hit and nothing.

I'd buy ever scale they'd release in.

Rockstar obviously loves milking Grand Theft Auto Online with the shark cards and multiple new releases a year, you'd think they'd jump on the collectible figure market with all their franchises.

Yeah, it is very weird. You would think that a 'legacy' type line of figures and/or statues based on the key characters from their most popular franchises and titles would be easy money at this point, particularly in an age where traditional geek culture has become so popular and mainstream. So yeah, I really don't get it either. I mean when you think about it, we spend more time with many of these video game characters than we ever will with most of our favourite film characters over the years, which is part of the reason why so many video game characters leave every bit as big an impression on us, especially when we have been on their journey with them, rather than just being a passive spectator of their story.

But yeah, a John Marston figure (plus an Undead Nightmare variant) and an Arthur Morgan figure would both be day one purchases for me, Hell I'd even buy Red Harlow from the original game too, if they made him. But at this stage that's probably about as likely as getting a new Manhunt game... :lol

Sideshow did make that one odd GTA figure a few years ago, so Rockstar isn’t necessarily opposed to them. McFarlane seems real interested in video game figures lately so I’d say the are most likely to do them, if anyone.

I don’t think R* allows it.

They make so much money, they simply don’t care about the doll crowd.

The one thing that really annoys with this game: the inconvenient times the games asks if its ok to save over a save-file.

Overall, it's a pretty damn good game. Definitely slow-paced. But, that's ok. And it's very well polished considering size/scope.

I don’t think R* allows it.

They make so much money, they simply don’t care about the doll crowd.

Maybe these characters, as much as iconic as they would be, are just "basic" type for you to fill-in. Yes, they have backstory and characteristics but it's not like they're so special or anything. They're but generic guys/gals in your daily life who got involved in abnormal circumstances. Easier to related to, I mean. These characters have no fancy weapons or anything that'll attract collectors to actually buy them, aside from die-hard fans of course.
FYI toy companies tend to produce collectible items from their accessories/ looks. The weirder, the better. That's why we got Assassin's Creed/ Superheroes/ Nier/ Fallout but not much of Tomb Raider/ GTA/ Red Dead.
Just my two cents.

has anyone had their horse not be their horse? Game turned my war horse into horse 1, but different color coat.....weird.

was it in a stable or was it your daily mount? have'nt had that happen to me yet but it is wierd. currently riding the one Hosea gave me on our first trip to the stables.

The one thing that really annoys with this game: the inconvenient times the games asks if its ok to save over a save-file.

Overall, it's a pretty damn good game. Definitely slow-paced. But, that's ok. And it's very well polished considering size/scope.

Dude, that is so annoying!

I was recording a video to use in a montage I'm making and the damn thing was ruined by the damn safe thing. I was so irritated. I've gotten to the point, where I erase the auto save anytime I reload one of my manual saves and it never asks that anymore.

It pissed me off so bad because I was doing something for a video and I got it perfect and then that happened.

was it in a stable or was it your daily mount? have'nt had that happen to me yet but it is wierd. currently riding the one Hosea gave me on our first trip to the stables.

Daily mount at the time.

So, I only have two horses in the game. The default one and my War Horse, which is a big white one. I had left my War Horse (whom I named Silver - very original) at Camp, saved the game for a couple hours and exited for a bit.

Next time I loaded game up War Horse is same kind as the default horse with the name Silver. Initally thought I grabbed wrong horse in camp.

Went to the stable, and horse 1 is the same, with same name. War Horse is gone and replaced by this 'new, smaller' horse. Not even white.

Annoying but what are you gonna do?

Dude, that is so annoying!

I was recording a video to use in a montage I'm making and the damn thing was ruined by the damn safe thing. I was so irritated. I've gotten to the point, where I erase the auto save anytime I reload one of my manual saves and it never asks that anymore.

It pissed me off so bad because I was doing something for a video and I got it perfect and then that happened.

Far as the auto save, Rockstar could stand to do some improvements to that, like give option for an auto-resave or some such. Hate getting asked at the worst times.

Last edited:
Back