Re-Releasing of Previous Sold-out Pieces: Thoughts? Opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, the XM Boba is too flashy for me. It feels like the asked a five year old to describe to them an action scene with Boba Fett in it. Too busy.
Sure, and that's fine, but the point is as opposed to just reissuing something, why not use the creative people on your staff to create an entirely new PF? I don't get why that doesn't seem to resonate with anyone else (and again, I guess it reinforces Sideshow's decision not to bother creating anything new since their audience is satisfied with reissues), but irrelevant as I don't buy PFs and SSC will be getting less of my 1:6 dollars anyway.

Maybe they're broke. :dunno

Personally, I don't give a **** about any of this. Only thing I genuinely care about is getting Walrus Man and Power Droid figures.

I think you've missed my point. The main attraction of the original bust isn't the dome display, it's the Anakin portrait. If someone wanted a authentic replica, neither bust comes close. They are both stylized interpretations or Vader.

For authenticity you'll need to find either the Master Replicas or EFX buckets.

Exactly. We all know by now that Sideshow is not known for accuracy, but mostly for their "artistic interpretation". So no matter what Vader bust you have there will be room for improvement.

Back