Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day off from Daredevil today, doing some un-boxing! Doom looks great, the magnets definitely feel loose, I don't feel comfortable carrying/moving the state from room to room with the head and arm attached. Definitely investing in those rare earth magnets. EX hand paint is slightly lighter but not as bad as one previous photo a member here posted, so no complaints there. The right (his left) cape holder isn't as secure as the opposite one, feels loose, but it's not a big issue. Working on posing the cape later today or tonight for more pics. Statue is not as heavy and feels almost like the Red Skull PF weight, maybe a little heavier but hard to tell. Coming from 1/6, I'm used to posing figures so I enjoy playing around the hood and cape, for me it's fun. Other than those things mentioned, he looks great out the box! :wink1:

When I first got him I fanned his cape completely (which of itself looks boss) then I left it like that so the fabric dropped. after 48 hours I reposed it almost no wrinkles. Looks dope. I look forward to seeing how you decide to pose it later

Day off from Daredevil today, doing some un-boxing! Doom looks great, the magnets definitely feel loose, I don't feel comfortable carrying/moving the state from room to room with the head and arm attached. Definitely investing in those rare earth magnets. EX hand paint is slightly lighter but not as bad as one previous photo a member here posted, so no complaints there. The right (his left) cape holder isn't as secure as the opposite one, feels loose, but it's not a big issue. Working on posing the cape later today or tonight for more pics. Statue is not as heavy and feels almost like the Red Skull PF weight, maybe a little heavier but hard to tell. Coming from 1/6, I'm used to posing figures so I enjoy playing around the hood and cape, for me it's fun. Other than those things mentioned, he looks great out the box! :wink1:

Mine was as well. So I carefully trimmed the material around the opening on the tunic as some of it was being tucked back in the square hole when I put the medallion on. I also had some polystone in the square hole, so I removed that. Once all that was done it fit great! You might want to check that out on yours.....looks great, don't he? I know there's no regrets here!

Mine was as well. So I carefully trimmed the material around the opening on the tunic as some of it was being tucked back in the square hole when I put the medallion on. I also had some polystone in the square hole, so I removed that. Once all that was done it fit great! You might want to check that out on yours.....looks great, don't he? I know there's no regrets here!

I tried placing the cape holder in the hole without the cape and saw that it was still a bit loose, so since the hood had some loose fabric to futz around with, I ended up letting some of that slip into the hole when putting in the cape holder to "fill out the gap" and it worked perfectly, now it feels secure like the opposite one. Here's a quick straight down look since he's standing still, I'm going to experiment with some more dynamic poses "in the wind" and do some research on how artists have drawn him. :wink1:

Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-616)_from_Thor_Vol_1_600.jpg

Excellent pictures all. Is this the first wired cape PF SSC has ever made

I do see alot of hood on this guy which I think is a little excessive but I love what alot of you guys are doing. Also, I'm fairly certain that alot of folks are going to show us some ridiculously great cape work when all is said and done on this fella. RossMcCollector already nailed it so I think everyone who replicates that thing of beauty should say here's My SSC RMC Edition Doom PF!

Other collectors will probably know more, but I know my Red Skull PF had a wired coat, if that counts. I posed it so that when you look at the statue from the top down (which we never do, but it's my own personal easter egg), it forms the HYDRA symbol/logo with his EX head as the red skull. :wink1:

Excellent pictures all. Is this the first wired cape PF SSC has ever made

I do see alot of hood on this guy which I think is a little excessive but I love what alot of you guys are doing. Also, I'm fairly certain that alot of folks are going to show us some ridiculously great cape work when all is said and done on this fella. RossMcCollector already nailed it so I think everyone who replicates that thing of beauty should say here's My SSC RMC Edition Doom PF!

:lol :rotfl
I seriously laughed out loud bro!!!
Thank you for the compliment!!! I really love how each one looks different than the other. It's like SSC having us being the final sculptor, and adding our last touch to it.

I'm pretty proud of the way I got my cape to look but not as proud as my Red Skull coat work ha. I managed to get that perfect to my liking.

And I think the first Emma Frost PF might have been the first posable cape.

I like that last pic.. the cape looks good just droping down naturally.

Hit the dreaded Friday UPS delivery. Was at work and now have to pick up on Monday! 196syyrr7el6cjpg.jpg

i saw him in a comic store close to my home and is a pain in the @ss try to wearing him, u need patiently if u want that cloths look kool on him and when i mean patiently is patiently :p

Just got my Doom back from the shop. Didn't really have time to mess with his cape or take a decent pic.

Someone asked for pics of the heads and I asked a while back if this coloring differential is par for the course. Anyone? Here's my offering:

Back