Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The statue itself looks stunning. But i'm really bothered by the hood and cape. It looks like one of those capes with pointed hoods worn by the hobbits in the lord of the rings. I guess with good fussing it might look way better than whats shown in the pics.

The cape and hood are adjustable. My hood doesn't point straight up like in some of the pics we've seen posted.

Now, I'm seriously considering this one. I just have WAY too much stuff as is!!!!! :(

This piece is going to be the next big thing...people are realizing now how great it's, and the posing possibilities are endless with the cape and the hoodie. Get it while you can Chap!!

Plus it's Doom, and I'm not sure if anyone else is allowed to release another version since FOX owns it's rights, and Marvel won't allow it!!!

Gotta say I didn't expect it to be as good as it is, always liked the doom on throne but no way can I justify paying 3k-4k for A character Im not that attached to, but this doom pf ex does the job for me! Wish the base was just a rock version of what it is and it would have been A home run for me still A solid 8 out 10 for me!

Man, can't wait to get mine! Than have it taken away again from me, because I am going on a repaint on his armor. Looks kinda dull now, with little detail. The repaint is going to give it a more metal look.

My exclusive arm is a completely different colour from the regular and the rest of the arm. It seems like the exclusive arm is far too shiny and is just one sole colour, rather than shaded in parts.

It seems the same looking at those Smooth Criminal pictures too.

Has anyone read DoomWar, and is it worth a purchase?

My exclusive arm is a completely different colour from the regular and the rest of the arm. It seems like the exclusive arm is far too shiny and is just one sole colour, rather than shaded in parts.

I hope that's not the case with everyone's EX hand... can anyone else confirm?

This piece is going to be the next big thing...people are realizing now how great it's, and the posing possibilities are endless with the cape and the hoodie. Get it while you can Chap!!

Plus it's Doom, and I'm not sure if anyone else is allowed to release another version since FOX owns it's rights, and Marvel won't allow it!!!

After having some time to put this Doom on display and look him over, I have to say he's amazing in every way. This is the best 1/4 Doom statue I have ever seen. For me, the pose is majestic and menacing at the same time. The swap out portraits are fantastic and the fact his hood and cape can be adjusted adds to your display options. While the base certainly could have been better, it doesn't take anything away from the figure itself because it looks so good. I've always felt a great looking base adds a lot to a piece. However, if a base looks fantastic but the figure doesn't, it's an automatic pass for me personally.

I have waited a long time for a standing Doom in 1/4 scale. This PF was definitely worth the wait. Thanks to SSC and Ray Villafane for such an incredible statue. I'm a big fan of Ray's work. I hope there's more PFs coming from Ray in the near future. The man is a phenomenal talent.

It does seem to be a bit lighter. My EX does have shading on it but it's on the inside part of the arm. It probably would have looked better if they put it on his outer arm where everyone can see it. However, other parts of his armor are lighter too (knees and shoulders) so it doesn't look out of place to me personally.

I wonder if Doom and Red Skull PFs can fit in a BESTA together or must they be separated?

I have a Besta cabinet with adjustable shelves. I have this Doom PF displayed right next to the recent Red Skull PF and they fit with no problem.

I had a rough time with the cape. Mainly because one of those chest pins refuses to lock into place. Any suggestions?
Besides that I think he is awesome!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364150.986055.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364150.986055.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 163
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364162.852759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364162.852759.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 165
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364168.737178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364168.737178.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 164
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364176.338665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438364176.338665.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 165

With Doom and Batgirl, July was a very good month for my SideShow PF's. :clap

This was my first Sideshow statue and I am very pleased with it.
Any suggestions on a base I can use to display the alt head on?
Hate to leave such an amazing sculpt in the box.
Also he isnt leaning I just took a quick pic at a weird angle.
cym3pMW.jpg

Anyone else have this thing going on? Not sure if normal or not! Looks like my Doom's right foot (peg foot) doesn't go all the way into it's hole? It can't go any deeper because his left foot is already resting on the elevated part of the base.

Imgur

Anyone else have this thing going on? Not sure if normal or not! Looks like my Doom's right foot (peg foot) doesn't go all the way into it's hole? It can't go any deeper because his left foot is already resting on the elevated part of the base.

Imgur

Actually with a pit more manuevering it looks a bit better. It still seems to be about 1mm or a bit less above the base though?

Why must you tempt me?!? :lol

I'll definitely consider it for sure. Need to stay away from this thread.

Back