Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you back from your vacation? Italy wasn't it? How was it?

My Doom will be here on the 3rd.....

Yes I'm back. I did 16 days in Sicily. Stayed at my home that I have their, but took a road trip across the whole Island. It was awesome. Thanks for asking.
I'm looking forward to getting my Doom. Will always be on the hunt for the original PF, but I'm digging this. I would take a custom base though. And there is something about him having the Infinity Gauntlet or Cosmic Cube that just makes me want custom pieces of it.

Yes I'm back. I did 16 days in Sicily. Stayed at my home that I have their, but took a road trip across the whole Island. It was awesome. Thanks for asking.
I'm looking forward to getting my Doom. Will always be on the hunt for the original PF, but I'm digging this. I would take a custom base though. And there is something about him having the Infinity Gauntlet or Cosmic Cube that just makes me want custom pieces of it.

That. Would. Be. AWESOME!

Are you back from your vacation? Italy wasn't it? How was it?

My Doom will be here on the 3rd.....

Yeah, I'm back. I was actually in Croatia. My parents own a beautiful home on the Adriatic sea. The family and I had a blast. We actually got back at the end of June. I had to have my EX Lobo PF held and shipped to me 2 weeks after they started shipping. Now that I'm back, I'm ready for Doom. He'll be here tomorrow. I also have the modern Thor and Emma PFs on PO and they should be shipping within a few weeks as well. My wallet is gonna take a beating. :lol

Yeah, I'm back. I was actually in Croatia. My parents own a beautiful home on the Adriatic sea. The family and I had a blast. We actually got back at the end of June. I had to have my EX Lobo PF held and shipped to me 2 weeks after they started shipping. Now that I'm back, I'm ready for Doom. He'll be here tomorrow. I also have the modern Thor and Emma PFs on PO and they should be shipping within a few weeks as well. My wallet is gonna take a beating. :lol

Glad you had a great time...sounds like a beautiful place! We were stationed in Libya and were around 400 yards from the Mediterranean sea. I remember riding my bike along the coastal road to the PX to get the latest issue of Amazing Spider-man when they were 12c. They used to stamp the upper left corner in that little box with spider-man standing there with a star to show it was paid for.....

I'm ready for Doom as well, he'll arrive on Monday...he looks awesome. But they did push my Thor flex back 10 days from the 5th of August to the 15th...

Now, THOSE are freakin' awesome pics. Love what you did with the coat. THAT is a Doom PF.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Glad you had a great time...sounds like a beautiful place! We were stationed in Libya and were around 400 yards from the Mediterranean sea. I remember riding my bike along the coastal road to the PX to get the latest issue of Amazing Spider-man when they were 12c. They used to stamp the upper left corner in that little box with spider-man standing there with a star to show it was paid for.....

I'm ready for Doom as well, he'll arrive on Monday...he looks awesome. But they did push my Thor flex back 10 days from the 5th of August to the 15th...

Sounds like a pretty nice place you were at as well. You just can't go wrong any time you are near water. I'm sure those are some special memories when you were a kid. Unfortunately, no comics in Croatia for me to remember as a kid. Not Marvel anyway. They had a character called Zagor that all the kids read at the time. The funny thing is, he's still popular after all these years. Any newstand I went to recently sold Zagor comics. :lol So, not much improvement over the years. I always had to wait until I got back to the States to get my comic fix. When I was a kid my parents would take me to Croatia for the whole summer. That would mean 3 months worth of comics to read when I got back. Thankfully, I always had a LCS that put issues away for me.

I haven't heard anything on Thor yet. I'm still scheduled for a final flex payment on Aug 5th. Wouldn't surprise me if they send me a delay notice soon. At least Doom arrives today. I'm certainly looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Man, shipping from AEC is almost 1/2 that of SSC, but it's not the EX version :gah:

My credit card declined from a premium art print charge so it will probably decline on this waitlist conversion as well...

I can't help but see the RE now as Doom playing air-guitar so I really want the EX :lol

These next few months are going to be rough. I really wish my Batman PF will sell since I was able to get the last surprise EX a month ago.

Man, shipping from AEC is almost 1/2 that of SSC, but it's not the EX version :gah:

My credit card declined from a premium art print charge so it will probably decline on this waitlist conversion as well...

I can't help but see the RE now as Doom playing air-guitar so I really want the EX :lol

These next few months are going to be rough. I really wish my Batman PF will sell since I was able to get the last surprise EX a month ago.

If you have another CC or charge source, you can call them and they'll run it through that.

If you have another CC or charge source, you can call them and they'll run it through that.

I sent payment today so hopefully it clears. The email I received this morning gave me only until today before they rerun the card so I thought that was weird.... usually they give like a day or two or more, but it literally said the 30th and I received that email this morning on the 30th :lol

I'm so tempted to order the RE from AEC since the shipping is almost $20 less on top of the $15 discount already applied to pre-order, but people seem to be pushing for the gun in hand look, and it does look good, especially after someone else's comment about the air guitar on the RE :lol :thud:

A few of my quick pictures. So far I like the different ways you can pose the cape.

Agreed!!!!!!

7ac.jpg56957271.jpg

Glad your back also Bro. I love Italy, I was in Venice for a few weeks and it was awesome. I love me some calamari!

I would definitely be in for a gauntlet or cube switch out hand/forearm

I can feel a conversion email coming... I feel it :pray:

you're probably right....seeing i just canceled my exclusive order for it.gave it some thought, looked at peoples pics posted yesterday, and decided i wasn't impressed with it enough. just not feelin it. so hopefully one of ya'll will get the conversion. good luck.

Doom arrived on my B-day!!!! lol
Love this piece, and very strong presence. The more you futz, the more you get out of him. Highly recommended!!!!

IMG_3352_0538_zpskm54pie7.jpg

IMG_3358_0540_zpsqqi0jlco.jpg

Got #50.

Attachments

• DSC02016.JPG
    DSC02016.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC02019.JPG
    DSC02019.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02022.JPG
    DSC02022.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC02027.JPG
    DSC02027.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 136

Doom arrived on my B-day!!!! lol
Love this piece, and very strong presence. The more you futz, the more you get out of him. Highly recommended!!!!

IMG_3352_0538_zpskm54pie7.jpg

IMG_3358_0540_zpsqqi0jlco.jpg

Like your cape pose. Looks good. I just like messing with the cape trying different things.

Back