Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When it comes to buying SS pieces, the ES doesn't matter to me anymore... I know going in that there will probably be lots of statues made not to mention variants down the road...

Last edited:

Not really. They are giving you an option of canceling with a full refund. No one is stuck with the statue and an increased edition size. I'm definitely keeping mine. While I liked the smaller ES, this is an amazing looking Doom. I can't wait to add him to my collection.

It is though. Yes, it's good they give the option for a full refund. But it is still shady to advertise one thing for months and then 3 days before it ships say "oh hey by the way, it's 50% less limited than we told you! But you still like it and us right?"

Assuming it is an accident, then it makes me more wary of their QC if nobody in the entire company over the last 7 months has caught the mistake lol.

Having said that, I'm still interested and still keeping the order.

Me too. Don't care. It's meaningless to me.

Bring on Doom :rock

That's the attitude I like to see.

You either love Doom or Doom will destroy you!!! :lol

It's definitely a sizable error, but Sideshow rectified it. And shouldn't be a big issue, IMO. I don't collect for ES. It helps sure, making the purchase sometimes more enticing, but it never makes or breaks a piece for me.

No disrespect to those though that is does bother.

Soon when this was shown I was kind of not a fan. I think it had to do with me looking at the legendary scale over and over and over. I just seen some production pics... he looks fantastic. I think I may get one.

I got this and Jean charging on the same day. Which one should i cancel? Don't think i can afford both.

I got this and Jean charging on the same day. Which one should i cancel? Don't think i can afford both.

Pick which character you like best. If you are a big X-MEN fan and have a solid collection of those characters, I'd say pick Jean. If your not, I'd pick Doom. IMO, Doom looks better.

It is though. Yes, it's good they give the option for a full refund. But it is still shady to advertise one thing for months and then 3 days before it ships say "oh hey by the way, it's 50% less limited than we told you! But you still like it and us right?"

Assuming it is an accident, then it makes me more wary of their QC if nobody in the entire company over the last 7 months has caught the mistake lol.

Having said that, I'm still interested and still keeping the order.

I guess we just have a different definition of bait and switch. You are still being offered the statue that was put up for PO. There has been no changes to the statue itself. Only the amount being made has changed. You are not getting sold an inferior product (nor getting stuck with it). That's always been my definition of bait and switch.

Look, I don't believe for a minute that SSC didn't know about the ES being cut all those months ago. The most likely case is that this Doom PF is selling so they went back to the original ES. Would I have liked for SSC to keep the ES at 1000? Sure. Does it bother me that they went back to the original 1500? No. I still would have ordered this PF if the ES stayed at 1500. I wanted this Doom PF. I think he looks great. Anyone that's not happy with the ES going back to 1500 is being offered a full refund. I think that's fair.

I don't know how they could make a mistake? They posted 1500 ES. Low sales. Lowered ES to 1000 and it finally sells out. Miraculously, it goes back to 1500. Somebody sure isn't doing their job!

Given I was able to jump on the wait list at the last second and get a conversion right away tells me they added more EX's.... Which is fine with me :)

Is the EX ray gun in hand worth it? Or do people like the pose with his gun holstered?

I like the Ray Gun because of the position of his left hand. Without it he looks like he might be playing a bit of air guitar. Not a super awesome EX, but it negates one of the things that bothered me about this piece.

Who else got the email that the last email was a typo and it is 15,000 ES not 1,500? :panic:

Anyone? :monkey3

Pick which character you like best. If you are a big X-MEN fan and have a solid collection of those characters, I'd say pick Jean. If your not, I'd pick Doom. IMO, Doom looks better.

I'm an x-men fan and would love Jean in my collection. If i had the first Doom i would have passed on this one.
Since they raised the es. I'm wondering if SS will let me flex Doom?

I'm an x-men fan and would love Jean in my collection. If i had the first Doom i would have passed on this one.
Since they raised the es. I'm wondering if SS will let me flex Doom?

I would go with Jean then. As for flexing Doom, give them a call. Maybe they can help you out.

Back