Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all,

I just wait listed the ex last night. Anybody think this will convert since it will be shipping soon or should I just go with the reg? Also if I am reading the description of the reg right, the reg will come with both masks?

Ahh, let me give credit to Mufizal Mokhtar who did the awesome Elektra statue for XM which I did use the base of it for making SS's Doom more impressive! I still don't get what SS one is all about:))

Can I just get an invitation to a white variant...:monkey3 lol

I can see that happening.

Ahh, let me give credit to Mufizal Mokhtar who did the awesome Elektra statue for XM which I did use the base of it for making SS's Doom more impressive! I still don't get what SS one is all about:))

Mufizal is an amazing artist, and he did great work on the Elektra base. As for a war, I have no interest in one. The above sentence was all that was needed.

Don't take the bait :lol

LOL... Honestly, ink I don't need to. While I know I have a LOT to learn I look at what I can do with the tools I know how to use, and I know I am an artist with a fair amount to say and even more I will be able to say.

from this

to this in 4 months
CaptainAmerica_zpsfoxmpfcd.jpg

CaptainAmerica2_zps8ermmrqy.jpg

CaptainAmerica1_zpscfrz2wfg.jpg

I like my chances at becoming fairly decent... lol

No credit to Joe Simon and Jack Kirby? :monkey3

Actually, NO,...lol. However, only because I never referenced any of their work to get to this point. NOW, I will give credit to Erick Sosa for helping me out with a really great sculpt over of my work... it is an AMAZING video by the way. I then did take his suggestions and applied them as best I could without copying everything he did as there were choices he made based on my screw ups... lol

Thank frig for that, it was getting very old. Who made you boss anyway spidey :lol
I meant no harm :peace

Last edited:

The Capt head looks great Spidey976. Is ZBrush a hard program to get started with?

I wish I had skills like that. I wouldnt know where to begin.

YOUTUBE is your friend with this program... at least to start, and it takes time to figure out what each tool does... Not just in terms of addition and subtraction of material, but in terms of the different 3D curves. With that being said... if you draw or sculpt with time you can pick this up. Erick Sosa's Patreon page is an amazing resource for info and if you pay attention you can learn so much. That and studying. Looking at how the curves of the body work not only in 2D, but in 3D as well. It takes time and patience, frequent saving, and the courage to fall FLAT on your face... my first sculpt looked like Mr. Potatoe head tried self cannibalism, but I studied for a few weeks and then started to practice. Believe it or not that Cap is actually a derivative of that original head sculpt.

Last edited:

YOUTUBE is your friend with this program... at least to start, and it takes time to figure out what each tool does... Not just in terms of addition and subtraction of material, but in terms of the different 3D curves. With that being said... if you draw or sculpt with time you can pick this up. Erick Sosa's Patreon page is an amazing resource for info and if you pay attention you can learn so much. That and studying. Looking at how the curves of the body work not only in 2D, but in 3D as well. It takes time and patience, frequent saving, and the courage to fall FLAT on your face... my first sculpt looked like Mr. Potatoe head tried self cannibalism, but I study for a few weeks and then started to practice. Believe it or not that Cap is actually a derivative of that original head sculpt.

LOL Great. I may get the program but I'd also need to get a tablet.

LOL Great. I may get the program but I'd also need to get a tablet.

Lol... I am still using a mouse... Going to get a tablet soon...lol

I think your an artist Spidey976. I wish I knew how to use Z brush. Bravo on that Cap rendering.:clap

Thank you very much toycrypt. I have been a penciler for more than 30 years, and it is totally amazing to start doing this 3D modeling, and it is teaching me how to be a better overall artist as I have to study the 3D form even more.

Last edited:
Back