Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^^^^^ I like it! Of course the hood, robe and tunic could use some futzing with......but overall I think it looks great.

Looks pretty good. They will all look a bit crumpled out the box.
I like it but doesn't fit my collection right now.

Dunno if that is a bit of fluff or a pull, on his chest.

Just to be clear though you guys are just looking for a metallic finish right, not a shined chrome look? Steel comes in a lot of different finishes, dull included but I agree his armor should have some metallic glint to it. Just not a completely polished shine though, that would look equally stupid.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Yup, a decent middle ground metallic finish would be more than enough to me.
Not the shiny automotive paint that Iron Man is supposed to have and definitely not chrome, I agree it would look silly and wouldn't fit Doom's character. But surely he shouldn't look dull and plastic like the LSF. The way Chronice is painting their Endoskull gives a good idea of what I'd like to see on a Doom armor (I know they're using automotive paint, but it's not the sports car shiny paint kind).
This:

Terminator-Genisys-Endoskeleton-bust-by-Chronicle-Collectibles-3.jpg

so he can look more like this:

2937489-doom.jpg

and absolutely not like this:

IMG_5592.JPG

Lol yeah, you can put it with your Iron Patriot maquette, Ultron PF, Doom LSF, MK42 maquette & bust and make an awesome "dull plastic like paint app" display. I'm sure it's going to rock.

It would be great if someone could try and do that. If the solution is really that simple, I might burn my reward points on this one and have it fixed, fabric doesn't concern me, but the paint app does. I dont' want to shell out too much extra money for a repaint, I'd have to shell out enough for a new custom base.

It would be great if someone could try and do that. If the solution is really that simple, I might burn my reward points on this one and have it fixed, fabric doesn't concern me, but the paint app does. I dont' want to shell out too much extra money for a repaint, I'd have to shell out enough for a new custom base.

When I get mine in hand I'll check him out and see what it looks like up close.

I personally wouldn't want a shiny paint job for him. That's not realistic metal IMO and I think this look is personally going for a grittier metal for Doom. A dirtier, used, non-polished Doom. And that's perfect for me as that's more how I envision the character.

I personally wouldn't want a shiny paint job for him. That's not realistic metal IMO and I think this look is personally going for a grittier metal for Doom. A dirtier, used, non-polished Doom. And that's perfect for me as that's more how I envision the character.

The original Doom doesn't even have it

Ok, now you're talking like a newbie or something. Mediocre Doom? We'll see this new Doom PF in about a month to judge.

Back