Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAME ON US FOR LETTING THIS THREAD DIE.

049-1.jpg

087.jpg

048.jpg

Without a doubt the nicest of the bunch, though the Hobbits are also pretty amazing. The real shame was letting the line die just when it was really beginning to hit the mark in quality, like with Gandalf and the two Hobbits. :(

I guess there may still be a small ray of hope, however dim, that interest will return to the line with the release of the Hobbit films.

Just thought I would pop into this thread to say how much I adore this figure. I have had him for some time now and he continues to be one of the best collectables I have, not just one of the best 1:6 figures I own. I am slightly biased as Gandalf is my favourite character from The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which are my favourite films and books, but I don't think anyone can deny that this figure is great.
When I get my new display set up (hopefully within a few days) I will take some fresh pictures of him (after reposing him). I have had him wearing the hat since I got it and now I'm going to try him without for a while.

The Hobbits are still my fave, but GTG is a close second.

Here is my Gandalf the Grey, along with Frodo and Sam (and my replica One Ring and Weta Red Eye)

lotrsideshow.jpg

Kuzeh -- I thought you redid your Gimli during the Great Gimli Project?

I've got the same set-up. I still need to add the Ringwraith (ToyBiz to fix up) and hopefully a Blindvoyeur Saruman.

This one truly is a gem but I accidentally got nail poish remover on his head while working on another figure n it's just ruined. :'( I am looking to buy one. Please name your price and send me a PM if interested

I took my Gandalf out of my display case the other day - first time in over a year - and found that his staff had just folded up on itslef so that it looked like a damp paper towel. It was all folded in half and soft, anyone else seen this?

Weird. I actually checked mine yesterday and it was still erm... stiff.

"Thats what she said" etc.... :wave

Weird. I just had my Bilbo staff checked (I made it from Gandalf's staff) and it is fine. Do you guys both have lights in your display cabinets? This is a bit unsettling.

Back