Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flosi...looks amazing...where do I contact Ski to have he/she repaint my Gandalf? What would it cost?

Looks good Flosi :rock

Thank you, Josh! :rock

Flosi...looks amazing...where do I contact Ski to have he/she repaint my Gandalf? What would it cost?

Geb, Ski is a member of the board, screen name Skiman. You can find him through the customs section, as his thread is always pretty active, or just go to my friends list. He's been a buddy of mine here on SSF for quite some time so I'm not sure if the rate he charges me for a paint app is the same for every customer. Anyway, just PM him and tell him you saw my Gandalf and was wondering if you could commission him to do yours as well.

Mine is on a Narrow Shoulder TT with a Nick Fury fat suit and Bane relaxed hands. FYI

Thanks Flosi! Yours looks great! Ski is awesome! If I afford it Id have him repaint both my Gandalf and Old Ben.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm just waiting to get Snyder-Man's Leia sculpt so I can send that off to Ski too. Dave is a great guy to deal with. He'll take any requests you may have and make them come to life... I feel spoiled by him. really.:lecture

Yeah Flosi, that Gandalf is outstanding. That makes me want to hunt down a Gandalf to complement the Morgul Lord when he arrives.

:duff

Here are some more up close pics. I also reshaped the hat to get a better shape/fit.

945172_10151617844624663_240251366_n.jpg

935290_10151617844754663_790082197_n.jpg

425212_10151617844824663_1643215601_n.jpg

427079_10151617844479663_256366371_n.jpg

I do hope the Asmus 1 holds up against the old SS 1 otherwise i might have to cry a little.

Dude! You guys have the best looking gandalf head sculpt. Too bad they cost more on eBay now -_- I never had a chance to get one.

Really happy to know I can finally add Gandalf to my collection. Came across a seller here with pretty classic stuff so I can finally complete the Sideshow LotR line (and have my display ready for everything asmus will produce). Also really like the boxart of this line. :drool

I just got one loose, missing accessories on hEllBAY for $28. The seller was selling him along with a toybiz figure so I guess many overlooked it. It is missing the pipe, alt staff, and extra hands, but I only need core Gandalf so I could repaint head a little more accurate and switch body to a TT knockoff. I will also be weathering the clothing. SO far I have a customized Aragorn, Legolas, and I made a Gimli from the DiD and toybiz kit. I got a loose Sam and Frodo (they are the best out of the line because SS teamed up with HT to make the bodies) a couple of months back for about $60 a piece. Again, no box but they came with all accessories and stands. I also have the Amus witch King. So save for Boromir and Faramir, I got the entire SS line of lotr 1/6.

I know this thread is long dead, but I found this guy for 50€ and couldn't resist. I hope I can get a Crown Series Asmus Gandalf, but in the meantime, here he is!

img_20200312_192049.png

img_20200312_192137.png

Amazing deal. Congrats!

Although certainly not at the detailing level of the Crown Series version, it still is a great representation of GtG.

Yes, maybe not up to current Asmus standards, but it was still a huge leap up in quality from SSC’s earlier LOTR offerings. Nice figure for the money.

Thank you guys. I've been thinking about replacing his body - any recommendations as to which one to get, and where? Thanks!

Back