Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got the exclusive version of Gandalf on 2nd chance option for my twin brother.
He just opened his the other day and I have a quick question, is he suppose to have a pipe? His didn't come with one. Where in the box would it have been held?:confused:
:chew

I got the exclusive version of Gandalf on 2nd chance option for my twin brother.
He just opened his the other day and I have a quick question, is he suppose to have a pipe? His didn't come with one. Where in the box would it have been held?:confused:
:chew

It's already attached to his staff.

It's already attached to his staff.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Hopefully when The Hobbit comes out interest will rekindle enough for SS (or someone else) to release good high quality 1:6. Baring that, I wouldn't expect to see anything mass produced in the 1:6 lines. :(

Hey Mikey, do you feel the height was affected much since you are using the shorter PRO body?

It did affect the height, but only nominally. My main issue was getting the hunch in his shoulders, and altering the neck so I could get some movement out of the head. The buck is too stiff for Gandy.

Just bought one from BBTS. I had been wanting one for a while now and I decided to look for one today and couldn't find him anywhere besides BBTS so I decided to get him while I could still find one available.

Congrats, Dally. Gandalf is one of Sideshow's finest 12" figures, from any line. Now you'll need to pick up a "Frodo"... ;)

Congrats, Dally. Gandalf is one of Sideshow's finest 12" figures, from any line. Now you'll need to pick up a "Frodo"... ;)

I'd buy the entire fellowship in a heartbeat if SS decided to return to the line and give us a Gimli, Merry, and Pippin. I'll most likely end up getting Frodo anyway, and Sam while I'm at it. :D

This is on the buck, would I be able to switch him to a TT without any mods?

I'd buy the entire fellowship in a heartbeat if SS decided to return to the line and give us a Gimli, Merry, and Pippin. I'll most likely end up getting Frodo anyway, and Sam while I'm at it. :D

This is on the buck, would I be able to switch him to a TT without any mods?

This is one of those rare times where there's really no need to swap out bodies. There's so many layers of clothing to hide the body and because of the beard and hair, there's really not much space to move the headsculpt around. The height is perfect as well. I wouldn't even bother.

This is one of those rare times where there's really no need to swap out bodies. There's so many layers of clothing to hide the body and because of the beard and hair, there's really not much space to move the headsculpt around. The height is perfect as well. I wouldn't even bother.

Great, thanks! :rock

Looks like I got the last one on BBTS, he is out of stock now. I really need to start buying stuff when they come out. This is about the third time I've bought the last one of something. :lol

Last edited:

If anyone is looking for a regular, Hastings had 3 at my local store discounted to $65!

Well my Gandalf arrived today, but unfortunately his joints are super loose. I'd like to switch him to a different body, but I can't pull his head off. If only they would make the rest of his joints as tight as his head. :banghead

Edit: Got the head off. :D Now I just have to figure out how to make it work on a TT.

Last edited:

Should work just fine if you have a neck plug for the TT body. Also you'll need to dremmel a larger hole in Gandalf's hands to accomodate the TT wrist pegs.

And update, for those of you near a hastings... Gandalf is now discounted to $65 :google

Frodo and Sam are musts. Just as good as Gandalf if not better.

Long behind on FUTZING this one, but finally got around to it today. Padded the belly a bit too but it doesn't really show...

Gandalffutz2.jpg
Gandalffutz1.jpg

Gandalffutz5.jpg

The broad shoulders drive me crazy. Anyone solve that one?

Never let these 12in threads die! :)

Last edited:
Back